Chapter 3

Is this fate?

Yoojin throws her keys in a small basket on the table. She needs a warm bubble bath so badly. Its still raining outside when she arrived home. She recalled back at the restaurant where she met him. When he insisted on seated with her, she could try to eat while ignoring him. After he tried to engaged on small talk, she couldn't stand him anymore. She grabbed her purse, paid her meal and dashed outside.

"That stupid Bang Yongguk. I didn't even finished my noodle." She muttered to herself. She goes straight to kitchen to grab a glass of water.

"What the hell happened to you?" Jenni's voice piercing across the hall. She cups Yoojin face and stares curiously at her. "You look horrible."

"Thank you Captain Obvious." Yoojin snorted at her. Jenni still won't let her go waiting for an explanation. "Can you at least let me drink a glass of water. I just got back. Geez."

Yoojin told her the truth without mentioning anything about Yongguk. Jenni let out a breath of relief and finally let her go.

"That's why I told you to meet a man. He can gives you a ride home when this kind of situation occurs. At least I don't have to worry about you if anything happen. You don't even give me your answer on this blind date I've set for you." Jenni is genuinely concerns at her friend.

"You know the answer, Jenni. It's still a big fat no." Yoojin stands her ground. "Beside, I don't need a man. What I need is an umbrella." She tried to reason.

"Oh come on! It just one night. A date. Nothing more. Beside, you kind of owe me one when I save your and let you live here." Jenni snide at her.

"You promised you won't bring it up again. You've already did when you ask me to buy your stuff everytime. Its not fair." Yoojin snide back at her.

"Pleaseeeee. If you sit there for an hour I'll give you 50 bucks." Jenni pleaded with her shining eye. "You are my bestfriend, Yoojin. I can't let you be an old maiden. You have to see this world that full of love. You will hear the birds singing lullabies again. The flowers blooming with your heart..."

"Ohh shut up. Fine, I'll go but for one hour only. Just because you care enough to come up with those crap about birds and flower." She folds her arm while pouting.

"Great. The date is this saturday." Jenni smiled victoriously while grabbing her keys and heads out.