# 8

Heart of Iron
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  "Slow down." shouted Sehun as he ran after a giggling Myungsoo. After a couple hours of lazying around in the living room they head to the park. It was getting pretty late, and honestly going home wasn't on anybody's mind. The weather was nice and everybody was enjoying themselves. Well everyone but Heari. Not that she didn't want to be at the park, no, infact she would rather be at the park than be in the lousy apartment.

 

"Come Catch me Hyung." Myungsoo ran to the slide. Sehun tried to follow behind him.

 

"Why are you so fast?" asked Sehun between pants as he stopped for a while resting his hands on his knees.

 

"I don't know but come catch me." he said with a wide smile spread across his face. They continued their little game of tag. On the other hand Heari was sitting on a swing, dragging her feet across the ground every time the she swung back and forth. The idea of Sehun being there really made her feel uncomfortable and confused. Confused because he bothered to be her little brothers friend, and uncomfortable because he would steel glances at her every now and then. She was completely oblivious towards his actions, but the feeling of being watched was lingering around her. She just wanted to get away from him, but how could she? Her brother looks so happy how can she ruin it for him just because she's not in the mood.

 

Mino was currently off to buy some ice cream with Baekhyun, so it was just the three of them at the park. There weren't many people there considering the fact that the sun was setting. It was awkward, awkward as hell. Even though they weren't having a conversation just being in the presence of one another acting as if they didn't know each other was filling the air with tension. But what can she do, you know not everyday is like this. She should at least take advantage of Sehun and use this time to relax.

 

"Hey. What are you thinking about?" asked Baekhyun as he placed the chocolate ice cream in front of her face. What a good memory he had, he still remembered that her favorite ice cream flavor was chocolate. A small smile crept its way on to her lips.

 

"Are you smiling?" he asked as he knelt down to see her face. "W-what? No." she said and averted her gaze from his.

 

"Yes you were. That was totally a smile." he teased as he tried to catch a glimpse of her again. She wasn't totally comfortable around him, considering the fact that he saw her . That was surely something that would take time for her to get over. To have three males see her bare body all in one day made her feel insecure around them. They obviously got the full view, and acted as if they didn't.

 

"N-no I wasn't" she said stuttering. What's wrong with her lately she can't stop stuttering. "Are you stuttering. Do I make you that nervous?" He teased once again, getting on Haeri's nerves.

 

"No you don't make me nervous. Not even the slightest bit." She responded. His big mouth was pissing her off. Even though he can be funny at times this was just not one of those times.

 

"I see." He said as he tapped his chin.

 

"How about now?" He asked with a grin on his face as he leened in closer. He was so close that she could feel his steady breaths fanning her lips. Once she noticed the proximity of his face she tried backing away but his arm reached around her and brought her closer to him.

 

"Be careful babe. Your on a swing not a bench." He said as he looked her in the eyes. A smirk dancing along his lips. He watched her reaction closely but nothing showed she didn't look flustered by his actions.

 

  Maybe it was the way she stared back at him with an emotionless gaze that he found everything baout her so attractive. Beautiful, that's what she looked like to him at this moment. The rays of the sunset shining on her imperfect yet perfect skin. She tore her gaze away from him and looked at the wood chips beneath her shoes. She's insecure, so very insecure.

 

"Hey." he said catching her attention. She looked at him once again and kept her emotionless face on. Its not like she wasn't flustered, she was flustered indeed but she was just good at hiding her emotions. Besides Baekhyun was just another guy who got around with girls here and there. What she didn't know was that this was the first time he ever felt like this around a girl in such a long time.

 

"Why'd you look away?" he asked but felt the air get heavy around him.

 

"I thought we were having a moment?" he asked trying to lighten the mood. Her eyes looked up at him.

 

"As if." she said and looked down at the chips again.

 

"Hey! What are you doing to her?" asked Mino as he noticed them. He walked over to them as he grabbed Baekyun by his shirt and hauled him up causing Heari to fall onto her back from the swing since he was the one holding her up. Mino let out a gasp.

 

"Are you okay?!" he asked slightly panicked. She just sat up straight with wood chips in her hair.

 

"I'm fine." she said as she looked around and noticed that the people who were at the park were staring their way. She let out a slight scowl and ruffled her fingers through her hair to shake out the wood chips.

 

"Why did you let her fall?!" half shouted Mino at Baekhyun.

 

"What?" he replied as he looked at him with a puzzled face.

 

"Yeah she fell because of you!" Mino said as he made his way towards Heari and raised her onto her feet.

 

"Actually I fell because of you." she said as she shook his arm off her shoulder.

 

"What? No way." he protested.

 

"How?" he asked her. She shrugged her shoulders as she walked towards the playground where Myungsoo was sitting on the steps by himself.

 

"Hey." she said as she sat down next to him running her fingers through his hair.

 

"Why are you alone?" she asked him as she furrowed her brows. Baekhyun had taken the responsibility to fill in the empty space next to her. He watched her with interest. His eyes scanning her face. She did have emotions, she's not heartless. However the people who are lucky enough to see them are the ones she cares for the most.

 

"Hyung left." he sighed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter