Chapter 7

Is this fate?

It's already Monday, the warm sunlight creep through her curtain. Yoojin stretches her body lightly before looking at her phone. , it is 8.25 am and she's already running late. Her leg stumbled upon her small desk as she rushly heading towards the bathroom. It is not a good start of a day.

"Good morning!" Jenni greeted her handing her toast with strawberry jam. "You didn't tell me yet about your date last Saturday. I'm not going to let you off this time."

"I'm seriously running late now and I have important meeting today. I have to catch a cab. I'll promise to tell you everything later." She cupped Jenni's face and peck on her cheek and dashes to the door. She knew she couldn't run away from her forever. She's literally locked her door that night hoping Jenni to leaves her alone.

She arrived at her office just in time. Apparently, her meeting is postponed until 2 pm. She cursed. After all the hassle she went through just because Mina, the dimwit newcomer forgots to give her the memo. Is this day cannot gets any worse?

Yoojin is to focused on her works and realises she missed out her lunch. She sighed. It's almost 2pm, she heads out and goes to attend her meeting. Along the meeting, her stomach just won't stop grumbling like playing an orchestra. She holds her stomach and bites her lips.The small sounds are already enough to attract her colleagues and they didn't waste anytime to laugh at her at the end of the meeting.

Yoojin leans on her chair and closed her eyes. After the meeting, apparently she is appointed as the next week showcase. Meaning, her works will be piling up and it stressed her out. Ding. Her phone chimes with a new message.

How is your day today? Hell or heaven? -yongguk

She rounded her eyes. Why the hell is this man everywhere? She furiously types on her phone replying to him. mumbling curses.

Where the hell did you get my number?

Doesn't matter. I've been meaning to text you earlier but I don't want to sound too desperate.

What do you want from me?

I want you of course. Jenni told me you leave at 5 pm right. I'll wait in front of your building.

Don't bother showing up.

She gaped in disbelief. Who the hell does he thinks he is. She throws her phone on the desk. Of course its Jenni who gaves him her number. She's never heard her mentioned Yongguk before. How does she knows him? Why suddenly he is in her life?

After politely rejecting her colleague's offer for dinner, she walked out the building. Her eyes carefully scanning around making sure he is not here. And there is Bang Yongguk, leaning on the wall at the left corner. He smiles bright as ever waving his hand at her. She sighed.

Yoojin walks as fast as she can trying to pass him before he grabbed her hand. She tries to shook of her hand but Yonguk tighten his grips. "Hi!" He showed his stupid gummy smiles.

"I've told you don't bother to show up. Geez, people never listen." She snides and glared at him intensely.

"You know right now your eyes shoot through me like a dagger. I don't mind though. It goes straight to my heart." He chuckled.

"And I hope it stabbed to your heart and sliced it into pieces." She mocked him.

"Ouch." He put his left hand on his chest pretending to be in pain and burst out laughing. "Well, I just want to be nice and walk you home. I'm your prince charming, remember?"

"Wow, look what we have here." Assistant manager Jung's voice pierced through her ears. Her eyes widen and quickly pulls her hand away from Yongguk but he still won't let her go.

"No wonder you always rejected us, she got her loverboy over here." Hana, her colleague starts the fire.

"Hi, I'm Yongguk. The loverboy." Yongguk smiles pulling Yoojin closer to him and wrapped his arm around her waist. She rolled her eyes.

She panicly shook her head with shocked expression. "No no no. He's not my…"

"It's okay, Yoojin. We won't disturb you. Have a nice date. I'll see you tomorrow." Assistant manager Jung said and leaving them. Hana and Mina waved their hands with giddiness at Yongguk. He chuckled.

Yoojin pushes Yongguk away hard when her colleagues were out of sight. She grunt out loud. "Great. This is just great."