Case Closed (Part 1)

Into The Mysterious Guild
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five pairs of eyes continue to stare at me. I have asked Mr. Cha to contact the rest of the members for another abrupt meeting. I do feel that this issue must be resolved immediately as possible, and since we still have an hour from the three-hour grace period, there’s no other perfect time.

 

“So you’re saying that our initial suspect for this case is not the one we’re supposed to attack?”

 

I nod to answer Kiyong’s question, “That is what I currently believe.”

 

“We can’t let honeybunch be put on such tight spot for long, can we?” Bom said obviously with the intent of teasing me but I chose to ignore her remark.

 

The CCTV footage of the case played once again on the projector screen which was just behind Mr. Cha.

 

“I actually had a talk with Kwon Jiyong earlier and I have noticed that he has few small calluses in the fingers of his right hand seemingly because of writing.”

 

“Noticed? Or are you plainly checking him out? His hands though are so y, aren’t they?”

 

I AGAIN ignored Bom, “But as you can observe in the video, our person of subject really uses his left hand a lot, especially when he opened Mr. Do’s drawer, stole the flash drive and when he held the door handle of the faculty room to leave, it’s just hinting us that he’s left-handed. But then, our presumed suspect, Kwon Jiyong, is right-handed. I’ve got a verbal confirmation of that as well.”

 

“Point well made, Sandara. But you see, we cannot fully rely on that basis if that is what you’re insisting.” Mr. Cha said.

 

“I do know that sir and so I have asked Jinwoo to do me a favor. Jinwoo?” I called him.

 

“Ah, yeah, I already have it.” Jinwoo then stood up from his desk and distributed a paper to each of us. “There you go!” He cheerily exclaimed and returned to his space. I do sometimes tend to forget who’s older between him and me.

 

“This is so cool of you. Thank you, Jinwoo.” I said in a grateful tone.

 

“Not a hassle at all!”

 

“The entrance logs of the library from September 19?” Seunghyun asked as he scans the paper that Jinwoo gave.

 

“Isn’t that the date when this case happened?” a follow-up question from Kiyong.

 

“Yep! Dara asked me to access the database from the library to get those.” Jinwoo answered.  “Now, please look at the highlighted part there.”

 

“Student number **-****-***, Kwon Jiyong: In – 11:52 a.m.; Out – 1:06 p.m.” Bom read, “So what exactly are we getting from this?”

 

“Indicated on the lower-left side of the CCTV footage are the details of when the scene happened.” I said, “Reviewing the video, by 12:10 p.m. the faculty room was already deserted, approximately 3 minutes later the culprit arrived and it only took him almost 5 minutes to execute his plan of stealing Mr. Do’s flash drive. Now, the entrance logs from September 19 are attesting that it’d be impossible for Kwon Jiyong to steal Mr. Do’s flash drive if he is indeed the one that is guilty for this case.”

 

The other members together with Mr. Cha all went silent for some minutes, surely assessing what I have said to them.

 

“Dara’s right, it’s pretty impossible for a human to be present in two places at the same time, that is unless he’s actually a y supernatural being, you know? Should we investigate on that too?” I shook my head in disbelief at Bom.

 

“But how about the fact that his I.D. number was the one that was registered on the system of the desktop where the flash drive was being in use after it has been stolen? And so this is still not sufficient to prove his innocence. It’s possible that this case doesn’t involve only one man. Kwon Jiyong might have an accomplice or he probably threatened someone to execute the act of stealing.” Kiyong presumed.

 

‘I doubt that.’ Is what I want to say but what good would that cause?

 

Ugh, I really hate myself right now! Just how desperate am I to prove that Kwon Jiyong is innocent? Although I would actually be the one who will receive most of the benefits of this case if he is indeed proven guilty, so why am I siding to him?

 

“That’s true,” I mumbled, “I was being rash about this. I only troubled you all, didn’t I?”

 

“Oh no!” Bom protested, “We were able to comprehend that the identity of the culprit of the flash drive is not actually Kwon Jiyong and that’s really helpful because it has given us a hint that this case may not involve only one suspect.” Bom inconspicuously threw a hateful glare towards his brother which did not go unnoticed by my eyes.

 

Jinwoo followed. “And I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter