Xiumin's Birthday Bash

The King's Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seolhyun was summoned by the Queen Mother after the announcement of results.

“You’re not working as hard as you should.” Hera was tapping her fingers against the wooden table.

“But they said mine was the best tasting dish”

“My dear, if it was truly the best you would’ve won despite her petty little speech about her sad dish.”

“So what do I do now?”

“I’ll make sure you win the throne but you have to work on winning his heart. I think that little palace girl is also getting ahead of you in that area.”

Seolhyun’s fingers curled into a fist in anger.

Everyone knows her as the youngest daughter of Kim Mansik. At a young age she was always left out. Her older sisters were always so good at everything and she was just a pretty face. One day a fortuneteller told his father that his youngest daughter would be the one to bring him the most luck. And that’s where it all started. When they realized that she could be Queen someday. She was taught everything a Queen should know. Seolhyun knew that this was the only chance she got to be recognized in her family. Being the nation’s Queen would bring so much pride to her family that even her ancestors in heaven would be proud. That day she came into the palace, she was determined to sit on the throne and she’ll do whatever it takes.

 

A few days have passed and it was the weekend of Xiumin’s birthday.

They’ve already decided that they’ll be heading to Jeju Island to celebrate with all of their friends.

Luckily, the Queen Mother allowed Suho to go as long as they had security with them.

They boarded their private plane where all their friends were already.

Irene was a bit overwhelmed. She didn’t know any of them, except for those she met at Halo but her memory of that night was still a blur. Suzy and Seolhyun seem to fit right in the elite crowd.

Suho nudged the dazed Irene.

“Come on, I’ll introduce you to everyone."

 “Guys, this is Irene.”

“Waaaahhh we finally get to meet you!!” A tall girl squeals.

“I’m Sooyoung. These are other friends Yoona, Yuri, Sunny, Tiffany…” And she went on and on until she introduced all the girls beside her.

“They’re a big group of friends…” Suho explained.

Suddenly a familiar face greets them.

“Oh this is—“ Suho starts to introduce him but was cut off.

“Chanyeol. Yup. I remember. One of the things I actually remember from that night.”

“Hey, good to see you sober!” Chanyeol pats her head before turning to greet Suho.

“Hyung, I’m glad you can make it. This weekend is gonna be great!!”

They moved more to the back of the plane when they suddenly hear bickering but it wasn’t in Korean.

“Chinese cousins…” Suho explained.

They introduced themselves as Yixing, Victoria and Fei.

Suho suddenly places a hand on the small of Irene’s back.

“C’mon, I’ll show you the best part of having a private plane.”

At the very back of the huge plane was a bedroom.

“This looks soooo cool!!!!” Irene was excited as she sees the luxurious sight.

She sits at the edge of the bed and asks “Are we staying h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter