The World Is A Scary Place

The King's Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene called Xiumin for help and in no time they reached the hospital.

Kai called his mom and told her what happened. Hera instructed the local leaders of Jeju to keep the situation quiet until she arrives.

Suho’s room was fully guarded when Hera arrived not long after she got the emergency call.

Irene was still in shock and was crying in Suzy’s arms when Hera entered the room.

The three ladies and the Princes bowed when they see her.

“Doctor, how is he doing?”

“My Queen, he is lucky no vital organs were damaged. We stitched him up and we just have to wait for his wound to heal.”

“Thank you so much for your work. When can we have him transferred to Seoul? I would be much more in peace if he was bedridden in the palace.”

“My advice is to let him sleep the night, we can arrange for an airlift transfer tomorrow.”

“Okay, thank you again.” She says before the doctor leaves the room.

Hera makes her way to Suho’s bed, gently fixing his hair.

“Minseok-ah, I trusted you. I let you have your fun for the weekend. Look at what happened to your brother!”

Xiumin’s head was low. “I’m sorry. I should have kept a better eye on him.”

“I am so disappointed in you. Even with you Jongin. How did Suho just disappear like that?”

“Oh I don’t know, maybe because he’s a grown man? Xiumin hyung already apologized so please just shut up now.” Kai was not taking any criticism from his mother. But Hera wasn’t done. She turned to look at Irene.

“You. I heard this happened because of you!”

Irene was already feeling bad, and having Hera blame her made her feel ten times more awful that all she could do was cry.

“Enough.” A weak voice interrupted.

“Everyone, it’s time to go back. Pack your things, we leave first thing tomorrow.”

They all followed Hera’s instructions and left the room.

“Eomma…” He called.

 “How are you feeling?” Hera hurried Suho’s side.

“Just a bit sore..what did the doctor say?”

“You’ll be alright. You know you haven’t called me Eomma in so long, Joonmyun-ah.”

“I didn’t want Jongin to have to share his mother too when he already shares his father…”

“You’ve always been such a good kid.”

“Eomma, don’t blame Minseok hyung or Kai or Irene. It’s none of their fault.”

“Shhh… Go back to sleep. Eomma will be right here.” Hera sits by the bed side and holds his hand.

 

The next day, Suho and Hera were flown by a private helicopter to Seoul. The rest of the crew had to cut their vac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter