Chapter 6

She's My Tutor

 

I did go back the next morning. She was still sleeping peacefully so I don't have to worry about her being frightened about being alone in the hospital.

Last night I tossed and turned with the thought of having a crush on Momo. At first it seemed awful and I really wanted to just slap myself, but the more I thought about it, I realized it may not be that bad. I mean I actually look forward to our tutoring time so I guess maybe I've liked her for a while without thinking about it. I don't know.

Finally she was waking up.

"Good morning." I said smiling.

"Morning sunshine. The earth says hello." She smiled.

I rolled my eyes. "Nice to see you're feeling better. The doctor said you can come back today, but you have to rest for a while, and no leaving your room."

"What a drag." She said pouting.

"Come on. The dean already signed all the papers for you to leave. It's my job to get you home safely."

"Lucky you."

"Yeah, this is just what I signed on to do when I started tutoring you." I said sarcastically.

She just chuckled. "Oh relax. It's not a big deal."

"I'm missing class."

"But you're like super smart."

"That is true."

 

She got out of bed and went and changed back into her clothes. She came out and she did look a bit better, but still sick.

"How are you feeling?"

"Well, seeing as how I just threw up. Not too great."

"Well, let's get you out of here."

 

We walked out and she flagged down a taxi.
We got back to the school and she walked me to my room.

"Well, here you go. I've got to go get a letter from the dean and what not." I started to leave.

"Wait, Mina."

I turned around to face her. "What?"

"Would it be too much to ask you to stay for a while?"

"Yes."

She looked down kind of hurt, and then the side of me that has a crush on her sighed.

"But, I suppose it won't hurt any if I do. Just for a little while though."

She looked up and smiled. Then she just grabbed my hand and dragged me into her room.

"Okay what do you want to do?" She asked.

"I don't know, just put in a movie and let's see where it goes from there." I said.

"Okay! I went and bought some movies a while back so
let's pop one in!"

 

She went up and began messing with the DVD player. She stuck a movie in then stood up. She didn't look good. "I'll be right back." She said running into the bathroom.

I winced when I heard her throw up. Gross. She came back out after a couple minutes. "Sorry."

"Feeling better?"

"A little. Now let's watch this thing!"

 

She went over to her bed and plopped down. She patted the bed next to her and I went and sat next to her. We were watching a movie called The Illusionist. It's a mystery thriller. I have to say through the whole movie it had me guessing until the very end and I'm the smart one here. She sat there into the movie, whispering to herself.

"I don't get it. I just can't figure it out. Who's the bad guy in this?"

I chuckled to myself.

 

Finally it ended and she gasped. "No freaking way!!!" (A/N: it's a real movie. I'm not saying any details because It's ridiculously amazing and you have to watch it until the end.)

I have to say it even shocked me. "That was actually a good movie. I hated it, until the very end."

"Yeah, well, I'm going to put another one on."

She crawled to the end out the bed and onto the floor and switched the movie.

"Okay, there we go." She said climbing back up again.

 

The movie started. It was Beauty and The Beast.

"Oh you have got to be kidding me!" I said.

"I love this movie. I'm the sick one. Sit down and enjoy it." She mumbled.

 

I crossed my arms and watched it with her. About halfway through she ran back into the bathroom. I sighed and looked around. I noticed a deck of playing cards on her night stand. I grabbed them and began messing with them. Just shuffling. She walked out a couple minutes later and noticed the cards.

"Hey, you want to play something?"

"Sure."

"War it is!"

"I don't want to play War!"

"Fine, how about speed?"

"Fine."

I set up the cards and we played speed. I won. Naturally. "You cheated!"

"No I didn't! How can you cheat in speed?!"

"You had seven cards in your hand instead of six!"

"No I didn't! And I say you had nine in your hand at one time."

She pouted. I sighed. "Fine, want to play war now?"

"Alright!" She brightened up again. Why must it be this girl that I like so much?

 

We played war for two hours straight! Two freaking hours! In that time Beauty and The Beast ended and we started another movie. I didn't pay attention to what it was though.

"I win!" She exclaimed once she took my four with her last five.

"It was the battle of ages, but in the end, the stupid prevailed."

"Hey! You're such a jerk!" She pushed me, which resulted in me falling backwards off the bed. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to push you off!" She said holding back laughter.

I got up and rubbed the back of my head. "That kind of hurt."

"I'm sorry. Please don't be angry and leave."

"Why do you want me to stay so bad anyways?"

"I don't know. I like having someone to talk to."

"Well, I'm glad I can fill that void in your life, even though I'm the bane of your existence."

"Bane of my existence? What does that mean?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'll dumb it down. It means you don't like me."

"Oh!" She laughed. "I don't not like you! I wouldn't keep you alive this long if I didn't like you!"

 

That shocked me. She doesn't hate me? I don't know why that made me so happy. "Oh, you think you can take me?" I asked.

"I could anytime, anywhere!"

"Okay how about now?" I smirked.

"That's not fair. I'm sick!"

She smiled. "You said, anytime, anywhere!"

"Yeah, but...but! You know what I mean!"

"Fine, fine. I understand. You just know you can't take me because I'm a big strong girl."

She laughed so hard she snorted, which in turn made me laugh. "You a big strong girl my !" She said through her laughter.

"And you call me mean!"

"I'll give it to you that you're big, because you're like six five, but strong? A person could floss with you, you're so skinny."

"Hey! That's not true. I'll have you know I have an abs."

"Pfft! Let's see it then!"

I un-tucked my shirt and lifted it. I do have an abs thank you very much.

"Wow, I'm impressed. You totally do have an abs." She poked me in the stomach and I pulled back.

"That tickles."

"You're ticklish?"

"Believe it or not, yes."

She laughed. "That's funny."

"Shut up shortie."

She feigned hurt. "You're mean."

"I think we've established this a long time ago."

"So true. Why are you so mean anyways?"

"I don't know. I'm condescending too."

"Yeah, I noticed."

"You actually know the meaning of that?!"

"See there it is! Just keep talking." She said smiling and lying back against her pillows.

"Maybe it's because a lot of people are jerks."

"Like Jeongyeon."

"Exactly like Jeongyeon."

"Listen, you told me about how she took your girlfriend, but to tell you the truth if she cheated on you she wasn't such a great girl after all. I mean a good girlfriend would be happy with her boyfriend or girlfriend and even if she's not she wouldn't cheat. That's just silly. Break up with your boyfriend or girlfriend at least and save her some of the pain."

"You know, you're so right Momo." That actually made me feel better with her of all people saying that.

"So, tell me more about you as a person Mina. What's the big mystery? I heard someone say that you used to be a really bad girl. Drugs, and whatnot."

I sighed. "Well..."

 

 

 

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 


Momo's POV


"Well...what made me sort of change my act was Nayeon."

"Nayeon?" I asked.

"She was my girlfriend."

"Oh."

"Well, I really loved her. She was beautiful, smart, funny, sweet, and everything a person could ask for." I felt slightly down when she said that.

 

I'm not really like that, and I have a confession, when I found out Mina went with me to the hospital I really was touched. I think I kind of like her. She continued.

 

"Well, she definitely had standards that I just did not fit in. So I strived to be the girl that she wanted. Eventually we began dating, my grades even improved. My mom was so happy about that the most and that I was clean and being an all around good girl. It was definitely the high point in my life. Well, all good things must come to an end. I stayed late one day and on my way to my dorm I heard something in the storage closet and it's the typical cliché, I found my best friend hooking up with my girlfriend deal. My life came crashing down around me. I considered going back to my old ways, but my mom was so happy and I loved her so much." She said loved.

That only means one thing. Oh my gosh.

"Well, a couple days later my mom was hit by a drunk driver." I gasped.

 

She was actually having a hard time saying all this and I could see her hard outer shell slowly breaking down.

 

"She was in critical condition for three days before she finally died. I strive so hard for my grades because I know that's what'd she want. She wouldn't want me to fall back into my old habits. I did consider suicide, but that seemed a little too harsh for me."
I placed my hand on hers.

"I'm glad you reconsidered it. Or else I wouldn't have met you." That my friends, was me being brave. I'm actually afraid of Mina and her harsh personality, but this, I felt I needed to say.

"Yeah and you would have failed every one of your classes." She said partially smiling. I smiled.

But then frowned. "I'm really sorry Mina."

"It's fine. I mean, it's life. Bad things happen."

"More people should have that mind set."

"Yeah, no kidding." She looked at her watch. "Hey guess what."

"What?"

"It's tutoring time! Lucky you."

"I don't even have my homework for today though!"

"I'll go get it. I'll be back in about thirty minutes."

I crossed my arms and pouted. "Fine."

 

She laughed and left. It's really weird, she seemed so different. She's slowly opening up and I'm sure it's really hard for her. I sighed. I do have a crush on her, but it's different than normal. Normally I would have this whole elaborate plan about how I'm going to get the girl to like me, but with her, I just don't know what I'm going to do. I have no plan. I mean, I don't know how she feels about me. I know we're definitely closer than before or else she wouldn't have told me all that, but I mean...I just don't know. For once I'm at a loss when it comes to a girl I like.

 

Why do I like her anyways? She's mean. She's arrogant. She's condescending. She makes me do Algebra. She thinks she's the smartest girl in the world. Yet, I know she can be nice. She is really smart which is nice. She can be funny. I still don't understand the attraction. Wait! I have noticed she's kind of cute. She has red hair that had side bangs and almost reaches her eyes which are a pretty hazel. She's so tall. I really like tall girls. And yeah she has an abs which we established. So she is rather attractive.

 

I laid down on my bed thinking. This had been a very interesting year so far, and there's still so much more to come. I don't even know what's going to happen.

 

A couple minutes later Mina came back holding all my homework. I groaned when she threw it down in front of me and sat down next to me.

 

"Let's get started."

 


An hour later and I'm only done with English and History. Kill me now! I sighed as we began biology then my cell phone rang. I looked at the caller I.D. It was Sana.

 

"You have work to do Momo." Mina scolded.

"I just got out of the hospital and my best friend is calling me. I have to answer."

She sighed. "Fine. But don't take too long."

"I won't."


I opened my phone and the first thing I hear is, "What the heck Momo?!"

"Sana calm down. I'm fine. I just caught the flu."

"You didn't call me!"

"I was busy!"

"With what?!"

"Um..."

"Oh...a girl?"

"Yeah, my tutor Mina is helping me right now." I said nonchalantly, so she didn't suspect anything.

"Mina is in your room right now?"

"Yes."

"She's hot right?"

"Yep."

"Is she still being a jerk?"

"Yeah unfortunately."

"Oh my gosh! You like her!"

"Sana shut up!"

"Oh sorry, that's right she's in the room with you."

"Yes, thank you, you little jerk!"

She laughed. "You should kiss her."

"What?! No! I'm sick anyways."

"Oh that's right. Well, when you get better that's what I suggest."

"Shut up Sana. Anyways, how's it going with Tzuyu?"

"So well! She's the sweetest."

"I know."

"I can't wait for you to visit!"

"I know, I'm looking forward to it too."

"When are you coming again?"

"Thanksgiving break is in two weeks, so I'll be back then."

"That's a long time."

"Not really. Get over it. Oh hey I have to go. My stupid tutor is giving me the death glare because I've been on the phone for too long."

"Tell her to it!"

I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked at her.

"She says it." She just smiled and laughed.

"Well, I do have to go Sana. Love you babe, bye!"

"See you in two weeks!"

I hung up and went back to my homework.

"Okay, where were we." I said. Mina was just chuckling. "What's so funny?"

"You know, I pride myself on having good hearing. That was a really interesting conversation you had."

 

I felt my face turn three shades of red in two seconds. "What did you hear?!"

"Almost everything." She said laughing.

I got up and stomped away. I was appalled. "You jerk! You don't listen to conversations!"

"Why didn't you turn your phone volume down smart one?"

"I couldn't hear it lower than that!"

She continued laughing. "Well, nice to know you think I'm hot."

I was redder than a tomato. I ran over and pushed her off the bed again.

"Hey!" She yelled.

"Don't listen to my conversations!"

She was still laughing. "Jeez you're so violent when you're embarrassed!"

"Ugh!" I stomped around and threw my hands up. I don't know what to do. She just sat on the end of my bed and smirked.

"You're not going to say anything about it?!" I yelled.

"Oh, I'm going to. I'm just waiting until the right moment."

"I'm already embarrassed why don't you just get it over with. Go ahead and make fun of me."

 

She stood up with her hands behind her back and walked over until she was right in front of me. She was smirking.

"Go ahead. Let me have it." I crossed my arms.

Then she did something I never expected. She leaned in and kissed my cheek. My eyes were wide and my cheeks continued to stay pink.

"No, I'm not going to make fun of you....for now."

I was just staring with wide eyes. "I just don't know what to do with you." I said exasperated.

"What do you mean?"

"It's weird, usually when I like a girl everything is so easy. I have this whole plan on how to get her and everything, but you...you're different. I don't know what to do. You're just a different type of girl. I don't know how to handle you."

"Trust me when I say I feel the same way about you."

"You like me?!"

"Yeah, I did kiss you on the cheek. And for the record, I would kiss you on the lips, but you're sick."

I sat on the floor and just stared straight ahead of me.

"I'm so confused." I whispered. "I mean, you're mean to me, you are condescending, you're arrogant, but at the same time I'm so attracted to you."

"You're dumb, annoying, and won't shut up for anything, but somehow I fell for you. See, stranger things have happened."

I glared up at her. She smirked. "Alright well are we going to continue tutoring tonight or is it just too distracting with me being here."

"Shut up Mina!" I said throwing my teddy bear at her. "And let's just finish my homework and call it a night."

"Fine."

I finished my biology homework, then after a painful hour, my algebra homework too.

"Well, I should probably go and leave you to rest. You have to get better. You have a test this Friday."

"Ugh! What if I'm not better by then?"

"Well, where a mask and go to the test anyways."

"A mask?"

"Like a sanitary mask stupid."

"Hey! I now know you like me and you're still mean."

"What? Did you think I would stop because I have feelings for you and you have feelings for me?"

"Um...no actually."

"Exactly."

"I don't want you to go though." I pouted.

"Yeah, well, you need rest. That's not a request. Go to sleep."

"Fine, mom!"

She laughed. "I actually think you listen to me more than your mom."

"That's kind of true actually."

"Well, good night."

"Goodnight Mina."

She smiled and shut the door behind her while I cuddled up with my teddy.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~

 


A/N:


Omggggg hiiii~ Chapter 6 is finally out ^~^ Sorry for the late update tho... But it's finally here y'know :)

What do you say about this chapter?? MINA IS JUST SO FREAKING SWEET LIKE I CAN'T it's weird cause I'm actually fangirling and hyperventilating while writing this lol.

Anywaysssss thanks again everyoneeee and I'm not sure if I can do a double update today so yeah just wait :) See y'all on the next chapter ^~^ Love ya~


~_momoring_