Take me home!

Into The Mysterious Guild
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong and Jinwoo blankly stares out of nowhere for some moment, trying to process and catch up with what Dara had just said, “What about her necktie again?” Jiyong asks.

 

Dara rolled her eyes, “I can’t believe the both of you did not notice at all! Oh right, you were so busy staring at her ies.”

 

Jiyong shrugs, “I haven’t had that kind intention in the first place, it’s not my fault her chest is so…” he stops and tries to think of a word that is appropriate in a sense but at the same time explains clearly what he wants to convey. “…Massive?” He doubts. That’s pretty decent, isn’t it? Jiyong asks himself.

 

But Dara thinks otherwise. Displeased, she spats, “Massive? I highly recommend that you widen your vocabulary more. What about mine huh? Have you ever ogled at me like that?” She puts her hands on her hips and braced her chest upward. Her babies are something to be proud of she believes. (She is being deceived by her own thoughts, sad story.)

 

Jinwoo interjects, breaking Dara’s little daydream, “Give up, yours are non-existent anyway or if they aren’t then they must have gone extinct.” Dara gapes disapprovingly. “What? Am I not allowed to have my revenge from all the bullying?” he pouts.

 

What was she thinking asking those absurd questions in the first place? Does she want Jiyong to have all his attention directed only towards her? No! Why is she suddenly so annoyed? No idea! It must be the natural instinct to be easily aggravated with Jiyong inside her that is acting. She settles with that reasoning.

 

“Enough of the -talk, we need to get back to the HQ. I’ll contact the others.”

 

 

 

 

 

“I think I have found out why the Red Dragonfly has been oddly familiar with me and Kiyong, although I believe it is not something that only the two of us knows, it’s just a matter of how much we can make a connection out of it in simplicity since this has to be a common knowledge to us all.” Dara says and proceeds to telling their encounter with Lee Chaerin earlier.

 

Bom stands and snaps her finger all of a sudden, realizing and getting the whole picture of what Dara wants to convey, “The Red Dragonfly is the emblem of our student council!”

 

Jinwoo excitedly stands up as well getting caught in the momentum, the members look at him intently waiting for what he will say. He thinks but realizes later that there was none that he could share. He shyly tucks himself back to his chair while mumbling an apology. He is just being his cute self, the other members inwardly thought.

 

Seunghyun reverts them back to the topic, “I am curious however, was the Red Dragonfly the symbol of all batches of the student council ever since?”

 

“No,” Kiyong answers, “It was something that just started with this semester’s student council.”

 

“Right, the pins were supposed to distinguish who are the officers amongst all of the students.” Bom explains, “I do not really know the back story as to why it is specifically a Red Dragonfly though. This student council is full of odd members and they are individually a mystery themselves.”

 

“So basically we are speculating that they are involved in this case, aren’t we?” Jiyong asks.

 

“For now we are since we basically have nothing else to connect this case with.” Kiyong answers. He shifts and turns to Bom, “Bom, brief us with the profile of the members of the student council.”

 

Bom beamed, “I’m on it! Just give me some time to collect all of my resources and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”

 

 

 

 

 

Dara taps her foot impatiently as she waits by the front porch of the main entrance of their school. She reaches her hand out, feeling the hard pour of rain drops against her palm. She sighs and questions how much longer does she have to wait until she gets home and be welcomed by the comfort of her bed.

 

She fishes her phone out of her pocket, ready to text a message only to be greeted by a text from one of her family’s chauffeur, who is most of the time the one who sends her to and as well fetch her from school, Mr. Jung.

 

[Ms. Park,

Sorry for the inconvenience, but due to an urgent call from your father, I might be an hour late or later from going to your school, but I know very well that you can’t wait for that long since you are very impatient. If only you can find other means to go home, Ms. Park as the other drivers will be unavailable as well.

Ps. Don’t be too angry. I’ll sneak you a box of fried chicken when we get back.

Pps. Do text back once you got home safely.

Take care. xoxo]

 

Dara laughs over the text, “This crazy old man and his texts, really. I better see that chicken or else he’ll really get it from me.” She groans a little while later after her she realizes her problem again. How is she going to get home? She can’t possibly text Bom, she already went ahead of her earlier. It looks like she’s the only student left here in the campus too. She can’t take the subway as well, she doesn’t know how to. It sounds stupid being stupid regarding this kind of simple matter. She’ll learn how to ride them next time, she notes into her head.

 

While heaving a deep sigh, she rests her head on the pillar next to her. “Where am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter