P: 13

PromiseS

The summer passed and Ye Na was already working on her first movie project with KBS since her drama debut was released. She was casted for the role of Cha Taehyun’s daughter after she appeared as Cha Taehyun’s guest in 1 night, 2 Days.

                                          

Xiumin has also fully recovered since Ye Na nagged him every day to do well on his therapy. He enjoyed how his sister took care of him so he was determined to get well. He also received a lot of encouragements from his fans and that kept him going. It was hard at first but eventually, it became easier until his injury was healed.

 

After their promotion in Japan, he invited his group members in their house for a party, not just because their promotion ended but because he wanted to thank everyone for helping him.

 

He and Kyungsoo were grilling some meat while his parents were enjoying Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s company. He texted Ye Na to come home immediately after work.

 

Ye Na read the message soon as she got inside her car. She just got off from the university; she had been managing her schedule pretty well so she isn’t hard up in going to work and going to school.

 

When she arrived at home, everyone were having fun and found herself smiling while looking at her brother grill some meat.

 

“Aigoo…our Minseok can grill now,” she soon as she went near them and they laughed at Ye Na’s statement.

 

“Ya! Just sit there and eat,” Xiumin fretted and Ye Na chuckled while she sat down near Yixing who was currently adjusting her guitar.

 

“I think this was not used for some time now,” Yixing commented and Ye Na smiled.

 

“I had no time to play it since I left it here when I was in the academy,” she mentioned and Yixing nodded. After a while, he strummed the guitar and he seemed satisfied.

 

“Music time!” he exclaimed and they gathered around the bonfire.

 

Yixing started to strum a familiar song and the boys started to hum. Then Baekhyun started to sing his part. It was their song “first love.”

 

While Ye Na listen to them enjoy the song, she observed how much they love singing and how much they sing with their heart. They aren’t on stage but she can see their passion, their love for music. She looked at her brother and she saw his dedication to the song. She realized that even though he was not able to fulfill all his promises, he was able to fulfill their dream. They both dreamed for him to be a successful performer and she knew he was able to reach for that dream.

 

Ye Na studied her parents and she hasn’t seen them so happy like that ever since she was seven. They were having a happy time, a great time not only with her and her brother but with her brother’s second family; his brothers, and his friends.

 

And while she is looking at everyone, at EXO particularly, she felt like she is at home. She felt like she also found a friend through them. They completed her brother’s life and she felt the connection between them. She was certain that these idols are not just idols for the stage; they are also idols for the people who needed comfort, who needed music to brighten up their life. She now understands the feelings of the fans that she failed to see while she was supporting her brother silently.

She now sees why a lot of fans go crazy when EXO is around or when EXO holds their concert in their place. She can see that these idols are dedicated to their work and they enjoy what they are doing.

 

Xiumin looked at his sister and he realized that was the first time they eat together after long years of being separated. He can feel how fulfilling it was and how great it was. He wished to have more moments like that. He wanted to catch up on his sister and show her that he is there to take care, love and protect her.

The party ended and Ye Na volunteered to fix the dishes seeing that everyone is tired. They agreed and Yixing volunteered to help her too. Yixing is known for his good manners and he is true to that identity. When they finished cleaning up, Ye Na told him to go to bed already but he said he was still not sleepy.

 

Since the day Ye Na and Yixing talked at the hospital, they became really good friends so Ye Na was comfortable around Yixing.

 

“Oppa, play me a song then. I really want to hear something pleasing to the ears at the moment.” She requested and Yixing started to play another set of song using her guitar.

He was plucking Roy Kim’s 12 o’clock. Ye Na looked at him and he was really into the song. She was waiting for him to sing but he only hummed.

 

She stared at the stars that were glowing brightly into the dark night. Yixing, on the other hand, looked at her. He wasn’t sure about why he feels so comfortable with Ye Na but he wished it was something positive.

 

After Yixing had finished three more songs of Roy Kim’ s Great Dipper, he looked at Ye Na who was still staring at the night sky. Her eyes reflected the stars and it was beautiful, he thought.

 

“Thank you for the song, Oppa.” She said and Yixing just nodded.

 

“I really love songs that can connect to my heart and soul at once. This is really funny but sometimes, I wish from the stars that someone would right me a song too,” She confessed as she accompanied it with a chuckle. Yixing smiled to that idea.

 

“It’s not funny though. I mean…someone writing you a song looks kind of special. It only proves how much that person treasures you for writing a song that is dedicated only for you.” He commented. Ye Na was amazed by how Yixing looks at her childish ideas as something special and not worthless.

 

“Have you experienced something like that, Oppa?”

 

“Receiving a song that someone wrote for me? Not yet. But now that you mentioned it, I dream of receiving one in the future.” He admitted and they both chuckled.

 

“Another song?” Yixing offered but Ye Na shook her head.

 

“I’ll play you a song, Oppa.” She said and Yixing was taken a back for a moment before he handed the guitar to her.

 

Ye Na started plucking Eric Nam’s Stop the Rain and she also sang the lyrics. While listening to her, Yixing just can’t close his mouth. He was amazed by how beautiful her voice was and how smooth it goes with the song. It was somewhat a perfect match and she can do a duet with Eric Nam and it will sound perfect.

 

But as he observed her eyes, it reflected loneliness and the first thing that registered in his mind was Jackson. Xiumin mentioned bits of information about Ye Na and Jackson and he thought it could be a reason for her loneliness. It might have been months now but he can see that she was still hurting. She deserves to be happy and she doesn’t deserve any kind of hurt, he thought.

 

Ye Na ended the song with a smile and Yixing clapped to her mini performance. He even praised her voice which made Ye Na laugh since it was the first time he saw Yixing behave and talk that way.

 

That was how their night ended.

--

The next day, Ye Na woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. It was her manager. After he dropped her off last night in their house, he went straight to the agency for Ye Na’s schedule.

“Yes, Oppa.” She lazily answered.

 

“I’m going to pick you up at 10. You have a schedule for Lotte’s CF at 11:30. I’m sorry, I wasn’t able to inform you last night. I figured you were tired so I decided to just call you today. So anyway, please wait for me there.” Her manager informed.

 

“Is it a solo CF?” She asked and she heard some page turning on the other line.

 

“Nope, it’s a CF with EXO and the concept is Sibling’s love for sweets.”

 

“If it’s siblings, does that mean me and Minseok will do the CF?”

 

“Nope, you will be the youngest sister of EXO. I don’t really know about the details, those are the only information they provided me last night. So please, just get ready, okay?” He said before they hang up.

 

Ye Na went out immediately from her room after fixing herself and proceeded at the living room where the members are gathered and are already dressed.

 

They all greeted her and she did the same.

 

“Have you heard about the CF?” Xiumin asked her and she nodded.

“Why didn’t you tell me yesterday?” she asked and Xiumin shrugged.

 

“Well, we just heard about it today. Anyway, we can go there together,” he said.

 

“No, I’ll be fine. My manager just called and he said he’ll pick me up. I don’t want to bother your manager too,” she simply said and seeing that he can’t argue anymore, Xiumin just agreed.

 

“Breakfast is ready,” their Mom called from the kitchen and at once, all the members were up on their feet as they proceeded to the kitchen.

---

The CF ended quickly and it was an enjoyable experience for her. That was her first time doing a work with her brother and her memories of their childhood came back to her. She really imagined something like that when they were little and it was fulfilled that day.

 

However, she had no time to say goodbye with the EXO members since she had a filming for the movie after the CF. She changed her outfit immediately and ran towards her car so she won’t be late for the filming. She just left a message on their line group chat saying she had a great time with them.

 

Xiumin, on the other hand, felt the same way too. The shoot was meaningful to him as well since it was their first time to work as siblings, without hiding anything and without worrying about what others would talk about. He felt great just by looking at his sister enjoying the work.