The Search For The Red Dragonfly

Into The Mysterious Guild
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Have you and Jiyong fought again?” curious Bom asks.

 

“Was there even a time when we did not?”

 

“Good point. Seriously though, I feel like it’s something really serious this time. What did you do huh?”

 

Dara turns her head to Kwon Jiyong who is apparently glaring at her. Why? She doesn’t have a single clue. Just a moment ago they were having what it seems like a decent conversation, he even let her use his coat to cover her thighs, and they ran together until they got to the headquarters of the guild. What is supposed to be the reason of the sudden shift of his mood now?

 

“Nevermind Jiyong. How are you? Are you okay? You know with the picture and stuff.” Dara questioned Bom.

 

“Aw, you’re such a ball of sweetness worrying for your bestfriend!” Bom cooed making Dara look at her disbelievingly. How can she be so calm at this point of time with this going on? “I’m handling it just fine, you know because I’m Bom.” She said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, “I am barely recognizable in that photo anyway, well unless you take a real good look at it but Seunghyun is the problem, he’s taking this pretty bad.”

 

Bom tips her chin, nudging Dara to look at Seunghyun who is currently staring into thin air, seemingly soul-less when all of a sudden he snaps the pencil he is holding into two. Jinwoo’s eye did not fail to catch what Seunghyun had done, frightened about what the lad could unconsciously do next.

 

Seunghyun wakes up from his trance after hearing the pencil break. He stares at it for some moment and then reaches out for a sharpener, he sharpens the pencil up to the point where its lead’s sharpness could kill. The members gape at him in horror, deciding quietly on what they should do but one thing they are sure of is that they must never ever make any reason to have him angry towards them.

 

“Ohhh-kay, nice pencil you got there Seunghyun, now if you don’t mind let me have that.” Kiyong quickly steals Seunghyun’s pencil out of his hand and throws it away inconspicuously.

 

“This issue that we have on hand shall be put into stop as soon as possible.” Dara started on bringing it up, commenting towards the photos sent to every student of their school. Ever since she joined this mysterious guild, she has been more enlightened of how much in a wreck their school is in. Supposing the reaction of the older members in terms of the amount of cases they are being in concern with, these instances are merely considered common. Their nonchalance explains it all. Although now they are dealing with a erted-stalker-whatever it may be classified as, this is not something they can be nonchalant about most especially because this concerns the safety of the female population in their school, not shunning as well the fact that one of their members had already been victimized.

 

“I’m gonna kill that as*hole once we find him.” Seunghyun muttered.

 

“Calm down, Seunghyun.” Bom coaxes, sending an effect which makes Seunghyun to sulkily lean back against his chair.

 

“Reddragonfly definitely has to be someone from our school,” Jinwoo said, “Our school is very strict about outsiders, if reddragonly is not then this is making me more scared.”

 

Bom follows, “Let’s just hope reddragonfly is indeed a student or either a staff in our school, it would take us a much longer time if he… Or she, which would be more creepy by the way, is not.”

 

The name makes Dara ponder deeply. Why does it seem so familiar? Somehow she is sure that she has definitely seen it or heard it before as the pseudonym bears a recognizable feeling.

 

Coincidentally, Kiyong thinks of the same thing. But in contrast to Dara, he allows himself to speak out his thoughts. “Is it only me or the name reddragonfly sounds overly familiar?”

 

Dara perks up, excited,  “Don’t you think so too? I was thinking the same thing!” Kiyong was at first taken aback but slips a smile after some time noticing how her eyes were literally shining. It made Dara flustered, realizing that she was staring directly to his orbs.

 

The room fell silent for a while as the members throw curious glances back and forth to Kiyong and Dara, whereas Bom adds up a look towards Jiyong to the routine. Any change of emotion will be taken as a sign!

 

Bom’s eyebrow meet the other, disappointed at Jiyong’s lack of reaction.

 

Now don’t you make your mommah go home feeling down! Bom internally cheers. We got a ship to sail here, kiddo. Make me proud!

 

As if Bom’s words have reached him, Jiyong clears his throat breaking the little k-drama scene of the two, “If that is the case then I think searching around the campus will somehow help Kiyong and Dara to remember the thing about the reddragonfly and while we’re at it, we can scavenge through other clues as well.”

 

Atta boy!

 

“Jiyong’s right,” Kiyong agrees, “Well then I suppose that we have to divide ourselves into two.”

 

“Woah! Wait up! So you’re saying you want us to cut our bodies in half? Some ideas you got there brother.” Bom sarcastically commented while the others cannot help but stifle a laugh at Bom’s antics. Well, making somebody go crazy is her life’s committed job.

 

“Two groups, Bom. Two groups.”

 

Bom rolled her eyes, “You should have made it clear in the first place, duh.”

 

That short interaction with her sister makes it enough for Kiyong to feel drained and heave a deep sigh, “Shall we settle who will be with who then? Seunghyun?”

 

Seunghyun swiftly answers, “I’ll go with you.”

 

“I’ll be on the second group.” Jinwoo answered and was followed by Jiyong, “I’ll be in yours, Jinwoo.” The two exchange fist-bumps afterwards.

 

“That leaves Bom and Dara then. Dara, I suppose that you’d want to be in Seunghyun and I’s group?”

 

Bom interjects, “Oh my god, Kiyong, are you cutting our right to choose? You, anti-humanist! Is that even a word? Well I just said it so I believe that it is—“

 

Dara tries to cut into their little brother-sister fiasco, “Ah, well if I get to decide then I’d want to be with Jiyong.” The others fell quiet for a while. The minute of silence irks Dara out, “What?” she asks, questioning the dubious looks the members are giving her.

 

“You just said you’d want to be in a group where Jiyong is in. What I said might still not be getting into your head but I will repeat it for you just in case. You’ll be in a group with Jiyong, Jiyong and Sandara, togetheeeeer, you get me? Are you even the Dara we know? Oh my god guys, she has been abducted by the aliens, this right here is an alien! You know earlier, she was being the worried-bestfriend type which is not so Dara at all, and now she’s volunteering to be with Jiyong.” Bom points her forefinger accusingly towards Dara, “I’ve been suspicious of you since you came here earlier. Ha! You’ve been exposed! From what planet have you come from?”

 

“From what dream are you waking up at, Bom? What’s so wrong about what I said?”

 

“Do you really want me to repeat it for you?”

 

Dara sighs, “You made me work with Jiyong for the previous case, we get along together—well not that much but it is not as bad as before that it could initiate World War III. Wasn’t that what you all wanted?”

 

Kiyong shrugs, “I did not really expect that it would work. We didn’t have any high hopes to be honest.” And the others agree. Ugh, can you believe these people? “So, Dara in Jiyong’s group?” Kiyong seeks Jiyong’s face for a confirmation.

 

“Well, if the lady insists then how could I say no?” Jiyong says.

 

Dara sends Jiyong a sharp glare which he accepts heartily, sending back his infamous smirk. He’s thinking full of himself again.

 

Kiyong stands up and the others followed suit, “Let’s us find who Reddragonfly is and end all of this fast.”

 

 

 

 

“So… You want be with Jiyong, huh?”

 

He’s already starting, Dara muttered with spite. “Shut up, Jiyong.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter