Everyone Has Bad Days

Love Is The Hardest Habit To Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You are five minutes early. That’s considered late to me.” Yoomi’s direct supervisor, Manager Yoo, chided as she stepped into the meeting room.

 

Bowing her head, she apologized profusely to him. “I’m so sorry, Manager Yoo. I’ll take note of it and reach earlier next time.”

 

“Enough! Where’s the proposal for today’s meeting?” He barked, ignoring her apology. Yoomi handed the file over to him and he flipped through it, his eyes scanning the pages.

 

“Good enough.” She sighed in relief. Looks like her effort last night paid off. “For a person of your standard.” He continued, giving her a smirk.

 

Frigging bastard! If you look down on it, then do it yourself! And what’s wrong with my standard? My standard was what got you praises from the boss for the last meeting!! If only she had the guts to say what she thought…

 

Yoomi forced a smile, “Thanks for the compliment, Manager Yoo.”

 

Just then, the company’s poster girl came into the room. “Sorry that I’m late.” She casually said as she sat down.

 

“No, no, it’s okay. You aren’t late at all. You are a minute early!” Manager Yoo replied enthusiastically, rushing over to her side. Yoomi internally rolled her eyes at Manager Yoo’s 180 degree change for the pretty girl.

 

Soon, the CEO arrived, signalling the start of the meeting. As Yoomi presented the idea for her proposal, the CEO nodded his head in approval.

 

“Manager Yoo, your department has talented people.” The CEO commented after Yoomi finished her presentation, and she smiled, happy that her idea was gaining recognition.

 

“Haha, truthfully, I was the one who came up with the idea, but I figured I should give others a chance to practice their presentation skills as well.” Manager Yoo spoke humbly.

 

Hearing this, Yoomi’s smile faded. It was happening again. Taking a deep breath, she held in her infuriations. She gripped her fists tightly, her nails digging into her flesh.

 

“Your department is very lucky to have a nice manager like you, Manager Yoo.” The CEO praised, his eyes twinkling in delight.

 

“Alright, let’s go ahead with this proposal and end the meeting here. I’m looking forward to the next meeting. I have high expectations of your department.” He patted Manager Yoo on his back as he walked out. The others followed suit, and soon only Manager Yoo and Yoomi were left in the room.

 

As Manager Yoo walked towards the door, he turned to Yoomi and semi-threatened, “You hear that? You better think of a better idea for our next meeting.”

 

Yoomi nodded robotically

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter