P: 5

PromiseS

After the events that kept the students busy, the most important day in their life is fast approaching. Finals is just a month away and they needed to focus in order to graduate. Since they’re in their senior year, they needed to make the most of it and do their best to achieve their dreams.

 

Moreover, Companies and Entertainment industries were invited to conduct their audition at the school’s gymnasium since the primary purpose of the school is to produce rising talents. They were also open for application to those who wanted to pursue directing and production.

 

Early that morning, Ye Na’s Dad called her and asked her if she’s going to audition for something. That left Ye Na wondering. She didn’t really thought of it in a while. It’s true that she wanted to be an idol or an actor someday but that was her childish thoughts when she was like what— Six? Well, part of her did kept that dream in her heart but she really forgot about it not until her Dad reminded her.

 

“You know why we wanted to keep this as a secret until you decide, right? Ye Na, I want to be honest with you about our reason for choosing that school for you. It’s not really because it’s far from the crowd or the people who can gossip you. We choose that school because we believe you still have that dream in your heart. We know you’ve suffered and had a hard time because of our decision but we don’t want to take away your dream. We’ve hold on to the dream you told us when you were still little. I hope you choose the best decision. You have our full support, Ye Na.” Her father confessed before they hang up.

 

Ye Na was left in deep thought, trying to weigh the positives and negatives of what lies ahead. The hate she felt for her parents were also banished and she just felt guilty for keeping unworthy hard feelings towards them. They did have a plan for her and just hearing the words “full support” makes her feel loved. The fact that they wanted her to be happy is enough reason for her to be contented and happy.

 

But the thought of achieving her 6-year-old dream is a matter of now or never situation. She even thought of the reason why she wanted to be an actor.

 

Then a memory crept in her mind. It was when she saw her brother wearing the little Prince’s attire for their school play. He adored and admired him for such great acting. He even got an award and she told herself she wanted to be an actor someday. She wanted to do a film with her brother. She even told her parents that she wanted to be an actor along with her brother so they can enjoy working together. She was the happiest when she announced that.

 

But when she grew up, she realized she wanted to be a producer. She held onto that dream but the news of her brother being casted in a boy group was what was unexpected. It actually made her hate her dream and dream for another, or at least tried to.

 

But she ended up going to that academy which focused on liberal arts and filmography. She didn’t want to go there from the start but she had to. After being able to adapt in the place, she felt like doing a film, as a producer or a director.

 

And now that an opportunity is knocking and her 6-year-old dream has been brought up, she had to make a decision. She needed to find herself and her dream.

 

Then another memory crept in her mind, it was when she saw Jackson and Youngji providing the best fan service to their supporters. And she even remembered what she heard from Youngji the day of their special performance during the school’s foundation day.

 

‘She’s just a loser. She can’t even show the world that she is the real girlfriend. She is really pitiful. And as long as she stays as a commoner, she will always be hidden. Eventually, he will just dump her.’

 

“Aren’t you coming?” Jhia snapped her back to reality as she snuck her head in the room door.

 

“I am,” Ye Na replied and went out of their classroom. She looked at the bracelet around her wrist, felt it and took a deep breath.

 

“So have you decided?” Jhia asked, trying to make it sound like she really cared.

 

“I’m not really sure about this but I’ll just try,” Ye Na said and they both became silent.

 

Ye Na was too nervous to even talk about anything and somehow, Jhia knew how she feels. That was exactly how she felt during her audition at JYP Ent.

 

“Going where?” JB, who just came from the gymnasium, asked.

 

Jhia hesitated for a while but managed to say “Gym.” JB looked at her in the eye but she was the first one to withdraw. Ye Na noticed it and made a mental note to ask her best friend about it later.

 

“It seems you came from the gym,” Ye Na commented and that was the only time JB gave her a look.

 

“They asked me to help in the sound system and to usher the students for their auditions. Actually, the other members are there too, I just left for the microphones.” JB replied and examined Ye Na for a while.

 

“Are you going for an audition?” As if he realized something, JB asked right away.

 

“I’m just going to try,” She replied and JB was surprised about it, but he felt happy at the same time.

 

“Does Jackson know?” He inquired, trying to catch her gaze.

 

“Haven’t talked to him yet,” She answered and avoided his gaze.

 

After that incident at the foundation day, Ye Na didn’t really talk to Jackson about anything and everything. Jackson and his group had been very busy with their promotions that they didn’t even have the time to talk to each other for the past month.

 

JB sensed that there was something wrong between Ye Na and Jackson but he didn’t push it especially that Jhia was there with them. He even felt bad for Ye Na for not knowing how Jhia was back stabbing her.

 

“Anyway, the audition will start in 5 minutes so we’ll get going,” Jhia cut the conversation and pulled Ye Na to the hallway going to the gymnasium.

 

“What was that? I mean, what is going on with the two of you?” Ye Na asked soon as they arrive at the entrance of the gymnasium.

 

“Long story but to make it short and simple, we broke up,” Jhia answered without a hint of hurt or bitterness in her voice.

 

“What?! When?! How come?!” Ye Na asked simultaneously as she tried to read her friends mind.

It was blank, it was something she can’t read or even see through. All she knows is Jhia doesn’t seem to be bothered.

“During the foundation day and I told you, it’s a long story so we better not talk about it.” Jhia replied in an irritant voice.

 

“I’m sorry about that.” Ye Na sniffled feeling really sorry about it and Jhia somehow felt guilty about it.

 

“Hey, don’t worry. I’m totally fine. So anyway, good luck on your audition. I’ll wait for you here,” she assured and pushed Ye Na inside.

 

What she said was half meant but she really meant it when she said she was totally fine because she is. The good luck part was what was half meant because part of her wanted Ye Na to succeed and part of her don’t.

 

On the other hand, Ye Na tried to set aside what she has heard from Jhia and focused on the present happening in front of her.

 

She told herself that she will do her best so she won’t regret a thing if she ever fails the audition.

 

As she stepped in the backstage, she caught sight of Jackson and the other GOT7 members. Jackson saw her immediately and approached her quickly.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jackson asked soon as he caught her arms.

 

“Uh…stuff,” Ye Na mumbled and Jackson gave her a questioning look.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Well, uh. Okay. Sorry for not telling you about it. But I’m going for an audition.” Ye Na confessed and took back a step from Jackson.

 

Jackson let go of her arm in disbelief after hearing what she said.

 

“Stop with your jokes, babe. It’s not really helping in this situation,” Jackson chortled but Ye Na remained serious.

 

“Do I look like I’m kidding right now? Look, if you don’t believe me, then don’t. Anyway, I told you about it already so you won’t have to argue with me later about not telling you about this. And don’t blame me for telling this to you now because it was a sudden decision. Now if you don’t mind, I’ll be listing my name right there and proceed with my audition,” Ye Na snapped and left Jackson.

 

He was left in silence and didn’t know how to react about it. He just watched Ye Na fill-up some forms and went to the music staff and submitted a flash drive, and went to the seats reserved for the “Actor Auditions section”.

 

The other members saw and heard their conversation too and they were lost for words. When they first meet Ye Na, they thought she’s going to pursue filmography and that she would go for Directing and production. But what they heard today was much unexpected. They all thought of what could be her reasons and only thought of one thing, “maybe she couldn’t bear seeing Jackson pretending to be a real item with Youngji and that Ye Na decided to stand up this time, not only for her but for Jackson as well.”

 

JB also came in just in time to hear Ye Na’s retort to Jackson. Right then and there, he thought that maybe “Ye Na was hurt and that the hurt has made her 6-year-old dream be done this day.”

 

Ye Na once told him about that dream and he told her it was okay and that she suits the idea, much more the real thing. He told her she would do great in acting and that if she ever thinks of achieving that dream, he would support her and be proud of her.

 

And now that she is one step to reaching that dream, he wished for her success. But seeing Jackson’s reaction just now, he wanted to punch him and tell him how he should be proud and supporting boyfriend.

 

Hyung, are you okay?” Youngjae asked Jackson and he just nodded as he went back to his position at the entrance of the backstage.

 

When Ye Na’s name was called to perform on stage, her heart beat raced. She stood up, breathed deeply and stepped inside the stage where she is faced with many managers and casting representatives’ from different companies.

 

She looked at them for a while before she signaled the staff to play the song for her first talent.

 

She closed her eyes and started to sing along with the minus one of the song “Shouldn’t Have” by Baek A Yeon. All the managers and casting representative’s eyes turned and focused on her, even the staffs inside the gymnasium and the people at the backstage paused to concentrate at her.

 

She had the voice that’s so captivating you only want to listen and look at her. She is definitely a head turner.

 

Jackson was as surprised as the rest of the people inside the gymnasium upon hearing her voice since he never heard her sing, not even when he asked her to sing for him. It was at that moment that he realized he overreacted about her joining the auditions. He realized he didn’t have the right to mock her or look down on her for doing such. He realized he wasn’t supposed to be mad rather he was supposed to be proud at her decision and look forward to working with her in the future if she ever makes it to the company.

 

JB, on the other hand, focused at Ye Na and her soulful singing. He can clearly feel the dedication and the amazing connection between the song and the singer. He heard Ye Na singing once while she was walking on the hallway early in the morning and he thought nothing has changed. Her voice was heavenly. It was an angel’s.

 

After the song, the casting crew asked her to dance, then act on a specific scene and she did her best to execute everything properly and with precision.

 

Ye Na never thought of it as being hard, she just enjoyed the moment.

 

After her audition, they told her to wait for the decision and that all the contestants will be called back later for the result so Ye Na went out of the gymnasium immediately to avoid Jackson. She was still feeling nervous, her knees trembling and her hands wet from perspiration.

 

She roamed her sight around to look for Jhia but she wasn’t there anymore. She took her phone out of her pocket and was about to call her when someone took her phone and dragged her somewhere.

 

“Ya!” She fretted but her reaction shifted when she saw who was dragging her. It was Jackson.

 

Ye Na tried to withdraw her hand but Jackson was strong enough to hold her in place.

 

“What now?! What kind of issues are you going to bring out again this time?! If you’re just going to talk about this whole audition thing, then forget it, I’m leaving!” Ye Na growled.

 

“Issue? Me? Making an issue? Wow! Can’t you ask yourself first about your own issue before telling me that?” Jackson bellowed, he didn’t mean to say that but he already did just because he lost his temper.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Ye Na murmured and Jackson felt even more furious, totally losing the main reason why he approached her in the first place.

 

“Really now? So you’re not even aware of the issue you made? Gosh Ye Na! It’s already been a month and you don’t know about it? How can you be so numb? I told you that day that I was sorry but you kept your cold treatment until today. And I know for sure, it was because of my special stage with Youngji. I don’t really know what the matter with you is but you told me everything is okay and that I don’t have to worry.” Jackson ranted and Ye Na gasped as she brushed her bangs harshly. She realized it wasn’t about the auditions that Jackson was furious about; it was their issue that happened last month.

 

“For Pete’s sake, that was one month ago!” She barked, totally losing her temper too.

 

“Yes, it was one month ago but I can feel you are still upset. I can feel it’s not really okay with you. How long are you going to keep on ignoring me? How long can you go without talking to me? Because honestly, this is killing me! It’s driving me crazy that I even lose focus on everything I do!” he confessed and Ye Na was lost for words at the sudden confession, even with Jackson’s choice of word. She never heard him curse in the past and just hearing that word, she could tell he was serious about the whole thing.

 

They were both enveloped in silence as Ye Na felt her tears running down through her cheeks. She sniffed and sobbed and that was the time when Jackson felt the urge to hug her, so he did.

 

They stayed in that position for a few minutes before Jackson uttered the words “I’m sorry.” Ye Na asked for an apology too and they looked at each other’s eyes.

 

“I hope this will be the last time we fight over this, I just can’t take it if this happens once again,” Jackson stated and Ye Na mused for a moment. She asked her heart about what it feels about what he said and because she loves him, she nodded and said “I also hope for that.”

 

Few minutes later, Bambam went out to call for Ye Na since the result will already be announced.

 

Jackson hoped she would choose JYP Ent. If ever they decided to cast her. He didn’t want to ask her to choose his agency because it might come out like a command and he didn’t want that. He wanted Ye Na to decide for herself.

 

The judges gave their own comments to the students and they began giving their forms to the students that they wanted in their company.

 

When it was Ye Na’s turn, she received a lot of positive comment like “You are very talented and that’s what will make you to the top.” “It’s really rare to see such multi-talented person and I feel like I wanted to help you in achieving your dream.” “You are the type of artist any company would wish to have, you have this unique talent that only you can show the world.” and many others.

 

After a few more positive comments, almost all of the casting representatives gave their form to her. SM Ent, YG Ent, WOOLIM Ent, BIGHIT Ent, LOEN Ent, and Blossom Ent are just a few of the big names that raised their cards to win Ye Na. What was surprising was JYP Ent who didn’t give her any of their forms. Normally, when SM and YG go for the competition, JYP joins in but not this time.

The rest of the GOT7 members were with Ye Na when she scanned all the forms, Jackson and the other GOT7 members shot JYP, himself, a questioning look and all they got was a blank expression. They are aware that JYP didn’t like Ye Na and Jackson’s revelation back then but they thought it were all in the past anyway so it would be an absurd reason for not taking her.

 

On the other hand, Ye Na felt a little relief and a little sadness about JYP’s reaction. She knew it was coming, she knew it was meant in the beginning. So she looked at each of the managers and casting representatives of each company. From SM Ent to Blossom Company. Her eyes landed on Cha Taehyun who personally went there to cast idols and she remembered his comment a while ago. She was deeply moved by his touching comment.

 

After the giving of forms, every student were given time to decide on which company would they sign up. They were all given a week and Ye Na decided to call her parents to let them know about it and so they could help her decide.