Chapter 12

Is this fate?

"Well, someone's in a good mood?" Jenni smirked at her. She didn't answer her. Jenni cupped her face. "Oh my god! He kissed you, didn't he?"

"None of your business." She smiled teasing her.

"I love seeing you like this, Yoojin. It's been a long time since I saw you this happy." She pulled her for a hug.

"So, Yongguk huh?" Jenni raised her eyebrow and smirked. Yoojin pushed her out of the room and Jenni teased laughing at her.

When Jenni left, she took a warm bath and get ready to sleep. Yoojin lay down on her bed and she touched her lips. She remembered how soft Yongguk's lips is. How it melted her. Will she be happy again?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Five years ago.

She is torns between her love or friendship. Kyungri is her bestfriend and her first roommate. She helped her a lot when Yoojin first arrived in the town. She let her stay with her and even helped to find a job for her. Kyungri is the best roommate anyone could ever ask for.

And Joon, he's the man that she fall in love with. She knows very well of their relationship. Hell, she can heard them having in the next room of her. But she couldn't help it. If falling in love with your bestfriend's boyfriend is a crime, she would be charged as a criminal. A petty one.

But Yoojin knew that it is wrong. So, she kept her feeling to herself. She didn't want to come between them. Kyungri has done a lot of thing for her. She owes her that much. Whenever Joon is coming over, she would locked herself in her room avoiding their lovey-dovey act.

That day, when she got back after her work and Joon was there in front of her front door. "I'm sorry. Kyungri went to her grandpa's house. Her uncle is sick. Didn't she told you?"

"Yeah, I know. I come here to see you." Joon looked straight to her eyes. She quickly glanced away avoiding his gazes. "Why are you avoiding me, Yoojin?"

"No. Umm. No. I'm..umm. I'm not avoiding you." She stuttered panickly when Joon grabbed her hand.

"I don't bite, Yoojin. I just want to be friend with you. Kyungri always talked about you." He chuckled. "Can I come in?"

"Sure." She hesitated.

Since that day, they've become closer. She didn't realize that Joon spent a lot of times with her more than with Kyungri. Whenever Kyungri is not home, Joon would come and they watched movies together. Until each day passes, Kyungri and Joon become distant.

He would find any excuses to talk to Yoojin. Messaging her asking which tie should he wear. Asking her how to cook a simple dish. And asking her how to pick the best detergent for his clothes. She didn't mind of him. She would wait for his text everyday. When her phone chimed, she would run fast to checked if it was from Joon. 

"I love you, Yoojin." He confessed to her one day. She shocked at his confession. "I don't know when this happen. You're the one I love the most. More than anyone else."

When he suddenly kissed her, she didn't stop him. She pulled him closer wanting more. Her mind is clouded with desperation. She want to feels wanted. Even if it's mean to backstab her bestfriend.

It didn't takes too long for Kyungri found out about them. She kicked her out of her house immediately. They both cried their heart out. Kyungri felt betrayed. While Yoojin is guilty and she knows she just lost her bestfriend. "Are you ing kidding me? Why it has to be Joon."

"How could you do this to me? You're my friend. I've trusted you." Kyungri cried shakingly. Her heart is broken. Yoojin couldn't say a word. She knew she's the one at fault. But she didn't meant for it to turn out to be like this. "I don't want to see your face anymore."

Joon offered her to stay with him and she's gladly accepted. The first few nights, she would cry and Joon would cuddled her on bed trying to calm her. He did everything he can to stop her from crying.

Joon will always bring her to his favorite place to cheer her up. It is a small park nearby his house. He told her that he finds comfort in this place after having a rough time. He tighten his grips on her hand. "I wish you could find it too. I don't want you to be sad."

"Hey, Joon." She hesitated for a while. "Why did you left Kyungri?"

"Because it's you who I want to be with all along, silly." Joon cupped her face. He kissed her softly. He want to reassured her.

"You won't leave me, right?" Yoojin ran her finger through his hair. The other hand tugging his shirt.

"You know I love you to the bottom of the sea, Yoojin." He chuckled. He grabbed her hand and danced to his singing. She laughed. She holds him tight never want to let him to go. This is the happiest day of her live.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Reminiscing the past is a mistake. She can't seem to hold her tears any longer. The pain that she bear is too much. She let her tears falling down. She is the worst person ever. No one deserve her. That's why she keep trying to push everyone away.

Beep. Her phone chimes breaking the silence. She wiped her tears. She looked at her phone emotionless. It's Yongguk.

I've miss you already. Rest well. I'll see you on Monday.


A/N: I try to write a flashback. So it is kind of jumping on the timeline. I'll do better next time!

 

Thank you for reading and subscribing! ^^