P: 19

PromiseS

“Hyung! What’s Ye Na’s favorite color?” Chanyeol asked over the phone. He and Baekhyun is picking a gift for Ye Na and is also assigned with the balloons and other decorations for the party.

“White and pink,” Xiumin answered.

“And don’t forget that the balloon should be helium, okay?” he added.

“Arasso, hyung. I’ll hang up now,” Chanyeol said and ended the call.

Xiumin was about to paste Ye Na’s photo on the album he bought the other day when his phone rang once again.

“Hyung! What should I buy for Ye Na? Mirror or books?” Suho asked immediately.

“Both. But did you ask what genre of book does she like?” Xiumin replied.

“Yeah, hyung. She told Chen last night about it.” Suho answered.

“Okay, then,” Xiumin said as they hang up.

But before he let go of his phone, he received another call.

“Ya! Are we playing speed quiz here?! You should decide on your own!” Xiumin barked at the caller.

“Ya! Minseok-ah! Are you insane?” Ye Na bellowed. Xiumin almost dropped the phone when he hears his sister’s voice. He looked at the screen and he was not dreaming and that he is really hearing his sister’s voice.

“I’m sorry. The other members have just been bothering me about things a while ago. Why did you call anyway?” Xiumin covered up.

“I just talked to my teacher. I told him about the cake I will be making for Kyungsoo oppa on his birthday. So he told me that he will help. But—”

“What did you say? He? So he’s a he?” Xiumin interrupted.

“Aigoo! Ya! Minseok-ah! Are you really thinking I’m hanging out with some old married guy now? Aigoo!” Ye Na gushed.

“Sorry. You know how my overprotective-self activates. But anyway, what’s your plan?” Xiumin asked.

“Well, the plan is that he will help me do it since you told me it should be a really big cake. So when I finish it tomorrow, pick it up before coming to the set. And you should be there at exactly 11:00 am since he will be leaving the school by 12:00.” Ye Na instructed and Xiumin nodded.

“Arasso,” Xiumin agreed.

“But then, if you are planning to take me out tomorrow for my birthday, I can’t. I have a busy schedule for tomorrow.” Ye Na said and Xiumin almost choked.

“We’ll go out on Saturday then. Let’s meet mom and dad to celebrate your birthday.” Xiumin suggested and Ye Na agreed.

---

Someone’s P.O.V.

“My angel, my treasure

My everything, that’s for sure

Baby, let’s always be together

Let’s continue our journey to forever”

 

I strummed the last line as a smile escaped from my lips. This is the song where I put so much effort in and this is the song that I want her to hear.

“Have you completed it already?” Asked my manager and I nodded.

“Ready for the recording?”

“Yup.” I agreed excitedly.

“But how many versions do you want to record for the same song?” My manager asked and I smiled.

“The usual version with the touch of technology, an acoustic version, a keyboard version, and an instrumental for each version, six in total,” I answered.

“Okay, we better get to work then. The producer is waiting at your studio.” He informed and I got up with the guitar and lyrics on my hand.

I just hope that this will be a memorable one.

---

“PD-nim, make sure to let our Ye Na wear that dress tomorrow okay?” Ye Na’s manager bugged the Director over and over again because of the surprise that they devised for Ye Na and Kyungsoo’s birthday surprise.

“Ya! I told you we’ll do it. Can you please stop repeating it? It’s really irritating,” the director complained.

“I’m sorry, PD-nim. I won’t repeat it again,” he apologized and proceeded to the car to wait for Ye Na.

He was in-charged with the clothing of both Ye Na and Kyungsoo, but it wasn’t a hard work for him since the scene that Ye Na and Kyungsoo will film the next day is the dance. So the suit and dress for the two is easily dealt with.

JB was actually observing Ye Na’s manager and he felt that something is fishy so when he got the chance, he approached her manager immediately.

“Hyung!” He said and Ye Na’s manager jumped in surprise. He just hang up with his call with Xiumin and they talked about the surprise so he was worried that JB heard their conversation.

“W-why?” He asked nervously?

“Ya! You’re really uneasy now. Hyung, what’s up with you? Are you up to something? Is it about Ye Na’s birthday surprise tomorrow? Come on! Tell me, I want to participate too,” he raved. Ye Na’s manager gulped but he composed himself.

“Ask Xiumin about it, I’m not allowed to spill the beans to anyone, except to those I needed some help,” He said and left JB.

JB figured out that he was right and that he also wanted to participate; however, he knows that all the EXO members will be doing the surprise and he didn’t want to interrupt them.

‘I’d rather do a surprise on my own,’ he thought before going to the tent to get his hair done.

“What are you thinking right now?” Jhia asked when she and JB were alone in the make-up room.

“Ye Na,” JB answered.

“Don’t tell me you aren’t still over her?”

“I am but I am still his best friend.”

“But best friends never act the way you’re acting right now.” She commented and JB turned to her.

“I am just concerned about her because of what happened in the past,” JB mentioned as he looked at his reflection on the mirror.

“Do you want to help me surprise her?” Jhia asked and JB looked at her reflection on the same mirror.

“Wow! What look are you giving me? I am really sincere here. I’ve done wicked things to her and I realized I had been selfish to her in the past. I was swallowed by jealousy that’s why I hated her. But when we parted ways, I realized I’ve let go of a great friend. I tried to stay mad at her so I won’t hurt her even more but I just miss her, I missed my best friend too, JB.” She confessed as tears formed in her eyes.

“Then should we do the surprise tomorrow? During her celebration at the center?” JB proposed to brighten up the mood.

“Center?” Jhia mused. She’s not aware of any center that Ye Na had involved herself into.

“Children with Cancer health center; It’s a small center but Ye Na had been donating there and she had been visiting the kids. It was not revealed by her agency because she asked them not to.” JB explained and Jhia nodded, finally understanding the situation.

“She hasn’t changed at all. She still has a big sweet caring heart,” Jhia complimented.

“Did we just agreed on a deal?” JB asked and she smiled.

“Deal,” Jhia agreed.

---

“Ye Na-ah, I am looking for some songs to listen to these days. Can you recommend some? Perhaps your favorite songs,” Kyungsoo said. He was sitting at the bench with Ye Na while they are waiting for the next scene since the current scene is between JB and Jhia.

Jisoo, JB’s character, is being comforted by Juhyun, Jhia’s character. He had already given up on reaching for his dream to be with Hanna since the day that Ken took Hanna’s hand.

“I’m liking TVXQ’s Dream and Song for You nowadays.” Ye Na admitted and she looked at Kyungsoo directly in the eyes. She didn’t know Kyungsoo was looking at her ever since he asked the question. Ye Na’s heart beat raced and she felt weird inside. Kyungsoo felt like his throat is drying up and he can’t seem to take his eyes off of her.

“Look out!” Someone shouted and Kyungsoo immediately grabbed Ye Na towards him when he saw boxes falling right next to her.

They both fell down on the ground, totally avoiding the boxes.

“Omo! Are you okay? I'm really sorry,” the staff said in panic. He was carrying loads of boxes containing equipment that will be used for the next scenes when he got tripped.

Ye Na was afraid to open her eyes but she felt Kyungsoo hold her hand.

“Ye Na-ah, are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?” He worriedly asked and she opened her eyes. Kyungsoo was checking her, making sure she wasn’t hurt.

“I’m fine, Oppa. Thank you for saving me,” she assured as they stood up. The other staffs ran towards them, even JB and Jhia.

“Oppa, you’re arms. You have a wound.” Ye Na anxiously said and held his hand. It was bleeding and she grabbed him as they proceed to the tent. Some of the medics went with them.

“I’m sorry, you got hurt because of me,” Ye Na apologized but Kyungsoo shook his head.

“It wasn’t your fault. It was an accident and it doesn’t hurt at all,” Kyungsoo assured as he smiled at her. Ye Na was sure she was blushing at the moment but she didn’t want to look away to not make it obvious.

“Are you both okay?” The director asked, his face covered with worry.

“Yes, PD-nim,” They confirmed.

Kyungsoo looked at his wound but he couldn’t remember how he acquired that. He can only remember how he pulled Ye Na close to him so he could protect her. And he knew it wasn't just because of an impulse to do so, but because his heart told him to.