P: 12

PromiseS

“I thought you won’t come,” Jackson heaved a sigh of relief when he saw her.

 

“Don’t get me wrong. I just know you will wait here so I don’t want you to blame me for not coming,” she said coldly.

 

“Ye Na…”Jackson began. He was still hesitating ang he don’t know how to start everything. He already practiced a lot of times but he forgot everything upon seeing her.

 

“If you have a lot to say, better say it now. I have to go back immediately,” Ye Na was trying to act strong in front of him. She’s just tired of crying over him over and over again.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry about everything, about not understanding you, about not believing you, about making you cry, about breaking your heart. I’m sorry,” Jackson confessed; his tears started to fall.

 

“I’m sorry for being a jerk. I’m sorry I was an . I’m sorry for not hearing you out. And I’m sorry for breaking my promise…I’m sorry for not standing for the love I’ve promised you,” He continued and looked at her in the eye. He was searching for a possibility, for a hint if he can still make his way in her heart and if she still loves him. But she was blank…he can’t see through her expression anymore. Although one thing was for sure, that she is sad about their situation.

 

“So you just realized that? So you only realized everything just now? How can you be so selfish? How can you be so heartless?” Ye Na cried. She didn’t want her tears to flow but it just won’t stop.

 

Jackson didn’t know how to answer her because everything she said was true. Ye Na sat down on one of the benches as she calmed herself down. They were both enveloped in silence as the cold wind started to blow. It was also getting darker and Ye Na received a message from her brother. She finally stood up.

 

“I’m going; I hope this will be the last time we’ll talk about us.” She said and Jackson was alarmed, he still loved her and he didn’t want to let her go.

 

“I hope you forgive me and I hope we can have another chance. I still love you Ye Na, and I can wait for you, I will wait for you.” He finally said.

 

“I’ve already forgiven you because I can’t blame you for what happened to us. I just wanted to hear your apology and I guess I’ve had it today. Please don’t wait for me anymore, there’s not a reason for me to come back to you or for us to go back to the old us. I just want you to be happy, to live a life without me. Let’s live separately from now on and let’s end this story on a good note. I hope you will be well and happy. I will still support you, Jackson.” She replied and went near him.

 

She took his hand and took something in her pocket. Jackson can only look at what she was doing. Then he saw the ring he gave her and the lock-pendant of her necklace, he looked at her in surprise but she closed his hand.

 

“Give this to someone who deserves your love.” She muttered as tears fall from her eyes. Jackson was unable to say anything, he felt like his world just crashed and he don’t know where to go anymore. He watched Ye Na disappear from the rooftop.

 

He felt his heart aching and his tears were unstoppable. He knew that she already closed her heart for him and that there was no way that they’ll get back together. If the issue that Jhia told him was heartbreaking, Ye Na’s goodbye was more than heart wracking.

 

His broken heart brought him to Namsan where he had the most memorable date with Ye Na. He was standing on the spot where their lock was placed. He was in front of the lock that they put there and he looked at what Ye Na wrote.

 

“Jackson-ah, let’s be together until forever, okay? I’m sorry if I can’t tell you one of my greatest secret but I’ll let you know if I’m ready to face the situation. Always remember that I’m thankful for meeting you. Saranghae.”

 

He thought he’d already cried everything out but his tears started to fall once again. He cursed himself for taking a long time to understand her situation and he cursed himself for letting her go just like that.

 

Ye Na, on the other hand, sent her brother a message saying she would be home late. She needed to be alone for a while and calm herself before she goes home. She ended up going to Han River. She was looking at the beautiful bridge and mused about everything that happened in her life.

 

She knew that it was just right to end everything with Jackson. She knew they won’t work in the end and she didn’t want to hurt her heart even more. She realized, from the times he wasn’t with her and she was leaving her own life, she was alive and comfortable. Maybe, she thought once again, Jackson was just part of those people who will come and go after they do their part in your life.

 

When Ye Na arrived that night at EXO’s dorm, she heard someone singing at the balcony, it was Kyungsoo.

 

She was about to leave when Kyungsoo saw her. She bowed and greeted him and he did so too.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked when he saw her puffy eyes. She just nodded.

 

“Why are you still awake, Oppa?” Ye Na asked and Kyungsoo invited her to sit down on the other chair at the balcony.

 

“I slept a lot a while back so I can’t sleep right now. Anyway, why did you come home at this hour? I mean…it’s dangerous outside,” he stated.

 

“Just wanted to get some air,” she answered. She was still uncomfortable with him since they didn’t talk that much. He was always busy so he was not at the hospital with them during Xiumin’s recovery.

 

“Do you want to listen to a song?” Kyungsoo offered.

 

“I always listen to one when I needed comfort,” he added and she just nodded. Maybe, she can use some help from music.

 

Kyungsoo played one of Tori Kelly’s song which he downloaded recently. Ye Na looked at the sky while the song played.

 

She was enjoying the song when Kyungsoo joined in. His voice was really good and she enjoyed the music with his voice. It was more relaxing, and comforting, she thought.