P: 16

PromiseS

That same day, Jackson was called by JYP in his office. He knew he would face the situation so he was confident about negotiating with his agency about the matter. He doesn’t care about his name anymore, he just wanted to clear Ye Na’s name.

He cursed himself for hurting her and he hated himself even more for making her look bad. He read all the harsh comments about Ye Na and he knew she is receiving a lot of hate because of their past which he sees as nothing wrong. It’s not like it is a sin to love the person who has given you the kind of love that only your heart could ever recognize.

He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, held tighter on the office door before he finally went inside.

“Do you now see the chaos that your puppy love has caused? I told you to break up with her years ago but what did you do? You still continued to see her.” JYP said slowly and seriously.

“Sunbae-nim, I will take full responsibility of what happened. Even if you don’t give me the permission, I will still do something to fix this. Even if you let me go from your agency, I will still do what I think is right. So please, stay out of this,” Jackson warned and went out. He didn’t want to argue anymore. He will just face the media and do what he knows should be done.

JYP, who was left for words in his office, watched Jackson from the window. He also felt guilty about the issue.

“I should’ve just let them be together and protected them back then,” he sighed.

While in the parking lot, Jackson was met by a lot of reporters. He was alone and his manager was still at the dorm with his group members so he has no one to help him get away with the reporters but he wasn’t afraid. He thought that it was a perfect time to speak up.

“Are the news that circled in the internet true?”

“Did she really flirt with you while you were with Youngji?”

“Are you still seeing each other?”

The reporters don’t seem to stop so he held out his hand to silence them. Everyone kept quiet at once, camera’s still flashing.

“Can you at least give me the chance to talk before asking me another question?” He started. The reporters seem to cooperate and Jackson decided to continue.

“First, I am really disappointed with our schoolmates who uploaded our pictures in the internet. I am not saying that you are all bad because I have seen how you have defended me and Ye Na. What I’m saying here is that, you shouldn’t have uploaded them because it just created a big issue. Second, I am also disappointed with my fans who said they supported me but can’t even accept what happened to my life. Third, I am also disappointed with the media for making articles that appears to be putting all the negative things to Ye Na, I hope you confirm the news first before releasing it.” He looked at everyone in front of him who avoided his gaze.

“I will not deny the fact that I dated Ye Na. I won’t also deny the pictures that our schoolmates have uploaded... because I don’t regret any of it. I don’t regret being with the girl who supported and cheered on me. I don’t regret loving the girl who only loved me more than the love I gave her.

The only thing that I regretted is letting her go. I regret not believing at her when all she did was told me the truth. I regret losing my grip in her hands. Now that it came to this, I hope that you stop cursing her and making fake articles about her. She did nothing wrong. I was the one who wanted our relationship to be a secret because I am afraid she’ll get hurt, which I believe has happened to her now even if we are not already together.

And don’t blame my agency, they just stopped me from making things worse when I decided to tell everyone that I’m dating Ye Na because they know that she will be hurt more than me.

The thing is, I was linked with Youngji during those times so it was easier for my agency to cover up. And I am really sorry for Youngji, in her case; she agreed to help me even if she knows that Ye Na will get hurt if we announce that JackJi is real, even though it’s not. I am really sorry, Youngji. I pulled you into this mess.

And for Ye Na, I’m sorry if you had to undergo this kind of treatment because of me. Please be strong, I will still keep my promise to protect you. All those time that we’ve been together, those were my happiest days. Thank you for showing me what love is. And if you ever find the guy that really deserves your love, I hope you will be happy with him. I will support you.

To my fans who supported me and Ye Na, thank you so much. At least, I know I have really good and real fans that understand and support me.” Jackson ended and went directly inside his car. He wanted to say a lot more but his heart didn’t allow him. He just wanted to show Ye Na that he still cares for her. He has already come to accept that they won’t have a chance so he settled for being a good friend to her.

Ye Na, on the other hand, watched Jackson’s interview which was aired few minutes after he left the parking lot.

She felt even more concerned now that Jackson has revealed everything. She’s afraid Jackson will lose his career for what he has done. But she was thankful that he himself told everyone about the truth.

“Now that Jackson has released his statement, his agency’s CEO is here with us live to speak about the issue.” Ye Na heard the announcer said. She held on to her father’s hand as her mother tightened her grip on her shoulder.

“Truthfully, I am guilty with the situation. This morning, when Jackson told me that he will take responsibility and that I should stay out of it, I realized I have been cruel to both of them. I feel like the witch that interrupted Rapunzel and her Prince Charming’s love story. I thought this morning ‘I should’ve let them be together and protected them’ which I failed to do as Jackson’s CEO. I just want to admit that I am one bad person who didn’t allow love to happen to two people who loved each other dearly. Ye Na, I apologize for causing you this damage. I just wish that you do even greater in your career. And I hope that if love comes around once again, I hope you will be happy. And Jackson, don’t you dare tell me you’re quitting because I won’t let you go. You are one of the company’s treasures, along with the other GOT7 members so come back at the company later, we have to discuss your upcoming drama. That was what I was supposed to discuss with you earlier but then you turned serious and walked away after telling me those responsibilities and stuff,” JYP said and the announcers chuckled.

Ye Na’s parents looked at her and at least, they have seen that she is relieved.

Ye Na’s manager, on the other hand, got a call from Cha Taehyun. He looked at Ye Na before agreeing to the interview.

Her manager informed them about the interview but her parents didn’t want her to go. Ye Na stood up and assured them that she will be fine.

---

“Since Jackson and his agency have spoken up about the issue, I thought that Ye Na has to speak too. But then again, she was affected by the comments thrown to her and she even received death threat in a form of a gift box this morning.” Taehyun reported, Ye Na went to the agency and she was already sitting next to Cha Taehyun.

“I just won’t allow this thing to happen to my artists especially that I consider them my family. I told them to report the matter but Ye Na insisted not to. I think you should be thankful to her. I just hope that those who did these kinds of nasty things will stop since the issue has been cleared. Our Ye Na also wants to say something about the issue.” Cha Taehyun announced as he put his hand on Ye Na’s back to comfort her and give her strength.

“I was really shocked with the issue that resurfaced. And I am sorry to those people I disappointed because of your claim that I denied Jackson during my interview. The truth is, I just wanted to keep what we had in the past as a secret. I don’t see anything good about revealing it because people will only misunderstand. What happened between me and Jackson back then, I just wanted to keep it to my heart but then, I know how the industry works. I just hope that you won’t stop supporting Jackson because of what happened. We really ended things but I hope you don’t judge him. Relationships end if the people involved aren’t really for each other, that’s how it works. I hope you understand. I am just thankful to the people who supported me and to my fans that sent their love and support. I’m also thankful to those important people in my life that made me strong. Sunbae-nim, thank you very much,” Ye Na said as Taehyun hugged her.

Xiumin gave Ye Na a call after that long day. He was relieved that the day didn’t pass by without the issue being solved. And he appreciated Jackson’s manliness.

The other members also called Ye Na to check in and they were happy that she can talk happily with them.