P: 14

PromiseS

“Wow! It’s going to be Christmas this coming season and we have seen how you’ve slayed the charts for movies and drama series. How do you feel about that?” The interviewer asked Ye Na during their live interview for her recently concluded drama with Lee Jongsuk and Park Shin Hye to which she served as Jongsuk’s younger sister. Since then, she was called the National sister. Ye Na chuckled for a bit before answering the question.

 

“I totally lost track of time and I didn’t realize it’s already 6 months that I have been working in the entertainment industry. Honestly, I feel like what I am doing right now is not yet enough and that I still have to learn a lot of things. So I feel very grateful to my agency and to the producers who trusts me on my work.” She politely answered and another set of flash from the cameras rolled.

 

“Anyway, you graduated at the academy where a lot of idols studied too. One of the idols is GOT7 and it has been talked a lot of times online that you were good friends with them.” The interviewer paused and looked at Ye Na who was waiting for the next thing she’ll say. Ye Na was taken a back for a bit but she managed to smile and compose herself. That was the first time she was asked about that and she doesn’t know how to deal with it.

 

“Do you still contact them? Especially Jackson since it has been said by JYP Entertainment that you were best friends. Do you still have time to meet up with him?” Ye Na cleared before she opened to answer. She knew that her past will be dug by the reporters and netizens anyway but she didn’t expect it that way.

“Well, we’ve been really good friends. And due to my schedules and their schedules too, we haven’t really met for quite some time. Although I’ve spoken to JB last time,” she nervously answered.

“Oh, right! There are talks that you will star in a drama with GOT7’s JB and EXO’s DO, have you considered the role?” Ye Na almost sighed in relief because of the quick change of topic. So she happily answered the question. She was given the permission to spill some hint anyway so there will be no harm to talk about the drama.

“Ah, yeah. During the last week of our filming with Jongsuk-sunbae and Shin Hye-sunbae, I’ve been contacted by the producer of the upcoming drama. Since my agency takes care of my schedules, I called Cha Taehyun-sunbaenim and told him about that. Turned out, he was the one who asked the producer to contact me. Cha Taehyun-sunbaenim told me that I needed some rest after the projects I’ve been working on and he already prepared a light schedule for me. But seeing that I love working, he wanted my opinion about the drama so I just said I’ll go for it.”

“Awww, such a hardworking and dedicated young girl.. So the roles have been decided already? Can you tell us about that?”

“Well, I have just confirmed JB’s participation and he said he would do the role, Kyungsoo-oppa told me last time he was considering the role too. But I really hope he would do it since I want to get close to him too,” Ye Na replied happily.

“Weren’t you close enough? I mean since he is in the same group as your brother’s.”

“This is I think what a lot of people think. Since I am Minseok-oppa’s sister, they would say I get to be close with the other EXO members and they would say I am really lucky but the truth is I am still awkward with them. It’s not like I live with them and can interact with them every single day. Although we hang out on some occasions, really, I am not that close with them.” She ended her answer with a sudden laughter to loosen up since she really felt tensed once again.

“So you aren’t close to any of them yet? Or you aren’t still that friendly with them?”

“I am close and friendly with my brother though,” she joked and the interviewer chuckled to her silliness.

“Well, I am really doing my best to get to know about them since they are my brother’s second family after all,” she nicely added and the interviewer nodded.

“But Sehun have been uploading a lot of your pictures with him and the group. Don’t you consider him a close friend? It was also rumored that he has a crush on you,” the interviewer stated and Ye Na laughed soon as she remembered the article that was released about her and Sehun. She covered and waved no as she composed herself.

“As I have said, we hang out on some occasions and those pictures are from those events. I do upload some pictures with them on my Instagram account too. And about Sehun-oppa, actually, Sehun-oppa had been doing his best to close the awkward gaps between us. He did say he had a crush on me since he saw me at the academy but it was really nothing special. I do appreciate his honesty, and if I were to rate them to who is possibly becoming close to me, I would say it’s Sehun-oppa,” she smiled and let out a chuckle.

“Then, if in case…just in case, you will fall in love with one of the EXO members, will it possibly be Sehun?” Ye Na laughed once again and her ears turned red because of the sudden question.

“Well, I think you should ask Minseok-oppa for that. He doesn’t really allow me to answer anything related to those things,” she confessed.

The interview went on for about five minutes, and then the interviewer asked another question about the upcoming drama and asked Ye Na to promote her drama with Lee Jongsuk and Park Shin Hye to which she gladly and enthusiastically did.

---

“Oppa, should I not have just answered that question? Did I look dumb when they asked me that question?” Ye Na simultaneously asked her manager as she panicked about her answer to the one concerning GOT7. Her manager knows her very well already and he knows every story about Ye Na so she is comfortable in ranting and venting out her emotions to him.

“You will face that anyway and your answer was satisfactory. But I think if your schoolmates will watch your interview, I think they’ll have a lot to say since GOT7 was mentioned,” he admitted.

“What? Omo! What should I do then? I don’t want to bother Cha Taehyun-sunbaenim if another issue comes out. What should I do now?” She panicked and her manager just laughed it off.

“President Cha takes care of things very carefully anyway. And so what if there’ll be issues, you’ve had issues already even when you haven’t started working yet,” her manager joked and she bit her lower lip.

“Ya, Oppa! You want to die?” She threatened and her manager laughed again.

“Okay, okay. I was just kidding. Don’t worry too much, you have me and you have the president so just think of your work. Just don’t check the social media first. And you still need to go to the University today so focus first, okay?” he managed to get serious and somehow that put Ye Na to ease.

She was about to close her eyes to rest for a while but her phone rang. She reached for her phone inside her bag and looked at the caller. It was her brother.

“Ya! Kim Ye Na!” he yelled just in time she answered the call.

“What?!” she barked.

“Good job on your interview,” he sweetly cheered.

“Yeah, whatever, I’m still ruined,” she replied, dismayed on how she answered back then.

“Ya, what do you mean ruined? You’ve really underscored my name. That was really important,” he stated and Ye Na sighed.

“Geez, you just called for that? Should I have just praised you instead during the whole interview?” she joked and he chuckled.

“You should’ve done that. Well kidding aside, you have to come no matter what at the dorm this evening,” he said and Ye Na became serious.

“Why? Are you sick? Did you hurt your feet again? Ya, Kim Minseok! Are you really going to injure yourself again?!” she scolded him and he just laughed aloud.

“Ya! Ya! Ya! Don’t overreact and wait for me to finish talking. Did you really forget about the deal we made? Ya, Kim Ye Na! Today is Chanyeol’s birthday and we are to surprise him. Wow! How can you even forget about that? Yaaa, I’m going to rat on you to Channie later,” he explained and she remembered about their deal last week. She totally forgot about it because of her hectic schedule.

“Arasso. I’ll be there this evening, how can I even forget,” she agreed before they hang up.

“Oppa, I don’t have any schedules after class, right?” she asked when the thought hit her. She’s afraid she hasn’t checked her schedule before she agreed to help with the EXO member’s preparation for Chanyeol’s birthday surprise.

“Definitely none, I told you, I’ve cleared your schedule for the evening because you nagged me about it every night last week,” he reported as he looked at her reflection on the front mirror.

“Thank you, oppa.” She said as she thought of anything to give to Chanyeol for his birthday.

---

The highlight of Chanyeol’s birthday is that it will be aired live on their V App so they can share the special moment with their fans.

So while everyone is preparing, Chen was holding on to the camera and is going around showing what the others are doing for the surprise. Chanyeol was not there yet since he had a radio guesting with Sehun and Baekhyun.

Many fans were fascinated because of EXO’s creativity since they designed Chanyeol’s room colorfully. His room was filled with helium balloons floating on the ceiling. The floor was also covered with ordinary balloons and on top of the bed are there presents for him and the cake that Ye Na baked for him. Since they had a baking lesson at the University, she decided to make one for Chanyeol. Right on the center wall of the room is a white empty spot where photos of Chanyeol and the group are being flashed.

Few minutes later, Sehun called them and told them to prepare since they are almost near the dorm. Everyone hid at the back of the room door as they turned off the light to wait for Chanyeol.

They heard footsteps and the voices of the three.

“Ya, where are the others? It’s almost 11. We haven’t even celebrated my birthday yet,” Chanyeol observed as his face became sad.

“I’ll call them. Just go and wash up for now.” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol went straight to his room.

Soon as he opened the door, he didn’t know how to react. The room looked so elegant. When he entered, he saw the photos being flashed and after a few seconds, everyone greeted him “Happy Birthday!” Chanyeol was very speechless; he thought his fellow members totally forgot his special day.

“Make a wish now,” They said as they gathered around his cake on the bed. He slowly closed his eyes and wished.

“Guys, thank you very much for this. I didn’t really expect you’ll do this for me. I…I really am touched and I feel like crying. And to our fans, thank you for joining us for my special day. I wish you all a good health.” Chanyeol stated.

After the surprise, they gathered around for dinner as they enjoyed telling stories to each other. They also talked about Ye Na’s interview and the mentioning of Sehun’s name. They were teasing them when Xiumin cleared his throat and his protective mode.

All through the night, they were singing and laughing and teasing each other. Ye Na realized what happiness feels like for her brother. She looked at him and she saw how happy he is and thought that maybe, that was how he survived during the times she was ignoring his calls and avoiding him.