Chapter 8

Is this fate?

Yongguk follows Yoojin by her side trying to keep up with her fast pace. From her office, to the subway until to the road leads to her apartment, Yongguk would never stop trying to talk to her. But, she's always being to careful like there is something holding her back. And she always being cold to him.

"For a short person like you, you're sure could walk faster than Usain Bolt. If you join those walkathon competition, you'll be a champion." He puts on both of his thumbs up.

"Of course I am, if I'm competing with a slug like you." She snided. He laughed at her.

"I just had a bad day today. But whenever I see you, you simply have that magic spells on me to make me forget everything, Yoojin." He smiled and his voice full with sincerity. She could almost feels it.

"So, how was your day?" He asked.

She could've just ignores him as she always do to him but she could see no harm in making this little conversation. "Worse, I guess. I'll have to do a lot of explaining tomorrow at the office. You've just introduced yourself as my loverboy."

"Well, I'm not really sorry." He chuckled. "But I wish I can cast those magic spells like what you did to me ."

"Nevermind, I'll put on the spell myself." She mocked him. "I should've learn a spell to cast you away."

"Please don't." He laughed. "By the way, aren't you curious about me? You didn't ask me anything."

"I don't know, should I?" She questioned him back.

"Well, don't worry my dear. I'll tell you everything. I lived nearby you. We go to the same mart. I worked with my dad on the small car workshop not far from here. I'll take you there someday. It's not a lot but it is something. At least, for the rent and food. Besides, I have really flexible working hour." He grinned. "So, more time for you."

"Your dad should've fired you. You have way too much of free time." She snorted.

Yongguk continued on talking about how his day went. He told her that he has a little fight with his dad about the replacement order. Apparently he was wrong and being lectured by his dad. He caught her let out a small giggles before clearing and and put on her poker face. When they arrived in front of her apartment, she thanked him out of courtesy.

"You should offer me at least a coffee, you know. I walked you all the way here." He said.

"I don't have coffee."

"How about juice?"

"We've run out of juice."

"Water?"

"We didn't pay our bills for months." She replied short.

"Geez, stop making up stuff. You could've said no." He laughed. "Well, I see you tomorrow Yoojin"

"Huh. Wait. What? Why should I see you again?" Yongguk smiled. He waved goodbye at her while walking away. Yoojin shrugged.

She opened her front door and eyed on Jenni's shoes. She's here. She knocked on her door as loud as she can. There's a lot of questions going through her mind. About Yongguk.

"Could you knock louder, Yoojin. I don't think our neighbors heard you." Jenni snided at her when she opens her door. She shoved her away and land on her bed.

"How do you know Yongguk?" She started questioning while looking dead serious to Jenni who's annoyed at her.

"Well, he's Daehyun friend. I've never met him but Daehyun keeps saying nice thing about him. He's the one who suggested to set both of you on date." Jenni explained.

"Why the hell did you give him my number?" She squinted her eyes sharply looking at her.

"He keeps asking Daehyun." She pulled Yoojin's hand to stand in front of her looking worried. "I thought the date went well. That's why he kept bugging Daehyun. And you didn't tell me anything. Why, is something wrong?"

"You remember when I burned my favourite pants the other night right? It was Yongguk's dog that pissed on me. You remember when I got back from work when it was raining like crazy and how hideous I was with smeared mascara and blue lips. I eat with him looking like that. And this crazy date that you set up, its him. Its all him!" She nagged at her.

"Ohh my god. Talk about fate!" Jenni cried excitedly with high pitch. She holds Yoojin's hand swinging her around with her body.

"Do you even listen to me woman?" She cried furiously stopping her. "Everytime I'm in this kind of deep , he's always there. Doesn't he sounds like a bad omen to me? You know. The one that I should stay away from."