Chapter 27

She's My Tutor

The next morning wasn't so great. I got up and noticed I was lying on Mina's chest. Then I remembered I was leaving. I sighed and stretched awake.

"Good morning." I heard a groggy Mina say from behind me. I looked back at her and laughed.

"Your hair!" It was sticking up all around her head. I laughed and messed it up more.

"Thanks," She mumbled.

"Well, I have to leave today."

"Yeah, I know..."

"Are you sure you don't want to give me my present yet?"

She scratched her chin and contemplated for a bit. "Alright, fine. You win. I'll give it to you."

"Really?!"

"Yep." She got up and pulled out the little box I saw last night and walked back over to me. She held it out, eyeing me uneasily.

I received it with all my grace, removing the top lid. Sitting in there was a pretty little charm bracelet. My eyes widened, slowly drawing it out. Staring at each individual charm, it articulated the beads with a tiger, penguin, coffee cup, and a pencil with paper.

"Oh, my gosh! It's so cute!" I squealed, still gazing at it. I couldn't contain my smile from widening even more when I noticed her blushing. "Thank you, Mina," I said kissing her cheek.

"M-My plan was to add a new charm on it every once in a while. Like if I just wanted to get you something."

"Aw! That's so sweet!"

"Yeah, yeah..."

"Stop being so embarrassed. I love it." I reassured, hitting her in the arm.

"Good. I hoped so."

"You know you remind me of the stuffed penguin you got me. You're like my own penguin."

"And you're like a little raccoon," She chuckled, touching my nose.

"So it works."

"No, it doesn't."

"It does in my mind." I smiled.

"I guess that's all you really need then." She reached out to kiss me, wrapping her arms around my waist tightly. Se broke the kiss momentarily. "When are you leaving?"

"I'm not sure. I think my flight leaves at twelve."

"Why did you have to leave so soon again?"

"My mom is a jerk."

"Oh, that's why." She pecked me lightly on the lips again.

"Yeah, I'm sorry."

"Whatever." She smiled. "So what are you going to get me for Christmas?"

"It's a surprise!" I snickered.

"Fine."

"What time is it, anyway?" I asked, glancing around to find the clock.

"About ten."

"Only two hours."

"I know."

"Well, are you going to help me put this bracelet on?" I asked.

"Of course." She took the bracelet and wrapped it around my wrist. Before letting me go she kiss it lightly. "There you go."

"Thank you, Miss." I giggled.

"Momo?" I heard someone call.

"Well, it looks like it's about time I got ready." I sighed and hoisted myself up.

I spent the next hour getting ready then speeding to the airport. Mina gave me one last kiss before I got on the plane. She looked really upset to even let me go. I wasn't too happy either.

Staying on the plane brings unexplainable boredom to me. It was upsetting and an awful trip back home—the last place I ever wanted to be.

When the plane landed, I was utterly surprised when I saw mom was actually waiting for me! Not only that, she's with my dad!

I had wide eyes when I walked up to them. "What are you guys doing here?!"

"Welcoming home our beautiful daughter!" My mom answered hugging me.

"Welcome home, sweetheart." My dad kissed my head.

"I don't understand. You guys never do this."

"Yes, but we decided to change some things. You're barely home, and we miss you. You deserve to be treated nicely why you're here."

"Okay then." I managed to mutter despite being weird out. "Well, let's go get my baggage?" I added, still eyeing them. I'm scared. I feel like something's going to happen anytime.

We got my stuff and got to the car.

"So how was your flight, hun?" My dad asked pleasantly.

"Fine. Nothing to report."

"How's Mina?" My mom followed up.

"She's fine too. She gave me my Christmas present early." I said showing off my new bracelet.

"Oh! It's so pretty." My mom said admiring it.

"Thanks. Now I have to get her a gift, I have absolutely no idea what to get."

"So you both are pretty serious now?" My mom asked.

"Um... yes. Why?"

"Just wondering." She responded, not making eye contact.

That was weird too. I'm even more worried now. I sat back and quietly rode the rest of the way to our house. I don't know what to expect at this point. It could be anything.


When we finally arrived back at my house, I began getting stuff out of the back. I grabbed one of my smaller bags and made my way to the door. I wasn't really expecting what I found...

When I opened the door, I screeched and dropped my stuff. "What the heck are you doing here?!" I screamed.

He smiled devilishly as I remembered so well. "Well, I just got out of juvie, and my mother and I thought it would be nice to pay some old friends a visit." He got up and picked my bag up for me. "You dropped this." He whispered, the smirk still plastered on his lips.

Tan. He's exactly like I remembered him. He used to be one of my closest friends, that is until he just tried to get into my pants after we had only been dating a month.

"Get away from me." I sneered.

"Oh, don't you want to catch up little, Momo? I mean... our last conversation didn't exactly end well."

"Yeah, it ended with me running out of the room in my underwear. Not something I like to remember."

"Hey, you're the one that brought it up." He said putting his hands up in defense.

My parents then decided to enter the goddamn scene. "Oh! So I see you saw our surprise." My mom said.

I looked at her dumbfounded. "You act as if this is a joyous surprise!"

"I thought it was." She said shrugging. I couldn't believe she thought that. I had told her what happened. Oh, but she just waved me off saying I was overreacting when I had come to her in tears.

"I don't even want to look at any of you," I mumbled quietly, grabbing my bag and stomping upstairs.

"Momo! You just got home! Why are you being like this?!" My mom called after me.

I just ignored her and slammed my door. I fished my phone out, dialing Sana's phone number.

"Momo!"

"Hey..."

"How are you?"

"Not well."

"Already? What happened?"

I sighed and laid on my bed. "Guess who's back?"

"Tan! Oh, my gosh! I meant to warn you, but I totally spaced out, and when I called the first time you were on the plane so you didn't pick up. I'm so sorry! How did you already see him?"

"He's at my house right now."

"Seriously? I have to deal with him every day at school now. I can't stand it!"

"I'm sorry."

"I feel more sorry for you. I mean he's now not going to leave you alone. He knows how much you hate him and he knows almost everything about you. He'll get you."

"Yeah."

"He's been pushing my buttons lately. It's weird though, he's so annoying, but charming, and that's why he's even more annoying."

"I know!"

"I'm so sorry, Momo. You know what?! I'll be over in a couple of minutes. We'll have a girl's night."

"That'd be so great!"

"Okay, it's settled. I'll see you in a few."

"Thanks so much, Sana. You're the best!"

"That's why we're called best friends!"

I laughed. "Bye."

"See ya."

I smiled and set my phone down. Thank God I have a bestfriend like her. I'm one tick away from losing my sanity.

When I heard a knock at my door, I lazily stood up to open it. This better not be that imbecile.

Lo-and-behold! It was that ing wearing his smug face on. How I'd love to wipe that off using the kitchen sponge.

"Let's ta—"

"Go away!" I slammed the door in his face, not bothering to care if it was rude.

"Oh, Momo, stop being so mean. We haven't talked in a while. We used to be such good friends after all."

"Whatever, jerk."

"The thing is, for some odd reason, you have it in your mind that I'm a jerk. I'm sorry that I'm a guy. We could have talked."

"No! Because you used that stupid excuse of, 'if you love me you will.' That's a huge no-go for me."

"You jump to conclusions too fast missy." He responded, turning the knob once again before lying down on my bed. Remind me to ask the maids to change my bedsheet later.

I used this as a chance to glare daggers at him. He's not changed much. His black medium-length hair and bright green eyes made him extremely attractive in the eyes of ladies on our campus. Worse, he knows it.

"Get out, Tan."

"Chill out, Momo."

"Why are you here?"

"I don't know. My mom wanted to say hi to you guys and whatnot since I just got out of juvie."

"That's great, just wonderful. Now get out of my life."

"Come on! Stop being such a little brat!" He laughed. "Listen, I just wanted to apologize."

"Why?"

"Because I felt bad about how we left things. I mean, I was a total jerk and I never should have said or done what I did." He said putting his hand on my shoulder. "And I was wondering if we could you know, be friends again. I really liked it when we hung out and it was just us. We were a good comedy duo." He said smiling, and I got that warmth that a wonderful memory brings.

I did miss our friendship a little. It used to be so nice. We both aren't very smart so people would make fun of us, but we were always together and had each other's backs.

I felt him reach up and caress my face gently. I grabbed his hand, removing it from my face. "Don't. I have a girlfriend."

"Really?"

"Yes." I smiled up at him. "But, I would like to be friends again. That sounds nice."

He smiled back. "Then I have a flicker of a chance again with you."

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing." He said, his smirk resuming its usual place on his face.

"Momo! I'm here!" Sana shrieked, bursting into the room. She stopped short of seeing us so close. "I'm sorry... but what the hell?" She said pointing.

I shoved his chest away from me. "Nothing, don't worry."

"Okay, whatever you say." She said eyeing us both.

"Don't even start, Sana. You know I love Mina." I placed my hands on my hips.

"Yes, I know." She smiled and gave me a big hug. "I've missed you so much! I've got a lot to tell you too!"

She sat us both down on the bed. She was about to start her long story about something unimportant, but stopped and glared at Tan.

"What?" He asked.

"Go away!" She hushed him away like she was already making it obvious before.

"Fine! Sorry!"

When he finally left, she turned to me. "Okay, I have some... interesting news."

"Do tell." I restrained myself from rolling my eyes.

She sighed. "Tzuyu and I broke up."