Presentation of the Ladies

The King's Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the meeting with the council, Suho has just been trying to take it all in. In a snap of a finger he became King and is now on a search for his Queen.

The past week has all been preparations for his Coronation Ceremony happening next week but today was different. Today he gets to meet the three ladies the Council has chosen.

The doors of the hall open and soon the members of the Council are complete.

 

Suho’s POV

Will I get along with any of them? What if I don’t like any of them? What if they don’t like me?

They’re supposed to arrive any moment now but I can’t stop pacing. I’ve never been this nervous in my entire life.

“Your Highness, I present to you Miss Kim Seolhyun. Seolhyun is the youngest daughter of one of our governors in the South.”

Kim Seolhyun…She looks young. A daughter of a governor, of course the Queen’s side would pick a daughter of a politician. She has a nice smile, I wonder if she was forced to go here by her father.

Who’s that behind her? WAIT IS THAT—

“Your Highness, we have chosen Miss Bae Suzy. The Bae family has had a great relationship with the Royal Family, we think it’s time to take it up a notch.”

Just looking at her wandering eyes I can tell she’s looking for my brother, Kai.

End of POV

 

It’s been a few minutes since the Aristocrats introduced Suzy, and now refreshments are being served.

“I apologize for the delay, Your Majesty. Our side has decided to let you yourself choose a lady. And that lady shall be our representative. It can be whoever you please.”

“Anyone?” Suho was left dumbfounded.

In Suho’s mind he was trying to assess what was happening. Why would they let him choose just any girl? Is it just so it seems like he has a say on the entire arrangement?

Without thinking twice, Suho decides to go with the flow.

“You. I choose you.” He said as he points at a girl pouring tea to one of the elders.

The palace maid dropped the teapot when she realized that the King was pointing at her.

She got down on her knees with her head bowed ready to say sorry for the broken teapot when the elder in front of her asked, “What is your name, dear?”

“…my name is Irene, Sir.”

“Everyone, this is Irene, our very own palace maid and she will be our representative.” The old man smiled and gave her a pat on the back.

Irene was still shaking, what did they mean representative?

 

Seeing as how confused Irene is, Suzy helped her up, took her outside the hall and even wiped off the tea stains on her uniform.

“Oh you di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter