P: 10

PromiseS

After spending some time in the hospital, the doctor informed the Kim’s and EXO’s manager that Xiumin can already be discharged; they were all happy about that except that he still needed to use a wheelchair since he injured his knees and it still need to undergo some therapy.

 

When their dad and EXO’s manager was done in paying Xiumin’s hospital bills, Ye Na helped her brother out of his room. But when she closed the door, Xiumin was already facing her.

 

“Ya, Minseok-ah, what are you doing? Face the hallway!” She scolded him but he just looked at her seriously.

 

“You haven’t really changed. You keep calling me ‘Minseok’. Ya! I’m your older brother, I’m older,” He insisted and she shrugged.

 

“Okay, okay. Oppa, now please let me help you there and we’re going out of this hospital. I hate the smell of it,” She stated but Xiumin did not move.

 

“Will you be okay?”

 

“About what?”

 

“We’re going out, you’ll accompany me out, many people will see you there. Will you be fine?”

 

Xiumin’s question snapped her back to reality, she realized she was with an idol and not her usual, ordinary brother. Worry covered her, not for herself but for her brother. But she thought for a second ‘So what? We’re siblings anyway. And I’ll be an actor someday so I don’t have to care. So what if I get exposed, it’s not like it’s a bad thing to be his sister.’

 

Ye Na looked at the security guards who are still standing on the entrances and exits. Then she looked back at her brother who was looking at her like he doesn’t want to make her life a living hell. Then she smiled.

 

“Duh! So what if they see me?” She began. Xiumin gave her a confused look.

 

“Come on, bro! I won’t suffer just because they see me with you. I’ll become an actor anyway, so why hide? I mean…it’s not like a curse to be your sister, right?” She convinced him but he shook his head.

 

“I know what you mean but won’t it be hard on you? You’ll get a lot of follows on your internet accounts, you’ll get judged by the way you act, talk, and dress; even the way you look and you’ll get a lot of calls from reporters, even sasaengs,” He explained.

 

“Oppa, I really am fine. Don’t worry,” she assured and held on to his wheel chair as she pushed him towards the hallway, where a lot of reporters are waiting.

 

Xiumin just sighed heavily. He know very well that she will be in the entertainment industry but he doesn’t want her to experience it right now. He even disagreed with their father’s idea of submitting her contract because he knows really well how an artist’s life works. And he knows it would be too much for his sister. But then again, it is his sister’s dream so he can’t get in the way to stop her from reaching for it.

 

Xiumin and Ye Na were joined in by their father and EXO’s manager on the way out. Soon as they reached the main entrance of the hospital, a lot of reporters crowded their way to reach them. Xiumin looked at his sister but she gave him a reassuring smile. A lot of reporters started to approach Xiumin but they were blocked by the guards, they didn’t get the chance to talk to him or their manager but they managed to take some of his photos.

 

Soon as they entered the car, a lot of articles circled in the internet. It was not only about Xiumin’s recovery but it was also about a mysterious girl who was with them and was pushing his wheel chair.

 

--

Meanwhile, the GOT7 members were relaxing in their dorm while they watched some news.

 

Every one of them felt goosebumps and couldn’t close their mouth from the shocking news that was flashed before them.

 

It was a picture of Ye Na pushing Xiumin’s wheelchair with the caption of “What is her real identity?” Jackson felt something in his heart but he ignored it. He focused on the news but he can’t help himself from thinking of a lot of possibilities. Then he saw JB got up and went out. He felt like he needed to follow him and so he did.

 

“Ye Na-ah, are you okay?” He heard JB say on the phone.

 

“I just saw the news, is your brother really okay?” He asked. JB continued to talk but Jackson can’t hear it anymore because the word “brother” kept on replaying in his mind. He was still trying to figure things out when JB saw him. He was done talking to Ye Na and he was startled when he saw Jackson.

 

“Hyung…” Jackson started. But JB didn’t feel like talking to him. He was still upset about what Jackson did to Ye Na and he can’t still forgive him and Jhia.

 

“Don’t call me that.” JB said sharply.

 

“I just…what was…” Jackson seemed not to organize his thought and JB realized it is better to tell Jackson what was going on so he can reflect on wronging Ye Na all this time.

 

“The person that she was secretly supporting in the group and the person who made you feel jealous all the time was her brother. The reason why she kept it a secret was because she herself was kept as a secret. And the reason why she wanted to be an actor was because of him, she did her very best because she wants to reach her brother through performing. She did her best and she never used you. She loved you but you’ve been a total jerk to her,” JB gushed. He studied Jackson for a while before leaving him there.

 

Jackson was left in silence. Everything he said to Ye Na and everything she told him was indeed true. He realized he had been a complete for believing into Jhia’s lies. He realized he had been a complete jerk to her for believing that she liked the group because she admired one of them. He was a complete heartless worthless guy for not believing her when she told him she loved him.

 

He felt his tears on his cheeks and he pulled his hair out of anger. He was mad at himself right now. And he just wanted to see her and talk to her.