Case Closed (Part 2)

Into The Mysterious Guild
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are your gifts about?” Bom beats it to Kwon Jiyong.

 

“It’s actually inclined to the present case that you’re handling. I kind of sensed that all of you are involving me in it in courtesy of Dara’s actions so I also had the urge to clarify some things.” I tried to look passive even though I feel that he’s somewhat embarrassing me.

 

“Dara was pretty vehement earlier of proving your innocence and putting you into clear though.” I so want to kill Bom right now! His arrogant mind might get the wrong idea! Well I was definitely defending him earlier but that was out of the sense of justice without any affection.

 

“No, wait—“ I was cut by his intense stare. He’s slightly biting his lower lip seemingly to forbid himself from smiling. “You see—“

 

“I might just reward for what you did, Dara.”

 

“No, I don’t really—“

 

“You’re welcome in advance.”

 

I groaned in frustration and leaned back to my swivel chair. That probably fuelled up his arrogance, how irritating.

 

 “So in order for things to be finally sorted out, you need to trust me and give me your full cooperation.”

 

“Yeah, yeah.” I mockingly murmured but it seems like everyone heard me for they all had their heads turned at me. Kwon Jiyong clicked his tongue disapprovingly. What the—The nerve!

 

“You have our word, Jiyong.” Kiyong gave his response, representing the whole club, acting upon his role as our leader.

 

“Show me all of your evidences about this case and against the culprit.”

 

Without further ado, Bom willingly obliged for she was the one who had the remote control as of the moment and again made the CCTV footage that is in our hands be played on the projector screen. Kwon Jiyong watched intently.

 

Bom glided her chair near mine and then gave my side a slight nudge using her elbow, she brought her face near my ear and whispered. “Your hotshot looks like a hot Greek god when he’s in deep thought.”

 

I looked at her with bored eyes and whispered back, “I do admit that he looks like a hot Greek god right now, but he’s not MY hotshot.” 

 

“I heard what you said Dara but for now let’s focus on this, shall we?” I gaped at Kwon Jiyong who had his eyes still glued on the screen.

 

I turned to Bom and quietly asked if my voice was too loud for him to be able to hear it. She strongly shook her head, obviously shocked of what happened as well.

 

Kwon Jiyong lowly chuckled after the footage ended, “He didn’t even bother to fix his jacket in order to hide his uniform, that guy.”

 

“Wow,” Jinwoo exclaimed in amazement, “You immediately noticed that?” He just winked at Jinwoo in response and the latter shyly blushed. How annoying! How did he have the guts to do that to a senior?

 

“Moreover, you said ‘that guy’, you know who that culprit is?” Seunghyun asked.

 

“We’ll get to that later, so next, how were you able to have the assumption that I was the culprit? It can’t be just this video, right? And if Dara did check the entrance logs of the library during that date, it would just show that I will be incapable of executing the act of stealing, wouldn’t it?”

 

“Dara did check the entrance logs.” Bom beamingly said.

 

“Stop it!” I hissed. Even without looking at him, I can definitely sense his all-time annoying smirk. I’m going to rip off that mouth of his sometime.

 

“I asked Jinwoo to check the systems of the desktops from the library and see if the flash drive was used in one of those, luckily the missing flash drive’s activity was actually found in the system after it was stolen but the gist is it was under your I.D. number.” Mr. Cha explained.

 

“Ah…” Kwon Jiyong nodded his head knowingly, “I guess it’s time for me to bring out the first gift now.”

 

How expectant and how we are really looking forward to what he’s about to show us cannot be hidden from our faces. And although there’s no much reason to, I can feel my heart erratically beating from its cage.

 

Kwon Jiyong reached to the right pocket of his pants and showed us a flash drive and then all I could think about was the irony of this whole situation since we keep on being inclined on flash drives.

 

Mr. Cha reached for it and connected the flash drive to his laptop, automatically showing its only content which was a video file and apparently by the looks of it, it is an another CCTV footage.

 

“How did you get this?” Mr. Cha asked Kwon Jiyong

 

I was suddenly confused of Mr. Cha’s tone when he questioned Kwon Jiyong, it had a tinge of disbelief and deep curiosity making it sound like there’s something wrong hence stirring confusion for me. Bom seemed to notice my reaction for she voluntarily explained it for me.

 

“Well, you see,” she started whispering, “all files of the recorded CCTV footages are confidential and are strictly guarded by our security team, school officials may somehow easily have a copy of their requested file just like the one we have that was initially showed from the previous faculty meeting, but for a student to get a hand of it? That’s like some form of sorcery I tell you, you know how scary and tight our security team is, right? So, the question here now is, how on Earth did Jiyong obtained a copy of a CCTV footage?”

 

I nodded as I understand everything now and then turned to Kwon Jiyong and waited for his answer.

 

“I used my charm to the personnel in charge and said please?” It made my eyes roll instantly while Mr. Cha didn’t push his question forward anymore. Maybe he has already realized that he’ll never r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter