P: 8

PromiseS

Ye Na received an e-mail from Cha Taehyun, after her Dad submitted her contract at Blossom Entertainment, saying she is given the whole summer to spend her time with her family and friends.

 

Since their graduation had just been conducted, they were given the chance to relax and unwind before they finally start the training.

 

Cha Taehyun, as the founder of Blossom Entertainment, wanted his artists and soon-to-be-artists to be educated so he asked the new recruits to still get an application to any University, this time, they wished to go to and take a course they really like, not just an academy who gives them just enough training.

 

“What would you take up in a University then?” JB asked Ye Na who is currently busy scrolling and looking for something on her phone.

 

JB did stay away from Ye Na and gave her the space to be alone, but then he always finds his way to connect to her. Ye Na who, on the other side, started to forget her past made up her mind. She still wanted to be friends with JB and he was clear with that. He know he couldn’t get through her heart so he settled for being a best friend, at least he thought, he would be able to protect her from anyone who would try to hurt her.

 

“What do you think about their uniform?” Ye Na showed a picture of the chefs in Woosong University.

 

“Heyyyy, I’m afraid you would get in that school. You might seriously burn the whole University.” JB teased as he shook his head hard as if he really disapproves her idea, then she hit his shoulder.

“I won’t seriously cook for you even if you ask me to. Mark my word,” She retorted and JB chuckled.

 

“Eyyyy, aren’t you going too far? I was just teasing you. Those uniform suit you, I’m serious this time. But can you really manage?” JB looked at her eyes to see if she was going to lie.

 

“Of course, I can. I didn’t sign up with Blossom Entertainment for nothing. And I think I have better schedules than you. Besides, I don’t want to hear Dad telling me to continue another major related to film. I already wanted to be an actress, not a director.” She shrugged and sipped on her mango juice.

 

JB studied her for a second and he knew she was telling the truth. There are no traces of fear in her voice and that’s why he knows she is really strong.

 

“Well, when are you going to get an application? Maybe I can go with you.” JB offered but Ye Na shook her head.

 

“Uhm-hm. No way are you coming with me. I don’t want you to cancel an event just because you feel like it. I’m fine on my own.” Ye Na avowed. Seeing that he can’t argue anymore, JB thought of a good idea to spend the rest of the day being with his new best friend.

 

“Then…” He started as he stood up.

 

“Can I just ask you instead to go out with me on a trip?” He smiled and offered his hand to her.

 

“Ya! Did you just ask me on a date?” Ye Na teased and JB chuckled.

 

“Aigoo, don’t you think you’re assuming too much?” JB retorted.

 

“Heyyy, you—” Ye Na started to walk near JB as he takes small steps back when the people at the Café scolded them to be quiet. They stopped immediately and looked at where the people are looking at. The headline caught Ye Na’s sight and she almost lost all her feet’s strength.

 

“Ya! Why? What’s going on? Are you sick?” JB caught her before she could even fall on the floor.

 

Ye Na’s eyes started to water and she couldn’t take her eyes off the television screen.

 

“It was reported that he fell from the 25 feet improvised sky platform during their rehearsal. Their manager and the other members went with him in the hospital to get him cured and as of the moment, their company has already released a statement that everything is being taken care of and that fans should not worry.” She heard the news anchor report and she instinctively grabbed her phone.

 

Ye Na stood up and looked at JB apologetically.

 

“I’m sorry but I will be leaving first. I’ll call you later,” she said in a rush and run outside while trying to reach her parents through the phone. Her tears started to fall down through her cheeks as she took a taxi. JB, on the other hand, started to analyze what had just happened.

 

“Dad…did you see the news? Are you at the hospital now?” Ye Na sniffled and wiped off her tears.

 

“Calm down, Ye Na, I’m here at the hospital and he is still at the Operating room.”

 

“What? I mean…why does he need an operation? Is he badly hurt? Dad, I’m going there right now. Tell the doctors to save him, okay? I can’t afford to lose him again.” She said in between her tears. She ended the call and asked the driver to make it fast.

 

Now that she is one step ahead from making up with her brother, she really regretted hating and ignoring him for almost half of her life. All their happy memories together flashed in her mind and she can’t stop crying. She doesn’t want to lose him.

 

Soon as she arrived from the hospital, she ran immediately to where the OR is and there were a lot of news anchors standing at the waiting area. She wanted to reach the OR faster but she couldn’t act too rash, it might make things even more complicated so she took the fire exit to navigate and get to where her brother was.

 

“Wait…who are you miss? You can’t really be here.” One of the guards said and stopped her in her tracks.

 

“I really need to see him so can’t you just let me in? Please.” She begged, her tears still flowing. They felt sorry for her but they couldn’t let her in.

 

“We’re really sorry but we can’t let you in,” the other guard sneered.

 

“Please…my brother is in there and I don’t know what to do if I really lose him. So please…just let me in.” She insisted and tried to get in but they held her in place.

 

“Miss…if you are a reporter and trying to act your way there, I’m sorry but we won’t let you in.”

 

Ahjussi, can’t you see I’m serious here. I…I am really not acting or whatever you call it. I just want to see my brother. Please…” She gathered all her strength to get away from their grip but she was too weak to get in.

 

Few seconds later, the manager ran to them and stopped the two.

 

“Let her in,” he spoke with authority but they didn’t let go.

 

Sir…” They both said.

 

“She’s his sister so get your hands off her and let her in.” He instructed and they immediately abide. She bowed before them and ran to where their father and the other members were waiting, outside the OR.

 

All of the members were surprised at the unexpected appearance of Ye Na but they didn’t dare to talk.

 

“How is he? Why is he still in there? Dad, are they really doing their best to save him?” Ye Na asked simultaneously but wasn’t really expecting for an answer.

 

“Ye Na, calm down please. Your brother will be okay so please, be strong for him.” Her Dad comforted her and made her sit down. The members figured out that she is really a family member of their oldest member and that he wasn’t lying when he told them he has a younger sister.

 

“I lost him once…and I don’t want that to happen again. I mean…why did he even dream of being an idol if he is going to hurt himself?” Ye Na quavered. She couldn’t think straight anymore and just wanted to see him.

 

They waited in silence, except that Ye Na was sniffling and that was the only thing they were hearing.

 

Few minutes later, the doctor went out and everyone stood up as they gathered to face the doctor.

 

“Who are the family members of our patient?” Ye Na and her Dad moved closer towards the doctor immediately.

 

“Luckily, he was strong to take the surgery. He had an internal bleeding and he injured his knees. The patient is unconscious at the moment but you don’t have to worry. He is already safe and you can see him after he is transferred to a private room.” He informed and Ye Na cried even more. They thanked the Doctor and went to where her brother is being transferred.

 

An hour later, they were allowed to enter his room after the doctor checked him when he gained consciousness. Ye Na was the first one to get inside the room and he was surprised to see her there.

 

Then again, he didn’t overlook her swollen eyes and he knew he made her worry a lot so he smiled and waved at her to tell her he was okay. But she maintained a straight face and went near him.

 

Ya, Minseok-ah!” She screamed and the members, their manager and her Dad halted at her scream. More than that, Xiumin was really frightened with his sister. She was even more frightening than the operation he’d just undergone, he thought.

 

“Why did you even dreamt of being an idol if you can’t make sure you’re safe?! Why can’t you even take care of yourself?! How dare you worry me a lot?! And how dare you make me look like a pathetic fake sister in front of your guards?! Ya!! Why are you smiling right now?! Do you think this is the best time to smile?! I’m seriously going to kill you!!” She ranted and he suddenly pulled her into a hug.

 

“I miss you too, my dongsaeng. Thank you for worrying about me but can’t you at least ask if I am hurt anywhere? Can’t you even say hi first and ask if I already eat?” He joked and the other EXO members with their manager and her father chuckled. She just pushed him and looked at him scornfully.

 

Xiumin felt relieved and healed after seeing his sister. As of the moment, he didn’t have to think of her because she was already there with him. It’s true that he left her at a young age but he never stopped thinking of her. He loved his only sister and he felt guilty and sorry for leaving her to grow up alone.

 

For now, he thought, he would just keep her near him and catch up. Maybe, he thought once more, his accident was a blessing in disguise.