Letting Go (Dahyun x Momo)

Kpop fanfics [Open Requests]

Side note: slight angst

----------------------------------------------
Momo's POV~

   Why must I suffer? All I did was love you, yet you didn't. So now I'm leaving, I'm going to move on. 

   As I walked towards my flight I looked back, and I only saw my best friend Jungyeon with her girlfriend Nayeon that's been there when I cried, not you though, which made me upset. 

   I turned my head back towards my correct destination, while remembering how this all started.

Flashback~

   I was walking down the hallway to the cafeteria peacefully, until I felt someone back hug me. I know who this is.

   "What are you doing Dahyun?" I asked the you. She is actually the one I love. 

   "Nothing~" I raised an eyebrow.

   "Why so happy?" even though I'm probably much more happier than you.

   "My crush, Sana confessed to me!!" My expression turned from teasy and happy to feeling a million knives stab my heart in a snap of a finger. I didn't show much pain though.

No....

   "Did you accept it?" I was hoping it wasn't the one I'm thinking about. 

But...... It is......

   "Yes, duh Sana confessed to me and I'm not letting that slide." (A/N: *dead*)

you're smiling ear to ear I was about to smile back, but I reminded myself that you aren't smiling because of me, but your crush.

   "G-ood the-en," I stuttered when in truth I'm just trying to stop my tears.

I need to get out of here.......

   "Um..... I almost forgot that I have to help my friend with some thing..... So gotta go," I sprinted away from you when you were about to reply but I didn't hear it. 

   After I sprinted, I went to the roof. The wind blows on my hair making it messy.

   "Your upset right now, aren't you?" I sighed in relief as I recognize the voice. Jungyeon.

   "Does your "Beloved" Dahyun know about your moving back to Japan?" I shook my head as she sighed.

   "You need to tell your beloved Dahyun," I know what my Jungyeon is trying to do.

   "It's because of my parents I'm moving, but it's also a perfect opportunity for me to move on," I sighed.

   "I know I still have a week left before I leave, but can I move to your dorm?" My friend nodded.

   "Fine, but you're cooking," my friend smirked.

   "Fine," I rolled my eyes as I groaned in annoyance.

   "Let's move your stuff while everyone still has at least 2 - 3 classes," I nodded, and we walked to the dorm that I share with Dahyun.

----------------------------------------------

   "Dude, eat, you haven't eaten anything since you got here yesterday, and you have a freaking fever thanks to the rain," I just pushed the plate of food that was in front of me.

   "I'm not hungry, I'm going to do my homework," I stood up and walked towards the door to my shared room, until—

   "I'll tell Dahyun that you're sick," I quickly went back to table and, stuffed and swallowed the food from my plate.

   "Don't bother my her," you're probably spending time with your Sana. 

   Oh the things I'd do to be Sana right now. Jungyeon that was sitting in front of me was about to say something, but I interrupted.

   "Dahyun has better things to do than take care of me," I went back in the shared room and locked the door. Here goes another night of tears.

----------------------------------------------

   I was in the music room practicing for a music test we're having tomorrow. Suddenly the door opened—more likely slammed it open—which concludes on me pressing the wrong key and getting really pissed. I turned around and I saw Dahyun, but I hid my feelings and just glared at her.

   "What do you want?! I'm practicing for my test tomorrow?!" I raised my voice, since I hate it when they interrupt me when I'm playing the piano.

   "Why did you leave the dorm?!" I curled my fingers into a fist as I'm more pissed than earlier.

   "It's non of you're business!!" I shouted this time indicating I'm really angry.

   "You've avoided me and left the dorm!! I think it is my business!!" That's the last straw. I shoved you to the wall and trapped you there.

   "Like I said," I stared intensely at your beautiful eyes.
   "It's non of your business," I left the room with a heart filled with regret.

   'What's done, is done,' the bell rang and I proceeded to my next class.

'It's for the best.'

----------------------------------------------

   I was packing my stuff since my flight is tomorrow early in the morning. I had my headphones on, to ignore everyone. My music stopped and a familiar tune played. 

   It was the ring tone that I set specifically for you. I took my phone out of my back pocket and hesitated before answering.

   "Hello," I blankly said.

   "Um..... Hey, how's it been?" like earlier I hesitated before answering.

   "Fine," I said trying not to reveal how much I missed you.

   "I missed you," a tear rolled down my cheek, but I held in most of it.

   "I have to go." 

   "Wa-" hung up before you could answer, and continued my packing. With tears falling down my cheeks.

 Flashback end~

   I'm inside the plane that is about to fly back to Japan, my home.
 
   I looking outside, thinking if I'll ever see you again, but I know that's impossible because my parents never liked staying in one country or city. My phone rang which distracted everyone. I apologized before answering.

   "What now?!" I asked, obviously irritated.

   "Where are you? I need your help," it was you. My throat suddenly felt dry. I swallowed before answering.

   "I can't, maybe next time," there is no next time, I'm sorry.

   "Okay then, bye!" This time you hung up before I replied.

   "We are departing so please put your seatbelt on please, and places watch the flight attendant who will be demonstrate the....." everything soon became silent for me since I didn't pay attention anymore, I just stared out the window thinking about one thing.

I love you, so I'll let you go to be happy

----------------------------------------------

   I had this thought in my head after I read a very sad SaTzu fanfic. That fanfic was really sad. I'm not really the type of person that will write angst stories, but it never hurts to try right? Okay I'll be going now. 

I don't even know if this counts as angst

See you guys~