Mum-sized Love, Built To Last

Love Is The Hardest Habit To Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoomi rubbed her eyes sleepily and yawned. Looking around, she really wanted to escape from this crowd. Too bad today was her turn to do grocery shopping for the week. Letting out a sigh, she pushed the cart to her left, narrowly avoiding another shopper with his cart.

 

She scanned the list of things to buy again, trying to pick out which one to start with first.

 

Of course you should start from the first item on the list. A voice spoke in her head, sounding similarly to Kim Myungsoo. She shook her head a few times. She must be crazy! Why did she even imagine what that guy would say?

 

No. She was going to do this Lee Yoomi’s way. Now where was she? Looking up, she saw the sign above her, indicating that the aisle was for beverages. Alright, were there any beverages on the list?

 

Running through the list, she spotted a few beverages that Kim Myungsoo had written down. Going into the aisle, she couldn’t help feeling proud of herself. Please, if she had tried looking for the first item, she would have to go all the way to the other end of the supermarket! Now, she could at least struck off a few items on the list.

 

So smart of you, Lee Yoomi. She beamed to herself.

 

As she took a few bottles off the shelf, her phone rang. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out her phone and answered the call.

 

“Yoomi-ah! I’m in Seoul now! Are you at home?” Her mother’s voice boomed in her ears.

 

“Ho- Home?” She stuttered. Why was her mother talking about the apartment? She didn’t like the ominous feeling she was getting.

 

“Yeah, the apartment you are staying in! You gave me the address when you moved in. I haven’t had the chance to visit you until today! And oh, I should also meet your housemate and thank her for taking care of you too!” Her mother replied enthusiastically while Yoomi’s mind went into a whirl.

 

Oh my god! Her mother was going to the apartment now? She’s going to meet Kim Myungsoo, her MALE housemate? She had deliberately left out the fact that her housemate was a guy, for she knew that her mother would freak out if she knew that her daughter was living with a guy. This was bad, really bad.

 

“Yoomi? Are you still there? Hello?” She snapped out of it as her mother spoke again.

 

“Um, mum, what are you doing in Seoul?” She HAD to find a way to stop her mother from going to the apartment.

 

“My friend’s daughter is getting married today. There’s still time before it starts, so I’m dropping by your apartment for a while. Why? Are you not home? Today’s Saturday though so you won’t have work...”

 

“Yeah!” She replied a bit too quickly. “I’m doing grocery shopping now. Mum, why don’t we just meet outside? We could meet at a cafe!” She suggested, praying her mother would take the bait.

 

“I’m already near your apartment area. Besides, why would you want to lug those groceries around when we could just talk comfortably at your apartment?” Oh damn it. Why did she mention that she was doing grocery shopping?

 

“My- My housemate! He- I mean she’s probably not at home now! No one would open the door for you, mum!” She spoke with desperation.

 

“It’s okay. If she’s not at the apartment, I’ll just wait outside. Okay, I’m going to hang up now! See you back at the apartment, Yoomi-ah!” Beep. Beep. Beep.

 

She stared at her phone in shock, speechless. This is it. Today would be the day her mother’s going to kill her for staying with a guy. Swiping her phone, she scrolled down her contacts to find his number.

 

Please, Kim Myungsoo. Please pick up. She pleaded in her mind as she put the phone to her ears.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

The doorbell rang incessantly, causing Myungsoo to groan as he walked towards the door. Did Lee Yoomi forget her keys again?

 

“Yah-” He opened the door, only to see an unfamiliar face. “Oh, sorry. May I ask who you are looking for?”

 

The woman looked at the apartment number and then to a piece of paper in her hand, with a confused expression.

 

“Does Lee Yoomi stay here?” She asked after a momentary silence.

 

Myungsoo nodded, wondering who this woman was.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter