Chapter 5

She's My Tutor

"I just don't get it! Okay!"

"Momo it's not that hard."

"Mina, I'm stupid! Might as well give up!"

I had reached the end of my rope. It's been a week since the incident at homecoming. Rumors went around. I still talk to Yeri and Seulgi, because they knew that Jeongyeon could be a real jerk, but now I sit over by Mina. I don't know why, but I really don't want to sit anywhere near those girls that attacked me or Jeongyeon.

Mina isn't happy about me sitting with her, but she tolerates me.

Anyways it's one of our tutoring sessions and I'm over my limit. I just can't get it no matter what I do. I've been feeling really crappy lately too. I don't know why. I think I might be getting sick. I don't know, but it .

"Momo, calm down. Just listen to me." she explained the Algebra problem for the third time and I felt like crying. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I have a splitting head ache and feel like crap.

"Mina, I don't feel well, can we do this another time?" I pleaded.

"Don't you have a test this week? I need you to understand this." she said exasperated.

"Mina, I'm not going to lie. I feel really sick."

She sighed. "Alright. I guess we can go back over this tomorrow."

I quickly packed up and ran out of there. I did not feel well. I think I'm going to throw up.

I sprinted to my room, threw my stuɞ on the ground and ran to the bathroom and out came my breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Not the greatest feeling.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

MINA'S POV

 

I watched her sprint out of there. She didn't look well. I sighed and packed up all my stuff.

For the record we are kind of talking again. Not a lot, but she did tell me what she heard Jeongyeon say.

Frankly I'm not surprised. I've known her for a while, we used to be good friends. She's not a good person.

I went back to my dorm. I sent a request to the dean to have a dorm to myself. After my dad got involved he finally agreed. It's nice. I wouldn't be able to handle having a roommate. I'm now so focused on my studies that having someone in my room with me would just irritate me.

I wasn't always like this. I used to be a pretty bad girl. I did drugs, started fights, got awful grades, and dressed like I didn't own a belt. What changed you may ask? A girl. I met a girl. She was smart amazing, sweet, funny, and perfect. At least that's what I thought.

We started dating and I changed my whole act for her. My mother was probably the most happy for me though. I stopped doing drugs. I dressed more appropriately. I started actually getting good grades, all for that girl. Im Nayeon.

Well, an unfortunate series of events unfolded after that. I had to stay late one day at school because of a test I had to make up. Well on my way out I heard something from one of the storage closets. It's the typical sad story. I heard her. I opened it to find her and my best friend hooking up. It was probably one of the worst times in my life, because just a couple days after that my mom was hit by a drunk driver. She was in critical condition for three days then died.

I don't cry anymore because I cried so much in that time. I considered killing myself, yes. But then I would think of my mom. That's why I strive so hard for my grades. She would want it. She was so happy when I got my act together and I miss her so much.

I sighed and got ready for bed. I always have a small head ache on the back of my head and the only relief I get from it is sleep.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I went to class in the same manner as usual. Bored. I sat in my chair in biology. I didn't see Momo. I expected her to be late. It wouldn't be surprising. I don't know why I was even wondering where that haphazard girl was. Then the bell rang and she still wasn't here. Then class started. Then an hour went by. Then class ended. Still no Momo.

I didn't care. It saved me from her constant chatter.

I was walking to my next class when I was stopped by the dean. "Mina, can you do me a huge favor?"

"Um...sure."

He handed me a paper. I looked at it. It was all Momo's classes. "What's this for?"

"After school I was hoping you could run by and pick up her homework and take it to her, and if she's feeling up to it try tutoring her today."

"Is she sick?"

"Yeah, she wasn't feeling well this morning."

"Okay."

I went through the day like normal. Nothing that interesting. After school I went to all Momo's classes and got her homework as promised.

I found my way to her dorm room, which was a lot more difficult than it needed to be.

I knocked and after what seemed like forever she opened the door. I gasped at the sight of her. She looked awful, but at the same time still pretty in her way.

"What?" She snapped.

"Your uncle asked me to pick up your homework and come see if you're up for tutoring."

She sighed. "I do have a test this week, so yeah, I could use some tutoring."

"Are you feeling up to it though?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

"Thanks Mina. Go ahead and kick me while I'm down."

"I didn't mean it like that. You just look kind of sick."

"I'm fine."

"Liar."

"Just do your freaking job and teach me some useless crap."

"Fine. What do you want to start with? You're the sick one, so you get to pick."

"How about history? That way I can just listen to you tell a story." She said collapsing on her bed.

I walked into her room and looked around. It was very similar to mine. I was surprised about how organized it was. Then I noticed on her bed a little teddy bear. I walked over and picked it up. "Do you sleep with this?"

She looked up at me. "Hey! Put him down!"

"I'll take that as a big yes." I chuckled. "Where'd you get him?"

She walked over and grabbed him from my hand. "When I was like seven a little girl won it for me at a carnival."

"That was nice of her."

"Yeah, she was really sweet. It makes me wonder why girls and guys can't be more like that now."

"She was seven."

"What does that matter? Who cares how old you are, you can still be nice."

"Excellent point."

"Let's start now."

I went over to her desk and set my stuff down. I took her desk chair and sat on it backwards facing her.

I had already looked at her homework so I told her what she was supposed to know in her history class. She listened patiently and took notes here and there. Then she started on her homework.

 

Once she finished that I went onto biology. Same routine. Then English. Once we finished with that though she excused herself and ran to the bathroom.

She came out a couple minutes later. "Momo, you should really consider going to the nurse."

"I'm fine Mina."

"I'm not kidding, if you're seriously sick you should go."

"Mina, do your job and stop bugging me." She snapped. I sighed.

I saved Algebra for last because of how much she hates it.

I explained to her one of the problems she had to do and then left her to work on it. I went over to her mini fridge and got a soda. "So, how are you doing?" I asked still deciding which soda I wanted. I didn't get a response. "Momo?"

I turned around and started flipping out. She was lying on her bed, passed out. "Momo?! Momo! Wake up!" That was not good. I ran out of the room to the Dean's office that was close. "Sir! Come help, Momo isn't waking up!"

He quickly got up and ran to her room. "Mina go call 911." He said in a serious tone.

I did as I was told. They were there in less than ten minutes.

The dean turned to me. "I know this is a lot to ask, but can you please go with her to the hospital? I have too much here I have to watch over and look."

"Yes sir." I said.

I got in the ambulance with her and rode to the hospital.

 

 

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

 

I was sitting by her bed. She was still asleep. The doctor came in and looked at her chart. "Ah, the flu plus stress. Never a good combination." He smiled at me. I half smiled back.

"Sir, isn't it contagious?"

"Yeah, that's why I'm going to give you this lovely little vaccine." He said. "Come over here and I'll give you the shot."

I sighed and walked over to him. "Are you ready?" he asked.

"Just stick it in me doc." I said annoyed.

Then I heard a faint, "That's what she said." From her bed. I whipped around and she was smiling.

"Really Momo. That's so inappropriate."

"But funny. Come on patronize the sick girl."

"Fine. It was okay."

"Glad to see you too Mina." She then looked around. "Where am I?"

"The hospital."

"Yuck. I hate the hospital."

"Yeah, well listen, the next time I say 'hey I think you should go to the nurse.' Let this be a lesson, you should listen to me! I'm always right anyways."

"Listen, Mina, I know you have this uncontrollable need to lecture me all the time and cover up your feelings, but I really don't think this is the time. Just say what you're really feeling. 'Momo, I was really worried and I'm happy you're okay.'"

I sighed and looked at my hands, then back up at her. "Momo, I was really worried and I'm happy you're okay."

She smiled. "There, that's not so hard."

"Don't you ever do that again though. I was really scared. I turned around and you were passed out on your bed."

"Well, I'm glad you care."

"Pfftt! I don't care."

"Yeah, sure." She said rolling her eyes.

"Shut up Momo."

"It's not a big deal if you do. Emotions are a good thing. Let them show." She said dramatically. Now it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"Aren't you tired?" I asked.

"Yeah, a bit."

"Go to sleep then."

"I don't want to."

"Please Momo. You need to get better."

She sighed. "By the way, thanks."

"For what?"

"Being here at the hospital with me. I really don't like hospitals."

"No problem, but please let this be the only time."

She chuckled and began to fall asleep. "Are you going to leave when I'm asleep?"

"I might. But I'll be back in the morning."

"What about school?"

"What's one day?"

She smiled. "Thanks again." Then she fell asleep.

Once I was sure she was asleep I got up and got a taxi back to the school.

This is getting out of hand. This stupid girl is getting so far under my skin that I actually have feelings for her. I do care. When did that happen?

 

I mean, I never really wanted to like a girl again after Nayeon, but somehow this girl, who is dumber than a sack of potatoes, who won't stop arguing with me, who won't shut up for anything, who probably can't spell Mississippi without singing the little rhyme has actually won me over. I suppose she has some redeeming qualities. She's funny. She can be nice I guess. Maybe if she actually likes you. She's really pretty in her own crazy way. Oh my gosh, I have a crush on Hirai Momo. What is this world coming to?

 

 

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: HEY EVERYONEEEE! THANKS FOR READING AND WAITING ^~^

I'LL UPDATE TOMORROW OKAY? JUST WAIT FOR IT :) AND WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER? XD MINAAAAA OMFGG LOL THIS IS JUST A SHORT AUTHOR'S NOTE THO LOL

ANYWAYS THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE ^~^ LOVE Y'ALL <3

 

~_momoring_