Enlighten Me

Into The Mysterious Guild
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walked through the hallway, observing the other students as they converse with their friends or just be stuck in their own bubble. All are oblivious to the current flash drive incident.

 

It dawned to me what other things the school might be keeping oppressed from us students. We are definitely being kept behind the heavy curtains and continuously fed up with lies making us consistently think that this school is something that is in the state of utopia.

 

On the other side, they could be regulating secrecy to protect the students.

 

Today, all the students are given three hours of free period. I was wondering on how I could make myself in those three hours productive.

 

I headed to the faculty room and asked for Mr. Cha. I requested to have a copy of the CCTV footage when Mr. Do’s flash drive was stolen. When I have achieved my agenda for coming there, I headed to the library and occupied a seat from the rows and columns of tables.

 

I fired my laptop to life. I firstly made some final touch ups to my school works before finally re-watching the CCTV footage from the flash drive that Mr. Cha had given me.

 

‘One cannot perform a perfect stunt, huh?’ I said to myself as I once again take notice of his uniform, ‘You should have been really careful, Kwon Jiyong.’

 

As if on cue, I saw Kwon Jiyong entering the library, proceeding to the racks of books, his right hand reaching to one and leisurely sliding it out. I continue to follow my gaze at him, taking note of the biggest and smallest scale of his body language.

 

The scene from the CCTV footage replayed to my mind and I can’t help but let my blood boil as I put it into consideration that Kwon Jiyong is the real culprit.

 

Kwon Jiyong then occupied a seat on the far end corner, next to a vast window. He glanced outside, his serene expression did not escape my eyes. It was so far-fetched from his usual annoying looks. So he’s capable of having that kind of face, huh?

 

He opened the book and gratified himself into reading. ‘Show off.’ I muttered to myself. ‘That doesn’t really make you cool, you cheating jerk.’

 

I leaned my back to my chair after I close the lid of my laptop and crossed my arms to my chest as I keep my eye on him.

 

Ugh! I’d really want to pull his hair in every possible direction and let him become bald!

 

I collectively gathered my things in my arms and strode towards his direction, roughly sat across him once I have reached his location and placed my possessions on the table. I might as well make use of the time to conduct my investigation.

 

I again crossed my arms and directed my gaze on the window. I was afraid that I’ll start choking him to death the moment I’ll look into his eyes.

 

“Just a while ago I can feel your stare as if you’re going to eat me but now you can’t even look directly in my face.” My heart skipped a beat. He knew? “What’s up, Dara? Why are you here? Are you hitting on me? I thought you told me you’re not into romance?”

 

I snapped my head at him, not being able to contain it anymore, “I’m not hitting on you, jerk. You talk too much.” And then it suddenly hit me like a wave once my eyes had contact with his, “Why did you do it?” I whispered.

 

“What? I did not catch what you said.” He leaned closer to me but I pushed his head back.

 

I realized that I cannot fully accept the fact that Kwon is the suspect for the flash drive incident, I already accepted him as my contender. I have never been challenged by anybody but I know that his presence and dare would eventually be able to bring out the best in me.

 

He had the decency to challenge me, but then he acquired the top position through unfair means. The nerve.

 

“You’re unhappy.” He said.

 

“Huh?”

 

“I have seen that face already,” I stared at him in confusion. I am absolute that I’m keeping a neutral expression just then. I am hindering myself to slip anything in connection with the personal investigation. He continued, “You had that face when you saw the list of honors. You’re probably unconscious of it but,” he reached to me and placed a finger between the space of my eyebrows, “you keep on having cute folds here from time to time. You especially do it when something against your will happened.”

 

Well, I was not aware of that.

 

I was again drowned into the dark brown orbs of his eyes. ‘Why did it have to be you?’ I silently asked him.

 

He then flicked my forehead and I swatted his hand afterwards, “Stop touching me.”

 

“I did not really want to.” He wiped the finger that was in touch of my skin to the table as if to get rid of some dirt he accumulated. He’s so mean!

 

We were silent for a while. He was again into the book he was reading a while ago as I am contemplating on how I should start questioning him.

 

I cleared my throat, “Did you happen to go somewhere just before the week of our last exams?”

 

He dropped the book and threw me a suspicious stare, “Why? What is that for?”

 

“Look, I just want to ask some things about you. You know, to get to know you better,” I’d really want to vomit right now. “I do not have any ill intentions, I swear.”

 

“I do not believe you, Park.”

 

“Come on! You can ask me questions as well if you want.”

 

He seemed to be in thought and is thinking about considering about what I have as exchange. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter