Hatred

Into The Mysterious Guild
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It has been reported in the faculty meeting earlier this morning,” Mr. Cha started, “That the answer keys to this semester’s preliminary examinations were actually stolen.”

 

“But why is it only reported now when the preliminary grades of this semester were already released?” Kiyong questioned.

 

“The faculty and board meeting earlier announced an abrupt meeting with the President tomorrow for a financial review of the school funds. Mr. Do who is in-charge for tomorrow’s meeting succession had confessed that his flash drive went missing. The data in there includes the financial reports and the answer keys to this semester’s exams. Losing the flash drive which entails the answer keys is not a problem at all, we have secured a back-up for that, the thing is the knowledge that someone have cheated on the previous examination. He slipped aside the fact of losing his flash drive, of a student being able to cheat and strived to recreate a whole school year’s financial report, apparently the announcement forced him to say the truth for he was still not halfway done.

The school officials have no leads on the culprit as of yet”

 

“How was it concluded that the flash drive was stolen? It’s possible that Mr. Do had only misplaced it.”

 

Mr. Cha took hold of a remote control and pressed a button which made a projector screen slowly descend from his back. A paused CCTV footage of what seemed to be from the faculty room is flashed across the screen.

 

“This video is from a week before the exams,” the footage played to life as Mr. Cha narrates the scene, “Just before lunch time Mr. Do still had his flash drive in use, he was making some review in his reports, he was then invited by Ms. Cheon to eat out of the school grounds and as you can see he placed the flash drive in his desk drawer.” Mr. Cha fast-forwarded the video until the faculty room was seemingly deserted.

 

“Prior to your knowledge, every office in our school has its own set of pass codes.” Right after Mr. Cha’s statement, a man (could be a woman as well) wearing a blue hoodie and a face mask makes a way inside the faculty room in careful steps, it’s obvious in his actions that he is still trying to revert his face away from the CCTV despite of his heavy disguise.

 

He then made his way to Mr. Do’s table and opened the latter’s desk drawer. He scrambled, finding something inside Mr. Do’s table, I noticed how his hands are trembling. The man then stopped and lifted the flash drive. Bom can’t help but gasp. The video then came into a halt.

 

“It was concluded that there’s a possibility that the culprit could be a faculty member because he was able to get inside the room. But I’m sure that this man,” Mr. Cha pointed the figure in the footage from his back, “is a student of ours.”

 

“What leads you into that assumption, sir?” Seunghyun asked.

 

Bom beat to it, “If it is one of the faculty members, his intention would not be really clear. What is he about to do with the answer keys? Why would he go for such trouble when he could just ask for them from the other faculty members and have it easily? Also with the reports, how could he benefit from those? I’m pretty sure that it does not hold any secret. It’s an official report, its credibility will be easily tracked. So, does he only want to burden Mr. Do? But that would be plainly stupid and childish.” She snorted at her last sentence.

 

We can see Mr. Cha nod in agreement, “The truth beholds in Bom’s words, but my assumption could easily be explained if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter