P: 3

PromiseS

Third Person P.O.V

After the Valentine’s Day, another special day came. It’s the 190th Foundation Anniversary of the school and the School Director made sure that everything will be special for all the students who are studying liberal arts and filmography.

 

And since it is a special day for the school and the student body, classes were suspended and a program was set instead. The school had invited big names in the entertainment industry to make sure that their students will be motivated and keep going until they reach their dreams.

 

“Oh? Mom? Why did you call all of a sudden?” Ye Na asked soon as she answered her mother’s call.

 

“My bad baby girl, you don't even greet me first or say you miss me?” Her Mom joked.

 

“As if I needed to,” Ye Na answered jokingly not wanting to be rude to her Mom. Sure, she missed her a lot.

 

“Ye Na...Look—”

 

“Mom, it's okay. I understand. I'm not mad or something. I'm just tired these past few days that I can't even call.” Ye Na cut her statement immediately before things between them get emotional.

 

“Why? Are you having a hard time at school?” Her mother’s voice shifted from sniffing and sad tone to a worried one.

 

“Not really, just for this week because of the school's foundation day.”

 

“Ye Na, I'm sorry you had to undergo this kind of life. I just want to protect the both of you.” Her Mom apologized and it hit Ye Na directly. She knew how much her Mom cares for her and she didn’t want to keep on hearing apologies from her Mom, not even from her Dad.

 

“Don't worry Mom. I'm fine, really. And I really need to hang up now; we need to do some stuff at the stage. I’ll call you later, okay?” Not wanting to encourage more emotions, Ye Na decided to end the call.

 

“Okay, do your best. And don't even get hurt.” Her Mom with her ever motherly voice told her.

 

“Of course, I can take care of myself Mom. Bye.”

 

"Ye Na, let's go. They need us there right now!" Soon as Ye Na ended the call, she heard Jhia calling from downstairs.  

 

“Coming!” She replied and went off immediately.

 

They quickly went to the backstage to help the other staffs in assisting the artists who will be performing. That was actually the only time that they found out about who the artists will be since it was kept as a secret to them until that very day.

 

It's the second time the school has invited idols and groups to perform. And everyone is excited about the artist’s appearances and performances.

 

“Missed me?” Someone said and hugged Ye Na from her back while she was fixing the microphones on the rack. She recognized him without even turning to look at him.

 

“Shouldn't you be preparing for your performance later?”  She asked turning to him.

 

“I just want to see you before I go on stage.” He whispered on her ear and it definitely tickled her but she managed to endure it.

 

“Creepy!” She joked and smiled at him. He just pouted.

 

“Jackson, you know that I'm always here for you, don’t you? So don’t do it for me, do it for yourself and everyone who believes in you. Fighting!” She cheered him while giving him a warm good luck hug.

 

“Actually, I'm worried about you.” He confessed out of nowhere.

 

“Why so?” She asked, her eyes focused on his.

 

“Because of what might happen later in the stage, with me and her. I mean, I just don't want to see you get hurt. I'd rather be the one who's hurt.” He admitted, his seriousness reflected in his eyes and voice.

 

Ye Na knew it was coming. She knew that it is part of a loveteam’s work to provide fan service to satisfy the fan’s expectations.

 

“Don’t over think, please. The more you think that it would turn out that way, the more you will lose your focus, and the more possible it will come true. I will be fine, really. We’ve been through this before so just trust me and do what you are ought to do,” She assured him.

 

“Okay… but I am really worried about— Ah! Never mind. As long as I know you love me then that's enough.” He hesitated not wanting to destroy the atmosphere they have. But it somehow left Ye Na wondering about what that could be.

 

“I'm going to prepare. See you later.” He said and went off after giving her one final smile. But Ye Na was quick enough to notice the sadness in Jackson’s eyes. The kind she saw during the time they almost broke up, the kind of sadness that affects even those who look at him in his eyes. Ye Na was bothered about it and wondered about what happened...or what was bothering him.

 

She had no idea that Jackson was worried if Ye Na would see his group later on. She had no idea that Jackson don’t want to see her with them or even interact with them.

 

The idol’s cars started to arrive and every staff that is assigned to usher them got very busy as they run to and fro the rooms and hallways.

 

Lots of artists who were invited to perform and even idol groups were GOT7, F(x), EXO, Infinite, RED VELVET, BTS, 2NE1 and Up10tion. Among the artists were Park Bugom, Seo In Guk, Nam Joo Hyuk, Kim Sae-Ron, Park Shin Hye, Lee Jong Suk, and Yoo Seungho.

 

“Wow! They're seriously rocking the world,” Jhia complimented while GOT7 were performing. Her eyes weren't actually focusing on her boyfriend, JB, but someone else in the group. Ye Na just kept her silence, watching her beloved perform with all his heart.

 

“Ya! You should be screaming like the other girls out there, too. I thought you are being supportive.” Jhia scolded her, nudging her arm in the process.

 

“I don't even want to scratch my precious vocal chords. Jackson knows I am cheering right now even though I am not screaming. That's just so childish.” Ye Na replied and focused on stage.

 

She was bothered by something but she wanted to keep her mind off of that idea. She didn’t want to ruin anything that day and she won’t allow herself to be affected.

Few hours more, the performance by some of the idols was over so they were resting at their designated areas.

 

“I really think this kind of arrangement is cool.” Woohyun (Infinite) commented.

 

“Just because you're gaining more fans, you think it's cool?” L (Infinite) joked.

 

“Of course. And I am just popular that's why I have many fans.” Woohyun bragged and stood up to do a cute pose.

 

“Popular my . You don't even know how to act.” Sungyeol (Infinite) teased Woohyun.

 

Just the moment Woohyun was about to hit Sungyeol, someone knocked on the door to deliver their food.

 

L’s and her eyes met for a moment but she looked away and left after handing them their meal.

 

“Did I see her somewhere?” L asked himself but he shrugged it off.

 

“Thank you for the food!” The whole group yelled and ate.

Meanwhile, Jhia delivered the food for the actors and girl groups.

 

As for Ye Na, she was assigned to deliver the food for the rest of the boy groups.

 

Since EXO’s rest area is the nearest, she decided to deliver their food first. She was already in front of the door, her heart beat racing out of nervousness. She hesitated to knock but then managed to. When the door opened, it was Suho who welcomed her. She also had the chance to talk to Sehun and Chanyeol who helped her carry their food and drinks.

 

“Thank you,” Chanyeol said as he passes the food to Sehun.

 

“You’re welcome, Oppa. Enjoy your meal.” Ye Na replied and glanced at the other members but was caught by Sehun's gaze so she looked away.

 

“Are you a student here?” Chanyeol inquired and Ye Na nodded.

 

“So you know Jackson of GOT7? He studies here.” Sehun asked and she nodded once again instead of answering with a proud tone. But inside her, she said "Of course! Oh! By the way, he is my boyfriend.”

 

Chanyeol studied her for a while and as if something registered in his mind.

 

“Wait, I think…Jackson?... You?...” Chanyeol doesn’t seem to organize his thought while trying to remember something he saw from somewhere.

 

Chanyeol was still trying to figure it out when Ye Na saw someone so she immediately waved goodbye to Chanyeol and Sehun.

 

Hyung, she's kind of pretty,” Sehun remarked as he and Chanyeol walk towards their members.

 

Aigoo! You're really a big boy now Sehunnie.” Chanyeol teased as he brushed Sehun's hair with his fingers and Sehun just smiled.

 

 

Someone's P.O.V

After seeing her just for a while today and seeing her in that kind of situation, I got bothered by a question I was aching to ask. Why was she in that kind of situation with that guy when in fact it was the reason we are keeping this secret between us and enduring the pain? I just don't understand why our situation becomes even more complicated.

 

“Hyung, you know I saw something similar with that bracelet you are wearing.” My group member reported and I just looked at him, dying to hear him spill it out.

 

“Well, the design is really similar but come to think of it, you said that is a limited edition.” He continued. For a second, I thought of the possible outcomes if I won’t control myself and tell him about it.

 

“There are things that can be copied and faked these days.” I commented to avoid further discussion. I was afraid things will get more and more complicated if I reveal it here.

 

“Oh, that could be.” He agreed and we continued to eat.

 

But I hope we had the time to talk even for a bit. I'm afraid though, I don't know what to tell her. It’d been long years now and I don’t know how to start a conversation with her.