Don't like the attention

My Sweet Nerd | Namjin

_Please vote and comment.

<><><><><><>


"Don't worry Seokjin  you were always good in my class so i'll allow you to make up for that quiz you missed."

"Thank you Mr.kang!" i said sincerely. Because of the moving and the amusement park i missed probably 2 or 3 days of school. i corrected my homework since then but i never thought i'd miss a quiz and now i have to make up for it. Jungkook  too unfortunately moved with me so he also missed classes, not that it would make a difference because i'm sure he is very happy missing classes and having not to deal with a quiz plus he told Mr.kang that he will do the test but then told me later that he will not do the quiz. Come to think of it, my life so far is weird i mean who loses their house and is lucky enough to move to a new one along with living with the most popular student in school plus you're best friend as well? it's like a fictional life.

I was walking in the hallway to make my way towards lunch when i felt a hand tap shoulder. i flinched because i was scared that it was Taehyung again, last time he got me in the hallway and made me eat with them on their table it got me to have some people staring at me in suspicion, i don't know what to do if they start to think that i'm one of the members of the dangerous group but i mostly don't want attention. i had to run. but he was already has me.

I turn around to face my fate. it is over i thought and i turned around to face my fate.

"OH! it's you!"

"HA HA! i knew i'd recognize you! who would miss a guy like you?"

"he he yeah..."

"wow what a coincidence! uh...hey i still got your name is it Seokjin? right?"

"Yes!  but you can call me Jin"

"Alright! Jin."

"yeah.  I don't seem to recall your name, sorry"

"oh it's okay happens all the time. it's jackson nice to meet you again"

I shaked hands with the guy that got me out of fears of the boat ride.

"right, right" 
" So where you heading to?" he said looking like if he was willing to just go anywhere with me.

"uh downstairs for lunch wanna come?"

"yup of course! i'd imagined seeing you again. i just didn't think it would be here or at least so soon." he said smiling at me in a certain friendly but kinda seductively smile.

"agreed" i say trying to seem interesting in front of him. Me and jackson continued talking until we reached downstairs. We sat on the table that me and Jungkook  would usually sit, We had another short-awkward-friendly-conversation before Jungkook  came to the table, slamming a bunch of books down.

"Jin eomma~~~ i got caught by Mr.kang in the hallway~~"

"he eh ehe he he serves you right"

"he forced me to take the quiz it was horrible!"

"oh really? care to explain? i said joking with him.


"i stared blankly at the paper and dozed off staring in space. Mr.kang said i wouldn't leave the classroom until i answered the questions"

"how'd you escape?"

"i faked an injury"

I chuckled with Jungkook for a moment until i remembered that jackson was here. "Oh!" i said " Kookie this is jackson, jackson this is Jungkook." Jungkook  opened his eyes wide as if he didn't see a person right there and jackson who was waiting patiently smiled and offered a hand-shake.

"Nice to meet you." jackson said shaking Jungkook's hand like if it was a pleasure. on the other hand Jungkook  has never been more confused but happily shaked his hand anyways. "Kookie i met jackson on the day that i went out with Namjoon hyung to the amusement park" i said to Jungkook so that he could understand where i found the new friend. (because i'm a bit too shy and worried to get a friend)

"Oh~" Jungkook hummed, his eyes glittering and a small cute-bunny-like smile spreading on his face. as Jungkook  was once smiling his smile disappeared and was replaced with a frightened look instead. me and jackson turned to look behind us to see the source in which caused Jungkook to look scared. when we saw the source even i was scared, like i said i didn't want to attract attention and if Taehyung  is walking towards our table as i and Jungkook  was expecting then i'm doomed. Taehyung's pace was getting faster and faster to our table until he reached us. "hey" he said in a deep voice eyeing jackson, his face looked upset and partly angry-almost as if he were ready to attack jackson. "h-hi Taehyung" i said and he turned his attention towards me. he smiled and patted my head. "Hey there maid how you do?" i only nodded my head up and down to answer his response. then his attention turned to Jungkook  who still couldn't get a word out of his throat and was leaning back-away from Taehyung. Taehyung's attention once again turned to jackson who was just there.

"who told you to touch him" Taehyung said to jackson while looking at Jungkook.

"we were only greeting each other" jackson said looking right at Taehyung. he wasn't scared at all like Jungkook was and because of that suddenly to me there was this intense feeling. i can feel the stares and the look of everyone else looking at us. crap just as i suspected. i thought to myself. Taehyung's  presence here attracts people to look. i know i'm a chicken leaving jackson and Jungkook in this kind of situation where the scary low-voice dragon attacks them but i was too scared of the people looking at us so i just had to move and go on another table or place before it is too late.

slowly grabbing the tray i had in front of me i moved one foot out and then the other. i was almost about to slip and run out of here but a troubled low-voice said " stop right there" so i just sat back down lowering my head.

" Jungkook why would you let this guy touch you?" Taehyung said. i really don't get it, i am totally confused in this situation. why does he care whether or not Jungkook is touching someone else? why is he his business?

" woah woah, hold on" jackson said getting up from the table." since when does he need permission from you to just greet somebody? he is not your slave for you to boss everyone around and he is not your maid." jackson said the last part pointing me. little does he know that i am his maid, but still i hadn't done anything that paid off that shirt. oh my god! i have not done anything yet!!!! i'm still in debt for that $400 shirt! but it's just a shirt, they'll forget about it. yet again Namjoon hyung does not seem to be the kind of guy who forgets a debt. (sigh)

Taehyung  only stood in silence while glaring at jackson and i knew that something was about to go down and it needed to be stopped before its too late. i looked at Jungkook  since he seems to be the source of the problem in the first place but he looks like he doesn't even know what's going on " psst. jackson just apologize and sit down please" i whispered to him. jackson only remained glaring aggressively.

" i'm not a chicken who's going apologize for something that i'm not at fault." jackson said coldly through gritted teeth and it strikes me....for some reason i feel that he's talking about me. like he's disgusted at me for being kind of afraid, like he's ashamed and embarrassed to have met me. i don't know whether this is encouraging me to be brave or if it's just making me feel bad and ashamed of myself too. whatever it is jackson is right, that i'm a soulless-spineless person who's a chicken. Taehyung started cursing under his breath and jackson followed behind him. i don't want to be a chicken, i don't want to be afraid of people looking at me, i don't want to be known as a friend that can't defend you during times in need. i want to do something! i want to be confident in myself! and i want to be a supportive friend.

i grabbed the tip bottom of Taehyung's  sleeve, pulling it a bit lightly so he knows that i'm calling him. his furious face looked at me and i tried to gulp down my fears into a bottomless pit. now with new confidence i dared look at him in the eyes. " Taehyung, we need you to please calm down and leave." i said. he put the kind of face that says ' and-who-the-hell-are-you-to-boss-me-around?' but as soon as i glared angrily and said "please, can't you see your causing a commotion? can't you see that you're troubling Jungkook? jackson already said it was just a greeting remember that the one who's your maid is me and not Jungkook." my seriousness caused Taehyung's face emotion to change to 'okay-i-get-you' face.

" Sorry." he said his eyes looking at Jungkook and me only. he looked like he was breathing hard to calm himself down and he walked away, the whispers and conversations stopping along with him. " wow thanks alot" jackson said slightly smiling at me and making me feel braver. i looked at Jungkook  who seems to be distracted in to his own mind. " but what do you mean that you're his maid??"

" uh it's a long funny story. ha ha ha ha" i said trying to avoid the subject and although i knew that it just makes him even more curious i just said " let's eat!" once again to avoid him from asking. and even though people's conversation had gone back to normal and talking about there own business i couldn't help but to hear just that one conversation.

Hey i've seen that boy hang with dangerous!

oh yeah? i've never seen him before

i think i have! i forgot his name though~

i cannot see his face! he should do a cool hair style

he seems so...so ordinary. why was Taehyung oppa rubbing his hair earlier

wow he seems mysterious! like Yoongi oppa~

It took me about 10 seconds to realize that those girls behind our table might be talking about me, who else can it be! plus they kept taking glances at me and everyone on this table i guess. it was not long of peaceful eating before Jimin came out of nowhere and sat next to me. great even more attention. "hey~ Jin hyung~" Jimin hummed, i smiled at him to not seem rude but deep down inside me i'm just hoping that he finishes his greetings and leave.

"How was the trip to the amusement park?" Jimin asked his face kind of interested and kinda bitter, it was giving me flashbacks of when Namjoon hyung and Jimin had an argument in which was once again fighting for nothing! these people take simple things so serious! after that Jimin sometimes doesn't eat at the table which is making the girl's question if i'm replacing him.

"huh? well it was fun and scary" i said forming both my hands into an 'ok' sign.

"that's great! very great" he said smiling. Jimin greeted jackson and Jungkook who were just quiet. suddenly when i least expected it Jimin  touch my face around my bottom lip area, almost where my chin was. i sat there still and kinda scared at what he was doing and then he removed his hand.

" sorry you had a rice on your chin"

" huh? oh uh thanks!" i said quick. come to think of it, Jimin's face is a little too close on mine so i moved back a bit. i could hear all the gasps and 'wows' from girls looking at us.

" Look Jin it was nice seeing you again but- i think i'm gonna go." jackson said getting up. i could tell he was getting upset and impatient over the fact that i invited him to our table to talk and eat but all this people comes and interrupts. "let me go with you" i said getting up way too fast, almost seeming rude to Jimin but i didn't want to stay here with him and a depressed Jungkook.

"nah that's fine you don't have to." jackson said leaving. i sat down on the chair kind of slouching.

"if i didn't know any better i'd say you don't like me as company" Jimin said breaking my pity-party thoughts.

"Oh No! that's not it at all" i say shaking my head while raising my hands. "it's just .......you and Taehyung  attract too much attention." i vowed my head. Finally Jimin looked around the cafeteria and finally got it, he winked goodbye before getting up and leaving with a smile. Then it was only me and Jungkook left, in which i don't think he's here anymore all he was doing for the past minutes was stare into the table and going to his own little world of who-knows-what. Then the bell rang and still no response from him until i shaked him.

"Kookie it's time to go to class"

"right" he says in a lazy tone. i decided to just leave him alone to calm down a bit. as i was walking on the hallway to my next class i can feel both my arms being grabbed kinda hard. i gasped in shock as i saw two buff men with suits and sunglasses behind me, one of them was holding my arm while the other holded me by the other arm and that's how they dragged me out of the hallway and into downstairs, the lobby, and finally outside. i was kicking and screaming to release myself and of course they didn't budge. not even the security guards stopped them, they just let them go on carrying me every time they showed some kind of ID.

"wait here" both of them said in a serious tone. they were both behind me neutral and making sure i didn't run. i didn't know what we were waiting for? i don't even know why? i should at least know why this is happening to me! Kim Seokjin, poor, teen, in school, on his way to college someday, good-working hard student, average! why me?!! i didn't do anything wrong.

A corvette parked in front of us Namjoon coming out of it. he was wearing black sunglasses with a gray jacket, ripped jeans and timberlands. "are you coming inside?" he randomly said taking off his glasses in a cool confident-way. sometimes when i'm down i wish that i'd could be this cool but yet again that's only in dreams. i wasn't sure of what he was talking about 'get inside?' until he impatiently sighed, paced towards me, grabbed my hand and kinda just dragged me close to the car. it was weird, Namjoon hyung whom didn't even look at me before now grabbing my hand to take me somewhere. his hands were warm wrapping on mine and in just that moment i felt some kind of feeling inside me that wasn't explainable. in that moment i felt my body heat and boil inside me, and this urge...the urge of holding or hugging him back builds up inside me, my heart beating in a steady pace. but all of this and this feeling flew out the window when i heard a girl who was late coming inside the school say "aww~ not fair there wasn't a girl who could hold Namjoon's hands" she says.

With little strength i pull my hands away from Namjoon's the fear of attention crawling back to my skin but i was mostly afraid of what i was feeling during that moment. Namjoon looked at me with the 'what-are-you-doing?' kind of face and once again gave me the electrifying feeling of holding his hands. once in the car i finally realized that i still didn't know why i was not in class and getting my good grades. "Namjoon hyung.......um....where are we going?" i say looking at him. he blushes for a moment.

"To the movies" he says finally moving the corvette.