# 9

Heart of Iron
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dad?" Heari asked as she walked through the thick trees.

 

"Oh hey kiddo how did you get here?" He asked as he gave an eye smile turning back to look at her.

 

"I followed you." She said as she looked at the small water fall behind him in awe.

 

"Its beautiful isn't it?"he smiled. "Of course it is, how did you find? it?" She walked towards the clear blue stream in amazement. She ran her fingers across the water.

 

"Are they still asleep?" He asked as he looked back to where they came from.

 

"Yea" she replied. "Maybe we should go back before they wake up." She suggested. "Yea kiddo. Let's do that." He said and started heading back. As they walked towards the camp they smelled the sweet and welcoming breeze that flew through the air.

 

"Guess your mom is making hot chocolate again." He said.

 

"Yea thank God." Replied Heari.

 

"Race you!" He said as he ran off leaving her behind agape.

 

"Hey! That's not fair."she yelled. After a few seconds she started running and eventually caught up to him. "Not so fast!" He ran ahead of her. She ran as fast as she could trying to catch up to him but it was no use. He was slowly fading away as the white eery fog covered his body from head to toe in the distance. "Dad?" she half whispered as she came to a slow halt. She walked further and deeper into the forest becoming wary of her her surroundings. Twigs snapped everywhere she stepped. The sound of leaves rustling under her feet filled her ears. The leaves were becoming less and less until her feet came in contact with a road.

 

"Dad!" she called out once more to see if he would respond. Silence filled the air around her. Two bright yellow orbs made their way towards her. She used her hands to cover her eyes from the light. A loud screeching sound made its way to her ears. It sounded as if a car came to an abrubt turn. The bright lights were gone, now it was just dark fog that filled her gaze. The sound of metal clanging together was heard in the distance.

                                                                   

 "Dad!" Heari yelled out frightened as she sat swiftly in her bed. A dream. That's all it was. But the question was why the same dream over and over again. She tucked her hair behind her ear and felt cold sweat run down her temple. She sighed and got out of bed heading to the kitchen for a glass if water hoping it would alleviate her parched throat from the scream earlier.

 

"At least no one heard." she thought to herself. As she reached the handlebar for the fridge the door bell rang. Echoing a familiar sound throughout the apartment. "Who the hell is that?"she asked. As she retrieved her hand and made her way to the door. Grabbing a blanket that lay on the sofa and draping it over her head. The door bell rang again and a little more aggressively.

 

"Coming!" She groaned hoping they could hear her from the other side. She roughly grabbed a hold of the door knob and swung the door open.

 

"Hi." He said and shoved her aside letting himself in. He made his way to the couch and slumped down on it.

 

"Hey!" She half shouted, looking at him with wide furrowed eyes.

 

"What" he replied in a casual tone.

 

"Sehun?" she asked not sure if he was in his right mind. "What?" he replied once again. She slowly walked towards him and carefully reached out to pinch his arm.

 

"Ouch!" He yellped with pain and swatted her hand away. "Oh." She said and took a seat on the floor.

 

"Oh, what?" He asked observing the red mark left by her fingers. Heari just sighed with her head in her palms. Sehun looked at her and wondered if she really hated him that much. "Dude, what the hell? It's like two a.m. " she said and looked up at him.

 

"So?" He said and walked towards the couch turning on the T.V. "Lower the volume you're going to wake them up." She warned. "Them?" He asked and switched his eyes from the T.V screen to hers.

 

"Yes, them. Now will you lower it down a bit?" she answered and grabbed the remote from his grasps to lower the volume. "By them you mean Mino and Myungsoo, right." He asked squinting his eyebrows.

 

"Why do you care who's here it's really none if your business. And why are you here anyway. Are you dying or something?" She asked obviously not in the mood.

 

"Why do you care anyways it's obviously none of your business. " he said mimicking her. She furrowed her brows at him asking herself if he really is this childish.

 

"Wha-what do you mean it's none of my business. Keep in mind that the couch your sitting on is mine." She informed him pointing at the couch.

 

"No its not its your parents couch." He retorted.

 

"Right, because my dads still alive and my moms always at home waiting till I come back from school or work with a home cooked meal." She rolled her eyes.

 

"Oh. Your dad's dead?" He asked wearily.

 

"Shouldn't you know. Your the one who teased me for not having a dad." She claimed a little bit angry.

 

"I was just joking that time." he said now fully interested in the conversation.

 

"Yea because your totaly the type to joke around." She stood up and headed towards her room. She halted in her steps and looked back at him. "If you don't know what's going on then I suggest keeping your mouth shut."she advised and kept making her way towards the room. Once she closed the door she turned of the lights and got under the covers. Wait why is Sehun here? Gosh I'm so stupid how can I let let him in. Heari don't you remember what he's done to you. She immediately got out of her bed and headed to where Sehun was sitting on the couch with his head resting in his hands.

 

"Hey what the hell are you doing here?" She asked him now standing in front of him shocking him with her sudden appearance. He looked up at her with wide eyes.

 

"Well what are you waiting for, tell me." She commanded. He sighed and patted the seat next to him. She eyed him suspiciously making him let out a chuckle.

 

"Don't worry I won't bite. For now" he joked making her role her eyes. She sat down on the other end of the couch far from him just to make sure. She crossed her arms and looked ahead at the T.V that was still on.

 

"Really?" He asked.

 

"Yes really."she replied looking ahead. "I know you've been acting different lately, but I still don't like you. I don't know what your capable of and I don't trust you. Just because you haven't done something in a while doesn't mean you won't do it again." She said making him wonder how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter