P: 18

PromiseS

"Water?" Kyungsoo offered. Ye Na took it while saying her thanks.

Since the day Ye Na talked to Kyungsoo openly during their first shooting, Kyungsoo kept hanging out with Ye Na every time they had breaks in between their shoot. And because they show good chemistry and great closeness, the staffs would often tease them. JB, on the other hand, kept saying his best friend isn't allowed to have a boyfriend yet when truthfully, he is just jealous about it.

Kyungsoo's motive was to find out about his feelings for Ye Na since he had been feeling unexplainable things every time he was with her, even during their real shoot.

"Anyway, the next scene..." Kyungsoo was embarrassed to talk about it but he still wanted to talk to Ye Na so they won't feel awkward. Ye Na, on the other hand, blushed because of the word 'next scene'.

"I just...you know...uhm… I just want both of us not to feel uncomfortable," he confessed shyly.

"Uh...yeah, oppa." She was too embarrassed to say anything more.

Before one of them could say more, the staff called them and they both went to the area.

Ye Na looked at Kyungsoo, who was looking at her too, and he gave her a sweet smile. Ye Na felt her cheeks blush.

"Action." The director cued and Ye Na was seen standing near the school gate.

---

The weather was in a good timing, the skies are dark and it seems to rain any moment. That was the perfect scene that the script calls for.

Then Ken, Kyungsoo's character, was seen approaching. Hanna, Ye Na's character, saw him and she quickly stood up, she was about to step forward to leave when the rain poured. Hanna insisted to walk away despite the rain but Ken was quick enough to catch up, grabbed Hanna's hand and now he is hugging her tightly.

"Let go, or else..." Hanna warned.

"Please...just for a few minutes. Don't leave me. I don't want you to go." Ken pleaded.

Hanna stood still as Ken's tears flow. The scene was the continuation of the episode they released last week.

Ken confessed his feelings for Hanna but she was afraid to accept his love since his life is complicated and her life is, too. That was her reason for running away every time Ken approaches her. The thing is, she already fell in love with him.

Now that he caught her, she's afraid that she'll be drawn by the situation. She's afraid to tell him how she feels.

"Ken," she started.

"Can't we give it a try? Can't we just let love control us?" he interrupted to stop her from telling him to stay away, still hugging her. He learned that Hanna liked him too and he didn't want to let her go.

"Hanna!" Jisoo, in the character of JB, interrupted. Hanna pushed Ken lightly and he let go of her. Jisoo is Ken's younger brother, another complication in Ken's life, who also liked Hanna. Jisoo never got along with Ken since he considered Ken as the black sheep in the family.

"Let's go! I'll drop you home," Jisoo said and offered his hand.

“Don’t!” Ken objected sharply.

Hanna didn't want to hurt both of them. She was torn into the situation.

"I'm fine. I can go alone." She declined.

"If you aren't coming with me, you'll really never see me again." Jisoo warned. By not seeing him again, Jisoo meant he won't be treating her just like the old times anymore.

"Jisoo..." Hanna doesn’t know what to say. Then Ken suddenly held her hand, tightened his grip and dragged Hanna to the rain. They ran through the rain while Jisoo was left cursing his brother.

 

---

"Cut!" The director yelled.

"Oh My God! That was perfect! So perfect I didn't want it to end!" The director complimented.

"Aigoo! I can still feel the goosebumps," some of the staffs commented.

While he kept on complimenting them, Kyungsoo helped Ye Na to dry her hair. They already changed their clothes but Ye Na's hair got very wet from the rain.

"Was my grip so tight?" He asked while he brushed the towel on her hair.

"It was but I'm fine. Don't worry, oppa," she assured.

"She can do that on her own, hyung." JB commented as he dried his own hair.

"No, it's okay. I can help her," Kyungsoo said. Ye Na was just silent, her heart beat racing. She looked up at him while he is still wiping her hair. She felt her heart beat even faster and she can feel that she is blushing.

"I-I'll do it, oppa," she said and took the towel from Kyungsoo before she approached her manager.

JB saw how Ye Na blushed to Kyungsoo and he made a mental note to ask her about it later.

JB decided that if he can't have a chance with her, he wanted to make sure she won't get hurt to the guy she'll fall in love with.

 

---

EXO's Dorm

"2 days away?!" The members exclaimed and Xiumin covered his ears.

"Why didn't you tell us about that?" Kai and Sehun demanded.

"I thought you know it. Ya! My dongsaeng is an actor, everyone knows about it." Xiumin scolded.

"We're also idols and we're busy. We don't have the time to look it up," Chanyeol explained.

"What should we do then? We have a limited time to prepare if you're planning for something," Chen asked.

"Before that, we also have a plan for Kyungsoo's birthday." Xiumin asked.

"Ya, hyung! What is the connection of Kyungsoo's birthday here?" Chen commented which resulted with Kai's slap on the back of his head.

"Ya! Ye Na's birthday is on the 11th and Kyungsoo's is 12th. What do you expect, hyung?" Kai scolded and Chen just nodded, as if understanding the situation.

"Well, for Kyungsoo I thought of surprising him during their shooting since starting on January 10, by that date I meant tomorrow, they'll be shooting during the night. I asked their director about it." Suho explained.

"Wow! Don't tell me you're really doing that hyung?" Baekhyun commented upon realizing the situation. All the other members, except Suho, looked at each other before looking at Xiumin.

"Are you planning for a joint surprise?!" They exclaimed.

"Surprise? Who are we going to surprise?" Yixing, who just came in from his promotion in China, asked as the members turned to him. He placed his bag on the floor near the sofa.

"Ye Na and Kyungsoo's birthday surprise," Chanyeol answered as he pulled Yixing to the sofa.

"Omo! I almost forgot! Their birthday is happening simultaneously." Yixing exclaimed as he sat down.

"So are you really doing a joint surprise?" Chen and Baekhyun asked impatiently.

"Ya! Ya! Ya! I didn't tell you that I'm doing a joint surprise. I plan to kidnap her from the set and bring her here for the surprise." Xiumin defended himself.

"But I suggested if we can do the surprise all at once." Suho added.

They became silent for a while.

"To avoid the possible chances of getting caught, we can make both of them participate in each other's surprise. I'll ask Ye Na to bake a cake for Kyungsoo and Suho will ask Kyungsoo to serenade her soon as we get to the set, although I'm against the idea." Xiumin explained and they nodded.

They looked at each other and as if coming up to a decision, they contacted their manager and all the other people that are involved.

 

---

Ye Na got off from her last class and her phone vibrated. Her manager is with her to her out so she felt strange from receiving a text message at that hour of the night.

She took her phone and unlocked it.

From: JB

I'm at your school. Meet me at the parking lot so no one will see us. I just want to talk to someone right now.

Ye Na stopped on her tracks and her manager stopped to look at her. She became worried since that was the first time that she received a message from JB concerning his own feelings and situation.

"Are you okay?" Her manager asked.

"Oppa, is it okay for me to go out and comfort a friend? I think he really needs me at the moment." She asked.

Her manager looked at his wrist watch, deliberated for a moment before returning his gaze to Ye Na.

"Just be home by 12. Take a lot of sleep until 8:00 and I'll pick you up at 10 so you can go finish all your requirements here. You know that you'll have the night shift tomorrow for the shooting." He manager reminded.

"Arasso, Oppa. Thank you so much," Ye Na was about to go but her manager stopped her.

"Your jacket! Don't catch some cold or else your brother will blame me. And don't let people catch you." He said meaningfully. Ye Na nodded as she took her jacket before running to the parking lot.

JB was waiting outside his car; he was standing on the door of the passenger's seat, arms folded across his chest. Ye Na studied him for a moment and he looked so bothered. When he saw Ye Na, he stood properly and waved his hand. Ye Na ran to get there faster.

"Are you okay?" was the first question she asked soon as she got near him. He just smiled.

"Get in for now. I'm treating you to our favorite café." He said and opened the door for her. Ye Na got in and sat comfortably.

They were silent during the whole ride and Ye Na grew uneasy. She wanted to ask him but she's afraid of what might happen.

They arrived at the café but before they got off from the car, JB placed his cap on Ye Na's head, made sure it was fixed well, and smiled at her. And his smile worried her even more.

The café had just three customers, all of them were elders, the ones who were a regular there, and they were the ones who knew that Ye Na and JB are best friends.

JB ordered their favorite drink and cake while Ye Na waited at their favorite seat.

JB came with their food on a tray. He placed them one by one on the table and Ye Na silently watched him.

Everything was settled but JB hasn't talked yet. They can only hear the song that the café was playing.

"JB, what are you thinking right now?" She asked carefully. JB was staring at the window while playing with the straw of his drink.

"Some things." He sighed before looking at her. She tried to read the message his eyes are trying to say but she can’t figure it out.

“What is it?” She asked without sounding impatient.

“Jhia and I talked a while ago, after the shoot.” He started and looked at Ye Na who was silently waiting for him to continue.

“She said she was sorry about what she did in the past. She said she might get over the memory if she asked for forgiveness from me since according to her, she used me. I don’t really know how and what to feel towards her. I can’t even tell if she’s being sincere,” he confessed and heaved a deep sigh.

“Don’t you think it’s about time to forgive her? Besides, it’s for both of you.” Ye Na advised but JB remained silent.

“And for the first time in a long time, I talked to Jackson and it felt different. We never had a good conversation since the day he broke up with you. And right now, I don’t understand the situation.” He sighed once again.

Ye Na just looked at him, feeling worried and sorry.

“I still have one concern,” he added seriously.

“Do you…I know I’m not in the place to ask you this but I’m asking anyways because you are my best friend and that’s what friends are for. So the thing is…do you perhaps like Kyungsoo-hyung?” JB mentioned and Ye Na almost sprayed her drink all around the table, thank goodness. She successfully swallowed it.

“I want the honest one, Ye Na.” he added.

“To be honest, I don’t know. I’m not sure about my feelings for him. It’s just that it happened unexpectedly. I felt different. I feel like I should not stay there longer because I feel like getting a heart attack. I mean, maybe I admire him but I don’t know if that really is the perfect term for it.” Ye Na admitted.

“Just know that I am here for you Ye Na and I won’t allow anyone to hurt you once again.” JB mentioned.

“Ya! Are you jealous now?” Ye Na teased and JB hit Ye Na’s forehead using the fork.

“Of course, I’m jealous. At this rate, I am afraid that you will leave me,” JB dramatically said.

“I’ll always stay; isn’t it that we promised for a long lasting friendship?” Ye Na smiled and gave JB a little piece of the cake she hasn’t touched. She knows that JB is a good friend to her and she didn’t want him to keep meddling about her business because she’s afraid that he’ll get hurt in the end.