Chapter 3

She's My Tutor

 

After school I went back to my room and changed into basketball shorts and a tank top. I still have to go visit my tutor, I think her name is Myoui Mina. I threw my hair up in a pony tail and grabbed my bag and books.

 

I went to the spot the dean told me to meet Mina. He said in front of the library.

I walked up and I only saw one person there and to my utter horror it is the ignorant prick.

 

When I got close I just stood there. I figured Mina was late. The ignorant prick finally turned around.

 

"Oh you have to be joking." She said looking at me.

"What?" I snapped.

"I have to tutor you?!"

"Wait, you're Myoui Mina?!"

"Yeah."

"This is like some sick nightmare."

"I know, but there's no waking up so let's get this over with."

She opened the door for me. "After you miss drag queen."

I glared and went in. We found a far table and I set my stuff down on it. She pulled out her laptop and papers then sat down. I just sat down and waited for her to tell me what to do.

 

"Can I just ask something really fast?" I asked.

"No."

"Well, I'm going to anyways. Are you seriously the smartest girl in school?"

"Yep."

"What classes are you taking?"

"AP physics. AP Calculus. AP History. AP English. You know the whole nine yards."

"Then you have TA-ing for Mrs. Choi."

"Yep."

"That's a lot for a person to handle."

"I'm not a normal person."

"I see. Why are you so condescending?"

"Okay, let's stop the twenty questions and start with Biology since I'm actually in that class with you and I know for a fact you can't do anything. So get your homework from today out."

 

I did. It was a little wrinkled because I didn't have time to put it in my folder. 

 

"I'm not going to comment on the shape your homework is right now, but maybe one reason you aren't doing so well in school is because you're unorganized."

"I just didn't have time to put it in a folder okay."

"Fine whatever. Let me see it."

I handed it to her. She looked it over and set it on the table. And then we began.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

I was actually understanding my homework. The way Mina explained it just made everything make sense. It's incredible. I now know the difference between a lysosome, and a ribosome.

 

"I get it." I finally said.

 

Mina actually smiled for a split second (more like smirked actually). 

 

"See, it's not actually that hard. It's mostly remembering everything and keeping things in an animal cell and plant cell separated. Okay, now let's move on to Algebra."

 

I handed her my homework for that night and we were off once again. This time it was a little harder to understand. She had to explain everything a couple times, but after a while I finally did get it (sort of) and I did a couple problems on my own. Maybe I should've gotten a tutor a long time ago. That might have been what I needed to stay focused.

 

After a while we finally sort of put Algebra to the side and started on English. English took no time at all to help me with. I completely understood that. She did sort of have to help me make a Haiku for class, but we got that done too.

 

Then came history. I showed her my homework and she immediately knew the story and what happened, so she had to retell it for me and she made me take notes. It was actually an interesting story when she told it, because she was so animated. When my teacher told it I fell asleep.

 

I listened and took noted. Once she finished she asked. "Can you remember all that?"

 

"I think so."

"Okay good, well that's it for today. Tomorrow we'll work on Algebra first since you at that the most." She said poking fun.

"Shut it Mina. Now that it's explained in more depth, I get everything."

"That's good. That might be why your uncle wanted me to tutor you. I am the best tutor."

"I may hate you very much, but I have to agree with that."

"Oh my gosh! I got a compliment! This is not good, I need to say something rude right now." She said smiling.

I laughed.

"So I have a question."

"And that is?"

"You talked about how Jeongyeon has a type and I don't exactly fit the picture. What is her type?"

 

Mina frowned at that. I don't think she likes talking about Jeongyeon. 

 

"She likes...just a simple, pretty girl. You're very outlandish and crazy. She also likes them to be smart, which you aren't either."

"Is that your type too?" I asked randomly.

"My type? I don't really have a type. If I like a girl, I like a girl despite who or what she looks like."

"Oh yes, because that's the 'smart thing' to do."

She smirked. "Yeah, it is."

"So you're saying I need to be smart. Not so sassy, dye my hair back, and wear my uniform correctly?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Hm...well, I can do everything but dye my hair."

"Oh and the makeup."

"Fine, less makeup, but I have a problem."

"What's that?"

"I can't tie a tie."

 

She started laughing and stopped walking. "Okay, tomorrow wear your uniform to tutoring. I guess I can teach you how."

"Alright, but my attempt today was pathetic."

"Yeah, I know. I saw."

"Shut up." I punched her in the arm and she kept laughing as we parted ways.

 

I walked into my room and shut my door lightly. I went and took a shower and changed into pajamas.

I sat on my bed and flipped the TV on. Today was an interesting day. I kind of hope tomorrow is better though.

I went to sleep just thinking of all the new things I learned today.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

I had a dream about dancing animal cells that had to figure out these complicated equations and make a haiku to get to the treasure behind the door. What was the treasure you ask? Well, I jumped in fright in the morning because behind the door was Mina. Freaked me the hell out.

 

I got up and began getting ready. I changed into my uniform and made a sad attempt at my tie and then straightened out my hair completely. I decided instead of making it crazy I just put it up in a normal pony tail. It was still weird because my hair was so many different colors, but it looks slightly more normal than from yesterday.

I noticed how the other girls were wearing their skirts yesterday so I did it like that too, along with buttoning up everything on my shirt and jacket. Next was makeup. I put on enough to make me look pretty, but I didn't overdo it like usual.

I looked in the mirror. I actually wasn't half bad. I looked somewhat presentable. All that's left are the shoes.

My mom packed black ballet flats because she's determined to make me a cute little girl. Well, today they came in handy. I slipped them on and took one last look. I looked pretty, not insane. I don't like it, but if Jeongyeon does then I'm okay with it.

 

I grabbed my bag and walked out to my first class that was biology. I'm going to get Mina to tie my tie in there because I know she can and I need help before I got on with a crazy tie.

I walked in on time today and took my seat. I saw Mina over in the corner looking as bored as usual. Class still hadn't quite started yet so I walked over to her. 

 

"Hey, I need your help."

She looked up boredly, but then her eyes got wide when she saw me. "Whoa. You do clean up well."

"Yes, thank you. Now can you please just do my tie?"

"Fine. Sit down."

I did and she undid my tie and re tied it. Her hands were so fast and light. She's been doing this a while obviously. Once she was done I looked at it. It was perfect.

I smirked up at her. "By the way, was that a compliment from you earlier?" I asked slyly.

"Yeah, but don't get used to it. I'm an arrogant prick remember?"

"Oh yes, that's right."

 

I said chuckling and getting up. I went and sat back in my seat and listened to the teacher. I actually tried to take notes today since I somewhat understood it. Except it was to no avail. Everything went right over my head. Oh well, Mina will explain it tonight.

 

I was walking out of class once the bell rang and someone ran into me. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed.

I looked up and it was Jeongyeon. I laughed. "We always seem to run into each other."

She looked at me and smiled. "Yeah, that's truly unfortunate. I don't want to have to knock you over every time I want to talk to you."

"You want to talk to me?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure. You seem like an interesting enough person."

"Well, thanks I guess."

She chuckled. "Hey, how about you sit with my friends and I at lunch?"

"Yeah, definitely."

"Alright cool. Well, I'm going to be late. I'll see you then, and I'm truly sorry about running into you again." She said chuckling.

I smiled and waved as she left. This is going better than I thought. I smiled to myself. I get to sit with her during lunch!

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

After my two other classes I went into the cafeteria and got my food, I was looking around when someone tapped my shoulder. 

 

"Are you just going to stand there like an idiot or sit down?"

I turned around to face Mina. "I'm just looking for Jeongyeon. She asked me to sit with her today."

"Oh, I see. Well, I'm glad my advice to you worked." She said darkly walking away. What's up her ?

 

I walked around and finally spotted Jeongyeon. I walked up and she noticed me and smiled. She scooted over to make room for me and I sat down between her and another girl. There were a couple girls looking at me funny too.

 

"Hey, um...my name is Momo." I said.

"Hey." They all said.

"Is your hair naturally like that?" A brunette girl asked.

"Um...no. I dyed it."

"Oh, why?"

"Because I felt like it. I'm considering dying it back though." I said. No I'm not, but they don't know that.

"Oh, what's your original hair color?"

"Blonde."

"I like blonde." Jeongyeon said smiling. I blushed and smiled a little.

"I'm blonde Jeongyeon." A girl said.

"Yes, I can see that." She said smiling, but with a slightly annoyed look.

"So, Momo how do like the school so far?" Another girl asked. She had really like brown hair. "By the ways I'm Yeri."

"Oh, nice to meet you. Um...I like it. It's definitely not what I'm used to, but it's interesting."

"Oh, so you're from a public school?"

"Yeah. So it's quite a bit different."

"Do you have a boyfriend or you know a girlfriend back home?" One of the girls asked.

Jeongyeon actually looked interested in my answer. "No, I don't. I'm single." I shrugged.

"That's cool. Did you have anyone in mind?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Well, there was this one girl named Tzuyu, but I really didn't know her all too well and my friend Sana likes her too, so she gets her I guess." I smiled.

"Has anyone here caught your interest?" Yeri asked.

"Um..." I paused and blushed. "I don't know, maybe."

"Oh! Who?" She asked smiling.

"I don't want to say."

She laughed. "That's fine. But, I might already know." She said winking.

I looked over at the table Mina was at. She was eating and on her computer again. 

 

"What are you looking at?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Oh, just her. She looks so lonely."

"Mina? She's fine. That's self induced loneliness."

"Minq is such a creep. And she's a real jerk!" One girl exclaimed.

"Yeah, I know!" I put in. "I ran into her yesterday and she just called me a mix between a drag queen and a clown."

Lots of them gasped. "That's so mean! You do not look like that! You're so pretty!" One girl with blonde hair said.

"Thanks."

"I'm Seulgi by the way."

"Nice to meet you."

 

I talked with them for a little while longer, until the bell rang ending lunch. They said lots of things about Mina. I already knew she hated Jeongyeon, but then that she used to be a complete druggy and deadbeat, but then something snapped her into shape and she became the smartest girl in the school.

 

Jeongyeon said that she has always been naturally smart, but just never really tried until a year ago. I asked her if she knew what happened and why they stopped being friends, but she didn't give me an answer.

 

After school I went to my room and kept on my uniform like Mina asked. I grabbed my stuff and ran down to the library. I was already running a little late and I knew Mina wouldn't be happy about that.

 

I finally made it and she was already inside already ready to go.

 

"Sorry I'm late." I said sitting down.

"Whatever, let's just get started." She snapped.

I was a little shocked by that. I sat down and got my stuff out. Something was off about her.

 

She explained my biology homework for me and I did it. There was a lot of tension. Something was really off.

She barely talked at all, unless it was to explain something. I don't know why that made me so upset. I actually wanted her to insult me.

 

Finally I finished all my homework and I understood most of it. She packed up quickly and was out of there. I needed to catch up to her to talk. I just shoved everything in my bag and ran out of there. I finally caught up to her and grabbed her arm. 

 

"What's wrong with you?" I snapped.

She looked confused. "What are you talking about?"

"Last night you could dish it out and take it. Tonight you're Debbie Downer. What's wrong?"

"Why the heck do you care? I don't care about you. I don't care about what you do. You don't know and don't care about me, so why bother asking. It's just stupid." She spat. "My only job is to make sure you pass. Because if you fail I'll get in trouble with the dean too, so that's all I care about regarding you. So shut up and let go of me."

I was so shocked and hurt at her outburst that I just let her go and looked down. She stomped away just leaving me out there in the dark.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N:

 

CHAPTER 3 IS OUTTTTT!! ^~^ WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER? ^~^ OH AND WHAT TEAM ARE YOU ON? JEONGYEON OR MINA >.< 

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!! LOVE Y'ALL I'LL UPDATE TOMORROW 'KAY? OR MAYBE LATER? >;)

 

~_momoring_

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N:

 

YOEEEEQKSJNEKW OKAY SO CHAPTER 3 IS OUT! THANKS EVERYONEEEEE~ SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER? ^~^ 

 

MAY I ASK SOMETHING? XD WHAT TEAM ARE YOU ON? JEONGYEON OR MINA? ^~^ ^O^