Chapter 6

Is this fate?

Yoojin couldn't believe this. How on earth does Jenni cannot find any man other than Bang Yongguk. There are millions of single man in this world so why it has to be him. She cursed to herself. His stupid smile is already irritated her. From the first time she has met him, she knew he was a trouble.

"I've been paid to sit here for at least an hour. So you can leave if you want to." Yoojin said breaking the silence. The intense staring contest is still going on between them.

"What if I dont want to?" Yongguk simply shooks his head and smile. "You look different. You've cut your hair and it's red. I like red."

"So, tell me about yourself? Do you live around here?" Yongguk continued. He knew this woman in front of him is trying to build a wall between them. A tall sturdy wall that impenetrable. He couldn't care less. He wants to get closer to her and he didn't even know why.

Yoojin sighed. She's contemplating whether she want to leave now or stay. She glances over at her watch and there's still 50 minutes left. Thinking how much Jenni wants this for her, she decided to stay.

"Stop staring at me." Yoojin annoyed.

"Well then, answer the damn question." Yongguk cuts her word. She stayed quiet folding her arms. "You know. After two hours of interrogation at the mart the other day, I can't really shake you off my head. You don't have any idea on how much I've begged them to watch the security camera to let me go."

"Look. If this about you getting your revenge on me…" Yoojin said before Yongguk cuts her off again.
"Who's talking about revenge? First, this is our date night and I'm just interested in you."

"And why are you so interested in me?" She mocked.

"Because you are a damsel in distress where the world against you. And perhaps I want to be your prince charming saving you from this ty harsh world." Yongguk smiled and tooks her drink to takes a sip. She flustered by his action.

Yoojin silently stares at him. She studies his face closely. His face is chiseled beaming with masculinity. The way he smiled showing his gummy with his plump lips. Her eyes trailed along his sharp jawline down to his long neck before finding his dark deep eyes. She looks intensely trying to reads him.

"Already falling for me huh?" He questioned her with his sly smirk. She caught off guard and hurriedly scoffed at him. Before she could even reply to him, she catches a familiar glimpses of a person heading towards her.

"Well, look what I find here. Isn't this the famous ty ?" . Yoojin gritted her teeth and clenched her jaw. She glared at Kyungri, her sworn enemy ever since she's dated Joon back then.

"Who's this? Another one of your victim? Why? Joon is not enough for you is it?" Kyungri adding fuels into the heated environment. She puts her hand on Yongguk's broad shoulder. "I should warn you, handsome. This over here would everyone around including someone else boyfriend."

Yongguk flinched at her touch showing discomfort. He looked puzzled. He questioned silently who the hell is this woman. He finds Yoojin's eyes which filled with hatred and curiously wants to know what happened between them. Above all, who the is Joon?

"Well, your beloved boyfriend left you for me. I've made him screams out my name every night which I remembered he said that you're incapable of doing so." Yoojin retaliated and smirk at her.

"How dare you!" Kyungri splashed her iced americano straight to Yoojin's face.

"Really, is that the best you can do? Come on, I've him senselessly better than you." Yoojin tighten her fist staring at Kyungri fiercely.

Kyungri couldn't hold her anger any longer. She raised her hand trying to slap her as hard as she could. Before anything happen, Yongguk stand in her way grabbing her hand and shoved her away.

"Stay away from her." He warned her firmly. His eyes sternly glared at her until she walked away yelling this is not over. He glared at other audiences in the cafe as well and then yells at them to mind their own business.

Yoojin face redden fumed with anger. Most of all, she felt embarrased. Why did Yongguk has to see all of this. She knew she shouldn't agreed on this date. She picked up her purse and dashed out of the cafe. Tears slowly flowing down her face.

Yongguk caught up to her. He grabbed her hand and turns her around facing him. His heart aches seeing her like this. He wants to hug her, comforting her but he didn't know if she'll let her. "Are you okay?"

His eyes are warm and full with concern. She knew how does she looks. A complete mess. The past memories were flooded through her mind. She wants to bury them all. "Just let me go, Yongguk. Leave me alone."

He watch her walked away reluctantly. There is nothing he could do now. He saw her face cover with tears. And her eyes are soulless and defeated.