New light

Into The Mysterious Guild
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 [a/n: HELLO EVERYONE! It has been a long time since I last updated this, huh? School was keeping me up (it already ended a few weeks ago though) and I'm finally on vacation (YEYYYYY!) so hopefully I could update this story more frequently. Please do enjoy reading! Vote up. Subscribe. Comment. I so love to hear your thoughts guysss! Thank you!]

 

***

 

“Can’t you at least pretend that you’re okay doing this with me?” he takes the seat in front of me and handed me a carton of strawberry flavored milk.

 

Kwon Jiyong and I are currently in the school cafeteria to talk about how exactly are we going to take control of the case assigned to us. I don’t really understand how Kiyong came up with such an idea when obviously we could not even work out a decent conversation between us. And what’s up with ‘working out our relationship’? There’s no need! I don’t even want to be related to him even from the beginning anyway. I just hope that this case will not take forever to be solved.

 

“Nope,” I said, popping the ‘p’, “Can’t do.  By the way, thanks. How did you know I like strawberry milk? Are you stalking me?”

 

“Yeah, right, as if I would leisurely waste time for something like that.” Ughhh. Calm down, Dara. You practically sounded that you are asking for it. “Well, since you don’t fancy sodas which is what I got for myself,” Oh, he remembers? Our first meeting flashes in the back of my mind—I’m cringing from embarrassment, “I just kind of randomly picked something that would suit you.”

 

“And strawberry milk suits me? How?”

 

“Since you’re cute and all.”

 

I blinked at him.

 

He takes a sip from his soda while maintaining eye contact with me.

 

I was kind of thankful to have my hair down as I feel my ears burning.

 

“How much money do you want?”

 

“Fifty bucks would suffice. You take good hints.” I rolled my eyes. How can I think for a second that he is genuinely complimenting me?

 

“Kiyong shouldn’t have paired me with you, I’d rather have him as my partner to be honest.”

 

He puts down the can he is holding and then he sluggishly settles himself on his chair, “I’m starting to feel lazy to even bother myself into thinking about how we should work this out. Can’t you just do this alone?”

 

I kicked him on the shin under the table which made him grunt in pain, “Well you shouldn’t have said ‘you are totally game’ about this stupid plan of Kiyong’s in the first place.” I said as I mock him.

 

“Shouldn’t you start running to your Kiyong now then since you prefer him so much better than me. I’m sure he will welcome you with a warm hug because he’s such a sweet guy and all.”

 

“Are you picking a fight? Why are you being a jerk again?”

 

“You started it, you keep mentioning Kiyong’s name even though you are with me. I bet your mind are as well full of thoughts of him.”

 

“And if that is true, what’s the matter? Why do you care?”

 

“I don’t like it. Why can’t you tell?”

 

“How can I tell? What’s wrong with mentioning Kiyong?”

 

“Everything about it is not right. What is wrong with you? You should only focus on me… And on the case.” He coughs. “We should really start on thinking what we are going to do.”

 

Our shoulders heave up and down. How is that so tiring? And why are we wasting our time fighting?

 

I looked around us and noticed numerous students giving us incredulous looks. I inwardly clicked my tongue in annoyance. I diverted my eyes back to Kwon Jiyong again. I guess my life can’t ever be peaceful again with him around.

 

I seriously do not have any idea on how we are going to take a step forward towards progress on this case, I mean we have too little evidences to point out who might be the perpetrator of the threatening letter. We both fell silent for some seconds.

 

“Let’s stop fighting please?” I said which made me earn a raise of brow from him.

 

“You sound like you’re making amends with your boyfriend. Okay, let’s stop then.”

 

“You should really assess whether what’s coming out of your mouth makes sense you know.”

 

“Oh my, am I hearing it right? Are you starting another fight? Come at me you wench.” He taunts as he crosses his arms to his chest

 

I was about to retort something back but my mind finds none. I am already lost of words for this guy! He’s crazy!

 

I just shook my head and laughed. He laughs with me—Wait, what is with this sudden good atmosphere? What is with his gummy smile? And his chinky eyes turning smaller as he laughs? Why do I find him so adorable right now—Woaaaaah!!!! Let us not lead to that girl, you’re like dragging yourself into ten thousand years of bad luck and I swear you would not want that.

 

I cleared my throat. We still got some serious business to handle. “Hey, you aren’t kidding when you said you are suspicious of Ha Eun right? Or are you?”

 

“What? Are you going to get angry again? Are you going to accuse me again of being a lousy ert? Well I do admit than she got a good physique, her built really adds up to her appeal. I bet she’d look okay wearing whatever and those are just my type. However, I do not have the need to approach girls, they just come to me VOLUNTARILY.”

 

I feel my inner monsters who are supposed to be permanently chained just to avoid any bloody circumstances from actually happening are quivering with anger but my system tries hard to sustain itself and not burst out. Can’t he hear himself? Once he does he’d immediately understand why I get angry at him everytime.

 

“My question could be answered with yes or no, Kwon Jiyong.”

 

“Aww, you’re not going to throw a fit anymore? Boring.” He pouts. Oh my god help me. Take him away. “Honestly speaking, no. I do believe her involvement here is not shallow.”

 

“But she looks so harmless!”

 

“Harmless you say? Surely you have heard of the saying ‘never judge a book by its cover’ right? We can never be sure of the extent of her actions. Take me as an example, I look as cute as a puppy but I can be very dangerous—Okay, I’ll stop since you’re giving me the looks again. How about Seunghyun then?”

 

“I actually find him pretty scary to be honest.” I mumbled.

 

Jiyong chuckles. “He hardly speaks and seems to very tolerant but he can get you paralyzed in one go by just hitting you at your vital point,” he pauses and thinks, “I should act fast and get to his good side, shouldn’t I?”

 

“Anyway, I do get your point now and who knows, we might get something fruitful as we investigate on her.”

 

He smirks, “Now we’re talking.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Lee Ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter