First round

The King's Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Council has requested for all three ladies to appear in front of them and the Royal Family.

“As you know, the Council will decide on who will be Queen through a series of tests. And the first one is today.”

All three girls were caught off guard.

“We want you to prepare a meal that represents the Royal Family.”

Suzy was puzzled. She has never once cooked a meal for herself, let alone for a lot of people to judge.

Seolhyun was confident. She has been taught the fundamentals of cooking and she has quite a sophisticated palette.

Irene was bothered. Despite having worked in the kitchen for years, she was not confident. She has gotten a bit sick over the past few days and her tastebuds weren’t at their best condition.

 

On their way to the hall where they are about to cook, Suzy whispers “Unnie, I’ve never cooked anything in my entire life.” Seolhyun hears this and smirks.

Irene couldn’t reply. She was looking paler than usual.

“Unnie, are you okay? Can you cook?” Suzy looks over at Irene’s workspace.

They were given an hour to whip up something that would impress everyone. All the best ingredients were provided for them so all they had to do was cook. Members of the Council and the Royal Family were up on a platform watching them cook.

Seolhyun hoarded all kinds of shellfish. Suzy decided to go with making a salad since there really was no cooking involved. Irene on the other hand was busy making a grand plate for the judges.

With 30 minutes left on the clock, Suzy decides to just get things over with and was the first one to present.

“I’ve made a salad with assorted greens and raw fish on top.”

“So, what makes this dish a good representation of the Royal Family?”

“Uhm..It’s light and simple. The Royal Family might seem intimidating to other people but they are actually really nice. The raw fish is of high quality tuna and salmon. The Royal Family who is of a high rank does well in complementing the basic greens which would be our people.”

The elders give her a nod and they proceed in tasting the salad.

The Princes snicker as they see Suzy present. They all know Suzy can’t cook to save her life, which is why it was wise for her to do present a raw dish.

 

Seolhyun was next to present her dish.

“I call this dish, the Treasures of the Sea. It is a seafood porridge with the most exquisite abalone and other shellfish.  It does not look extravagant because the Royal Family is not supposed to show off its wonders and yet it is a good source of strength. The Royal Family is adored

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter