Accept the Truth and the Consequence

The King's Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene decided to make herself comfy on the couch instead of going back to their room that morning.

Suzy, who slept at a different room, was trying to sneak out by lifting Kai’s arms.

“It’s so early. Where are you off to?” Kai whispered.

“I didn’t mean for you to wake up, I just wanted to head back before anyone else wakes up.” Kai’s arms tightened around her.

“Stay a little longer. Just tell them you woke me up first. They know no one can do the job better than you.”

Kai was happy he gets Suzy when no one’s looking but sometimes he just can’t let go when it’s time to go back to reality.

“Fine. I’ll stay a bit longer. Go back to sleep.” Suzy kissed his cheek.

Kai closed his eyes and held her close.

 

One by one, they start to wake up. Luckily the attendants had prepared breakfast already and all they had to do was sit and eat.

Irene decided to personally bring Suho’s food to him since he hasn’t gone out of his room.

“Suho, wake up.” She nudged his side and he groans.

“I brought your breakfast. I thought maybe you’d like to have it here instead.”

He opened his eyes and slowly propped himself up.

“Here’s some water.” Irene passed a glass of water to him, avoiding his gaze.

“Something’s bothering you…How bad was I last night?” Suho has heard how he can be when he’s drunk so he knows what Irene might have seen.

“Not bad. Not bad at all.”

“Who did I kiss?” Suho dropped the question.

“Chanyeol,” She replied. “and Seolhyun.” She continued.

At that moment Suho knew she was upset and he hung his head low.

“I’m sorry.”

“Why are you saying sorry? It’s not like you did wrong. She’s your lady too. You every right to kiss her, like you kiss me.” Irene was being very serious. She was hurt but she realized that this is a path that she and Seolhyun share now.

“I confessed to you yesterday, I’m sorry I kissed her.”

Irene was fighting the tears. She felt powerless. Ever since that day, she just became a piece of the game. She knows she can’t fully have him. She knows that there’s no way for her to be Queen and wed him.

“I just—“ Her voice cracked and she let out her tears.

“Oh baby, come here.” He pulled her into an embrace.

“Don’t cry, please.” He already felt bad and now he felt worse.

“I don’t know if I can continue having to share you. It hurt when I saw you kiss her but it broke my heart when I saw her kiss back. She likes you too and I can’t tell her to back off.”

“But I like you, not her.” She shakes her head.

Maybe just liking me is not enough, she thought.

Irene continued to sob in Suho’s arms until she fell asleep.

 

“Oppa!!!!” A loud voice entered Suh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter