Chapter 7

She's My Tutor

I sighed and looked in the mirror. It's eleven in the morning and I officially woke up two minutes ago. I'm a disaster. I quickly got in the shower and took a look at my hair. All the color is beginning to fade really bad. It doesn't look as cool anymore. I sighed and took out the box of dye my mother gave me.

It's time.

An hour later my hair is now just shiny blonde. Not bad though. It looks nice. My hair is getting so long. I should do something about that. I looked through my stuff and found a pair of scissors. My hair is about to the small of my back. WAY too long. I started snipping and cutting. I chopped up my bangs so they didn't look like they were part of my hair and I made a lot more layers. I ended up cutting my hair a little bit long and it was perfect. Layered beautifully and it fit my face really well. I loved it. The question is, what will Mina think?

I don't care. I like it and that's all that matters.

I was actually feeling a lot better. I only woke up once last night to puke and the color is back in my face.

Yesterday was weird. Mina has feelings for me? When did she even begin to have feelings in general?!

I sighed. I have a long day ahead of me. Mina took my homework last night and said she'd turn it all in for me today.

I went and sat on my bed. My head feels so light without all my hair. I shook it and laughed. I'm so curious about what Mina is going to say.

I the TV and decided to see what was on. The Notebook was on so I settled for that. I got out my notebook with all my notes. I'm actually going to study. Shocking I know.

 

Once the super long movie finished and I felt like my head was going to explode I decided to take a short walk. More like sneak out and grab a cup of coffee.

I put on some shoes and made my way out.

I walked down the hall and out the door. I should be okay. Everyone is in class right now.

I went down the little coffee stand and ordered my usual. When all of the sudden I heard, "What do you think you're doing?" from behind me.

I turned around. There was my uncle. "I just wanted a coffee! I promise!"

"You're still sick, you need to stay indoors. It's freezing outside."

"It's a warm coffee."

"What did you do to your hair?"

"I dyed it back to its original color and cut it a little."

He smiled. "Well, it looks great. You may have a real future for hairstyling."

"I never thought of that." I said smiling.

"Well, get back to your room now. Is Mina going to stop by and tutor you today?"

"Yeah, she is."

"Alright. I have noticed a tremendous jump in your grades. Compared to last year you're doing wonderful."

"Yeah, she's actually a really good tutor."

"She is the best. Now, I'll ask you one last time to go back up to your room!" He said chuckling and pushing me in that direction. I laughed and walked back up to my room.

 

I went and continued studying and watching chick flicks until I finally heard a knock at my door.

"Wha?"

"You like it?" I asked.

"Well, yeah! I do. It's just, I wasn't expecting it." she said laughing. "Did you do it yourself?"

"I did."

"I'm really actually impressed. It looks really nice."

"Thank you."

She walked inside and set her stuff down. "So, how was your day?"

"Pretty nice. Mostly just sat and watched chick flicks with the occasional trip to throw up."

"Nice. I really needed to know that."

"Get over it."

"Alright, so what do you want to start with?"

"You know, I think we should start doing tutoring in here."

"Why?"

"I don't know, I just like it. Or your room."

"You're not allowed to go over there." She said smirking.

"That's true. The only reason you are allowed in here is because I allowed you."

"Exactly, so I guess we can just keep it in here. But there's too many distractions for you."

"No there isn't!" I scoffed.

She just rolled her eyes and handed me my homework for the night.

 

We spent the night doing it like usual. Finally it was almost time for her to leave. "Mina, are we going to talk about what happened last night?"

"What's there to talk about?"

"Are you kidding me? There's tons to talk about!"

"You start then." She smirked.

I glared and crossed my arms. "Do you like me? Like actually care for me?" I asked.

"Yes, I do."

"And I care about you."

"There we have that established, now what's there to talk about?"

I was getting all flustered and she was just sitting on my bed smiling. "Mina! I...you...ugh! You're so annoying!"

She grabbed my wrist and made me stop pacing. "Momo, take a deep breath. Right now you have an important test on Friday. Focus on that."

"I can't when I don't know where we stand."

"Just trust me."

"Nope." I said smirking.

"Listen, you just need to not worry about anything, okay?"

"Are you like one of those girls that like to be in control all the time? Because if that's the case, then this will never work out."

"I'm pretty sure we were doomed from the start."

"So what are you saying?"

"I'm saying, stop being a silly teenage girl and focus on what's important."

"Mina!" I whined.

"If you do good on your test this Friday, I'll...I don't know. Be reasonable for a day." she smiled.

"I'll take the deal!"

"Alright, well I have to leave now. Goodnight you oh so flustered child."

"Goodnight oh so aggravating child."

She took one last look and smiled as she walked out and shut the door behind her.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

"Mina!" I yelled catching up to her. It's Friday and school just ended.

She turned around and smiled. "Hey."

"Guess what!"

"What?"

"You get to be reasonable for one day." I smirked.

"Why's that?"

"You promised that if I did good on my test you would be reasonable for a day."

"Okay, let me be the judge of good. A C is not good."

"How about an A!" I said holding up my paper.

She took it and looked it over with a shocked face. "You got an A?!"

"Yep!"

"Wow, I'm utterly impressed and very proud of you. Congratulations."

"Thank you, and now you must be reasonable."

"I'll be reasonable tomorrow. How does that sound?"

"Nope, from now until tomorrow this time."

"Fine. Hey, in honor of your great accomplishment want to go get a milkshake?"

"You're buying?"

"Why not."

"Okay." We began walking to the little ice cream shop. "So, did you have any tests this week?"

"Yeah, two?"

"I assume you got A's?"

"Yup."

"Of course. Make my one meager A look awful."

"Hey, you should be proud of yourself. You've improved so much."

"Only thanks to you."

"Yeah, well, what can I say? I'm just that amazing."

I laughed. "You wish."

"Okay, so I'm guessing you aren't sick anymore?"

"Yeah, I'm feeling twenty times better. Seeing this A just adds to it!"

She chuckled. "Okay, well stop for a second."

I did but I looked at her confused. "Why?"

"Just trust me."

"You know I don't."

"Momo, please just close your eyes for a second."

"What?! No!"

"Momo, please!"

"Nope! I don't trust you as far as I can throw you, and that ain't far!"

"I'll buy you a larger milkshake."

I thought about it for a second. "With sprinkles."

"Fine, with sprinkles."

 

I shut my eyes and waited for whatever she was going to do. All of a sudden I felt her lips on mine. That shocked me, but I kept my eyes closed, smiled and wrapped my arms around her neck. She placed her hands on my waist. She kissed me slowly and tenderly. It was beyond perfect.

She finally pulled away and looked at me smiling. "You know, you still owe me a coffee too."

"What?"

"Don't you remember when we first met? You ruined my coffee."

"Of all the times to bring that up, you choose now?"

"Sorry." I said laughing. "Oh and by the way, I really like kissing you."

"Oh, that's good to here because I like kissing you too."

"Now, I want a milkshake. Then a coffee."

"You know coffee is really bad for you."

"Yeah, well, do you want a grouchy me or a dollar cup of coffee."

"Good point."

 

We started walking to the little ice cream shop again. As we walked he reached over and nonchalantly took my hand in hers. I smiled and just held on. "So where does this leave us?" I asked.

"Hmm...anywhere you want. How's that?"

"I don't want that kind of responsibility! It's too much pressure."

She laughed. "I guess I should ask you to be my girlfriend right now."

"Maybe."

"But I'm not going to."

I stopped in my tracks. We were still holding hands so she had to stop too. "What?!"

"I'm not going to yet. Relax."

"You better have a good reason."

"Don't you ever just relax?"

"Not when it comes to this stuff."

"Okay, do you want me to just ask you now?"

"Yes."

"Well, I'm not going to!"

"Ugh! You're so difficult." I let go of her hand and stomped ahead of her.

I could hear her laughing as she ran up and threw her arm around my shoulders. "Momo, you are a piece of work."

"Why are you so happy and carefree all of the sudden?"

"I think it may be because of you. I just kind of came to terms with the fact that I care about you and no matter what I do, even if you leave you're still annoying me in my head, so I might as well deal with it. I'm just comfortable with you."

"Aw, I'm touched, but still mad."

"Of course you are."

 

We finally got inside the ice cream shop. I ordered a banana milkshake with extra sprinkles and he ordered a chocolate shake.

We went and sat on one of the booths. "Want to try mine?" I asked.

She thought for a second. "Sure, I guess I already kissed you so any germs have already been passed."

I rolled my eyes. "Can I try yours?"

She handed it to me. It tasted good. You can't ever go wrong with simple chocolate.

"I like the banana shake." She declared.

"It is the best."

"So, now that you have gotten an A on your test am I no longer needed?" she asked.

"As my tutor?"

"Yeah."

"I don't know. I don't think I could survive the rest of the school year without you as my tutor."

She smiled. "Well, it's not like I'd actually go anywhere."

"So true."

We sat there talking for a little while then once we finished our shakes we left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N:

HEY GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE ^~^ Y'KNOW I HAVE EXAMS TODAY... AND GUESS WHAT. IT'S FREAKIN HARD.  BUT I MANAGED TO GET OVER IT LOL.

BUT I JUST WANTED TO UPDATE TODAY SINCE THIS FF IS SO SWEET >.< I KNOW THIS ESCALATED SO QUICK BUT NO. IT'S NOT YET OVERRRR >.>

ANYWAYSSSS THANKS EVERYONE :) LOVE Y'ALLLL~

JEONGNAM OPPAAAAA~ <3

 

~_momoring_