Why me?

The King's Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So the rumors are true! Little Suzy is back in the palace.”

“Xiumin Oppa!!!!!” Suzy sprints to give him a big hug.

“Composure my dear, you’re no longer just a guest now. You’ll be the King’s consort if not the Queen soon enough.” Xiumin laughs as he puts her down.

“C’mon Oppa, don’t say that. I’m still the same old Suzy. Just not little anymore.”

“You’ll always be Little Suzy to us. Have you seen Kai already?”

“Uhm no actually, I haven’t.”

“He’ll be thrilled to see you, I’ll call him and we can all catch up during dinner.”

“Sounds great, Oppa!”

 

*Dinner*

“Remember that time she fell from the swing and broke her arm?” Suho laughed as they were taking a trip down memory lane.

“Yeah and she didn’t stop crying until we each gave her a kiss.” Xiumin wiggled his brows.

Suzy was red as a tomato. “I was four years old! And besides, Jongin was the one who pushed me causing me to break my arm.”

“Speaking of Jongin, is he not joining us for dinner?” Suho asked.

“I called him earlier but it seems like he won’t make it.”

“Yeah, he’s probably out partying again.” Suzy rolled her eyes.

As if right on cue, Kai arrives.

“No, I am not out partying again” he imitates Suzy’s voice.

“Jongin…”

“Looks like you guys didn’t wait for me, I’ll head up to my room now” He reeked of alcohol. They could tell he’s been drinking for hours.

“Kai—“

“I’ll talk to him, Oppa”

Suzy followed him, assisting drunk Jongin up the stairs.

“Bae Suzy~”

“Oh Jongin, why are you so drunk?” She mumbles as she gets him on the bed and takes his shoes off.

“Why are you back? You told me you didn’t want to stay in the palace…”

“I was sixteen, Jongin.”

“You said you don’t want to be married, that you don’t want to be royal. But look where you are now.”

“Jongin, I was young. I meant those words at the time…”

“I know you’ve always had a crush on my hyung…now that he’s king, you decide you’re ready to get married to a royal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter