Kiss me

The King's Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The entire palace has been up and about since dawn. It was the big day everyone has prepared for.

Suho got up early that day and decided to jog around Han River in a perfectly normal outfit. For him, it may be the last time he could ever sneak out like that.

 

It was the first time for Irene to be taken care of like a real royal.

She was given a rose bath, her hair was fixed in the traditional way and her makeup was done perfectly.

 

“You look great.” She receives a compliment.

“You look great as well, Seolhyun.”

“We all look great!” Suzy was in a very good mood towards Seolhyun today.

“Now, I know why you three were chosen as representatives by the Council.” Hera looks fondly at them.

 

They make their way to the courtyard where the big event is going to be held.

The first to enter were the governors of each province, then the members of the Council, then the three ladies followed by Xiumin and Kai, Hera and lastly Suho.

Suho finishes bowing to his ancestors and bowing to his people. He then kneels in front of his Uncle, the head of the Council—also the current royal adviser.

The head then places the crown on his head and he takes a seat on the throne, making everything official as of that moment.

“Long live King Joomyun!!!” the head proclaimed.

“Long live King Joonmyun!!!” the crowd responds.

 

Suho, who was seated on his throne has his eyes wandering until he found what he was looking for.

He found comfort in seeing her just a few meters from him. She smiled at him, almost encouraging him to smile for his people to see. And so he did. He smiled brightly that the media went crazy for it.

 

The governors were taking turns in presenting Suho with their gifts. This time Seolhyun’s father was in front and he shows off the magnificent porcelain pots he brought.

“Thank you for your kindness, Governor Kim.”

“This is nothing, my best treasure is my daughter right there.”

His words were picked up by reporters and they immediately flocked towards them.

Suho cleared his throat. “These beautiful ladies were chosen by the Council. This nation’s future Queen is one of them.”

That single statement caused the three girls to be blinded by camera flashes. 

“We’ll be having a press conference about this soon so please, until then let them be.” Hera finally spoke.

 

 

It seems like her words fell on dead ears as the headlines for the next day’s newspaper read: “Who will be our next Queen?” Along with a photo of them three.

 Kim Seolhyun is the youngest daughter of Governor Kim Mansik. While, Bae Suzy is not a stranger to the public’s eye as her family is a very prominent figure both locally and internationally. But we have no idea who the other lady is? Rumors have it she is another heiress who has been residing abroad; others say she is a commoner. But one thing’s for sure, we think she possesses exquisite beauty.

 

The opinion’s column is headed “Just another trick on the Public?”

As we all know, King Joonmyun’s coronation happened yesterday and it was revealed that they are now on a search for a new Queen as well. What is the rush all about? Is this because talks on abolishing the monarchy are happening all over the country? Is this another publicly orchestrated stunt to make the people love the Royal Family?

 

Suho tossed the newspaper to the other side of the room.

“Why so mad so early in the morning?” Irene brought tea to his office.

“It’s nothing, don’t mind me.”

After placing the tea on the table, Irene goes ahead and picks up the newspaper. Her eyes go wide when she sees her face on the front page.

“I’m sorry…This wouldn’t have happened if I didn’t choose

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter