The Cold and The Caring (SinB x Umji)

Kpop fanfics [Open Requests]

   I don't know, this idea just came to me randomly. And I always love the maknae line in groups 

Side note: I've decided to add Satzu to every one shot I'll write because I love Satzu so much~

------------------------------------------

SinB's POV~

   I sat in my noisy classroom of K-High,with my headphones on so I won't have to listen to these idiots.

   "Hey SinB, did you hear about the transfer student?" my seat mate named Taehyung asked.

   "Do you think I care?" I said in my usual cold voice. I felt him punch my shoulder teasingly as he knows that annoys the crap out of me.

   "How many freaking-" the door opened (which interrupted my sentence) and it showed our teacher. Mr. Wu (Kris).
   "Okay everyone, sit down because I have an announcement."

   Everyone sat on their proper seat and stayed quiet.

   "As you may have heard we have a transfer student, please come in miss Kim," a girl shyly walked in and bowed.

   "Annyeonghaseo, Kim Yewon immida," the girl has long hair that is slightly curled at the ends, her bangs covered her fore head, she's probably shorter than me, slightly chubbier than me. She also probably younger than me.

   I looked at everyone as their eyes showed disappointment at the sight in front of them. 

   I felt Taehyung elbow me slightly before saying what he needs to say.

   "She's ugly, I don't like her," I don't know why, but those words made me boil in anger. I looked back at Yewon and she looks scared, but I tried to figure out what was ugly about this cute girl in front of the class.

   I shrugged my shoulders and leaned back on my chair.

   "Miss Kim, please sit in the back next to Miss Hwang, Miss Hwang please raise your hand," I groaned in frustration before I raised my arm up high. Yeah she's cute, but I really didn't want to have her next to me, but at the same time I do.

   She looked at me for a second before she walked towards the seat next to me. When she looked at me, I could have sworn that she blushed slightly. 

   "Hi, I'm Kim Yewon, you can call me Umji," she introduced herself to me.

   "Hwang Eunbi, but call me SinB," I didn't look at her as I introduced myself, coldly.

   I guess she took the hint of "I don't want to talk to you" because when she sat down she immediately pulled out a book from her bag. I looked over slightly and noticed the book wasn't in Korean.

   "What are you reading?" I asked quietly since Mr. Wu was explaining some stuff about the school festival that's coming up soon.

   "Um.... Sword Art Online, the novel adaptation," she awkwardly answered. But the thing is, I like anime, and that anime is one of my favorites.

   "But it's not Korean," I said under my breath, but this girl must have good hearing since she answered my wonders.

   "It's in English, I learned it when I was young," I nodded my head as I was slightly impressed by this girl.

   I looked back at the front so the teacher won't notice anything.

   "By the way miss Hwang, please show her around the school after class," my eyes widen because I really didn't want to spend time with the new girl, but for some reason my heart was telling me otherwise. 

   I groaned in frustration, but I nodded anyways. I looked over to the new girl and she had a slight frown. 

   Thinking it's only nothing, I shrugged it off. I set my text book up to make a wall, and I took my phone out and I started to play MP3 beat 2.0. (Anyone else knows that game?)

------------------------------------------

   The bell rang signaling it was lunch time. I stood up and I was about to leave the room so I won't have to give the new girl a tour of the school.

   "Miss Hwang, remember what I requested?" damn it, why does it have to be me?! There's a ton of people in the class, why me?!

   "Fine," I growled at Mr. Wu before dragging the new girl out of the class room. 

   "This doesn't mean we're friends," I said coldly. I looked back at her and she nodded and smiled.

   "Where to?" wait, she isn't scared of me?! What the hell?! I sighed in frustration before walking away.

   "Just follow me and I'll show you and tell you everything you need to know about this school."

----------------------------------------------
   After giving the tour in walked away from her, going towards our next class. Which is gym. Oh how I hate gym.

   "What subject do we have now?"

   "Gym," I said as I continued walking without looking at the new girl, but I knew she was following

----------------------------------------------
   "Okay, partner up, and it has to be someone that you've never been partners before," I groaned at the fact that I can't be partners with Taehyung.

   I looked around for someone I wanted to be partners with, and a cute girl caught my eyes, it was the transferee. Umji.

   She was wear our regular gym clothes, the only difference she has with all of us is she's wearing a sweater on. 

   'It's like blazing hot today, why the hell would you want to wear a sweater on?'

   She looked shy and embarrassed for some reason. Then I saw a group of girls going towards her, and it wasn't the group of girls you'd wanted to mess with. 

   It was the maknae line—Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu—of the school popular girl group Twice.

   I quickly walked towards them. As Dahyun was about to grab her shoulder I stopped it and glared at her.

   "Don't you dare touch what's mine Dahyun," I said with a smirk. She smirked back. Five seconds later I realized what I just said and I was slightly embarrassed.

   "So you have a new one Hm? What's to like about this girl anyways?" Great, now I have to find a reason why I like her.

   "She's different from you guys," I said harshly before pulling Umji away from them.

   "Never come close to Twice, ever," I looked back at her and I saw her nod, but I saw a hint of pink on her cheeks. Which I found adorable.

   'Wait, ADORABLE?!??!?!?!?' WHAT THE HELL'S WRONG WITH YOU SINB?!?!?!?!?' I shouted in my brain.

   "Thank you, by the way..." She said quietly.

   "Don't think I'm always going to be there for you," there I go again with the cold shoulder.

   "I know," we walked to the group that we were suppose to be.

----------------------------------------------
   As the week went on both of us became closer. I've opened up to her and she did the same.

   Apparently the reason she transferred to K-High was because she was abused in her last school. She showed me some of her cuts and bruises on her arms and stomach.

   That's the reason why she keeps her school blazer on everyday. In gym class she would have a sweater on.

   For once I felt pity for someone.

   I was always known to be extraordinarily cold towards other people, but for some reason, I couldn't be cold towards this girl. It feels like I need to protect her.

   That feeling I haven felt in a long time.
   
   "SinB? SinB," I felt Umji shaking me bringing me back to reality. I didn't realized that I was daydreaming so much, well, until now really.

   "Ah, Nae?" I saw Umji sighed in disapointment, and I scratched the back of my head.

   "Can we hang out today?" I gave her a cold stare since we're still in school and I need to keep my image.

   I really didn't want I keep my image, but Umji insisted because it's what I was from the start and everyone likes me for it.

   "No," while we were getting to know each other better I told her that if I answer something I her coldly it means the opposite.

   "Okay...." I like how she could pretend she's hurt. I was about to say something else but her phone rang which irritated me.

   "Yobuseo," she answered. She nodded her head multiple times while she was on the phone. She hung up and she turned to me.

   "I need to go some where, bye," after that she ran off some where without giving me information about where she'll go.

   "You like her don't you?" I turned my head and I stiffen when I saw our Math teacher Ms. Kim staring down on me intensely. 

   Ms. Kim is actually Umji's older sister. She also let's me and Umji stay in her class at lunch since she's worried about Umji's safely.

   "Um...." Words wouldn't come out of my mouth as I tried to explain to Ms. Kim (or Sowon) about my feelings. How am I suppose to explain when I don't even know myself.

   "You do, I could tell through your eyes," do I really though?

   "You better figure it out quickly before it's too late."

   Too late?

----------------------------------------------
Umji's POV~
   My friend, Tzuyu, called me because she needs help.

   To be honest Twice isn't as bad as SinB has described to be, well, at least not Tzuyu.

   Tzuyu is a quiet, shy, and smart. She's probably the most wises one in Twice, she can get out of any trouble using logic and strategy, she isn't arrogant and cocky as Dahyun.

   I ran quickly but quietly to the roof. When I got to the roof, I could see Tzuyu crying while sitting on the edge of the roof.

   "You know it's not safe right?" I quietly sat next to her as I knew she was suffering, suffering from a heart decease, and from love.

   "Why does the world have to be so cruel to me, I've done nothing but love someone," you might be wondering who she loves, it's none other than Dahyun's girlfriend.

   Mintozaki Sana.
   (P.s. I'm actually dying while writing this.)

   Tzuyu has been hurting and suffering for the past year she's been here, and she can't even live her life to the fullest. Thanks to her heart.

   "No one cares, my family gave up on me, my friends started to drift away—"

   "Stop saying no one cares, because I care," I felt her hug me, I hugged back and I rubbed her back in circles to calm her down.

   "Just let it out, I'm here for you."

Author's POV~
   As both of them where having their moment, they weren't aware of someone standing by the door to the roof.

   For the first time in a while, tears fell from the person's face as she ran away from the scene that she saw. As she was running she bumped into someone.

   "Have you seen Chewy?" The girl wondered for a moment before realizing who she meant.

   "On the roof alone with someone, Sana-ya" the girl cold reapplied before running again.

   "Wait! SinB!" Sana shouted as she tried to get the latter's attention, but it didn't work. 

   SinB decided to go home early since she didn't want to see Umji right this moment. She pulled her earphones and placed in her ears before cranking her music to the loudest volume possible.

   'This is what Sowon unnie meant,' SinB thought as she walked home, alone.

----------------------------------------------
SinB's POV~
   I've been ignoring Umji for a few days now, since I've seen her happy with Tzuyu. Why is she with her? Didn't I tell her not to get close to them?

   I wondered around the hallway not bothering going to class. While I was walking I could hear sobbing. I walked closer to the sound. I peeked around the corner and I saw Umji comforting Tzuyu.

   "Are you sure about your decision?" I heard Umji ask.

   "It's the only way, so I won't get hurt anymore," Tzuyu said through her sobs.

   "Well I hope that you feel better in Taiwan," Tzuyu's going back to Taiwan? Why thought.

   "Thank you for taking care of me, I need to go so I won't miss my flight," Umji was taking care of Tzuyu?

   "No problem, and remember to text me and tell me how you're doing."

   "Dae unnie~" after a few seconds of silence I heard footsteps fading away in the distance.
  
   "I know you're there SinB unnie," I stiffened a bit since I've never heard her this serious before.

   "This is what you've been doing the past few days?" she nodded slowly.

   "Why?" I really wanted to know what led her to be friends with Tzuyu or anyone from Twice.

   "Promise me something first," I nodded and she sighed.

   "Don't tell Sana unnie," I nodded again as I prepared myself for some reason.

   "Tzuyu has a rare heart decease, she will die soon, the reason she's going back to Taiwan is so Sana unnie won't know if she died, Sana would be hurt, the fact that Tzuyu left without telling her, but that's much better than knowing your best friend died."

   It was so much information that she has just given me, so my brain is still processing the info.

   "So, you took care of her?" She nodded shyly.

   "My dad's a doctor, and I forgot to add that the Chou's are good friends with my family, that's why I took the responsibility of taking care of her."

   I'm always impressed by this girls dedication to help. I remember that time we were walking home and a homeless kitten was sleeping on the streets, she took it home with her and she took care of it.

   "Umji," she looked at me directly into my eyes, and I noticed how beautiful her eyes are.

   "Dae unnie?" here goes nothing.


   "I like you."

[The End / To Be Continued]
----------------------------------------------
So do you guys want a sequel to this or do you want to know the Satzu side of the story? Or do you guys want both? 

Tell me in the comments and the majority will win.

1/3 stories complete!!! Yeah!!

See you guys later~