Sugar And Spice, And Everything Nice

Love Is The Hardest Habit To Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was finally nearing the end of another work day. Yoomi stretched her arms and groaned, feeling her tense muscles after sitting in the office for the entire day.

 

The office was now dimly lit, with most of the workers gone home. Yoomi was the only one left in the department. Or so she thought.

 

“Have you had dinner yet?” A voice startled her as she worked on the report that was due the next day.

 

Looking up, she was shocked to see the assistant manager in front of her desk. And at this unfortunate timing, her stomach rumbled loudly at the mention of dinner. She immediately turned beet red, knowing that he definitely heard it.

 

He chuckled. “I thought so. Here, dinner’s on me tonight.” He placed a paper bag on her desk. It was like deja vu all over again.

 

“It- It’s okay, Assistant Manager Shin. I can get my own dinner. Or should I pay you back?” She slightly stuttered, not knowing whether to accept his offer.

 

He shook his head and grinned. “Just treat it as a reward for all those overtime you did.”

 

How did he know that? Did he work as late too everyday? How come she didn’t see him in the office until today?

 

Seeing the confused look on her face, he couldn’t help teasing her. “I am actually stalking you.”

 

She nearly fell off her chair in shock, causing him to chuckle again.

 

“Sorry, it’s just your reaction is too cute. I couldn’t help teasing you. The truth is I just guessed it. Afterall, it doesn’t seem like the first time you did overtime today. Plus, I needed an excuse to treat you to dinner.” He winked.

 

Yoomi blushed upon hearing the last part.

 

“Um then, thank you for the dinner, Assistant Manager Shin. I will enjoy it.” She was about to stand up to give him a bow when he stopped her.

 

“No need to be formal around me. I don’t like to be treated like an old man. Oh, and call me Shinwoo instead. Assistant Manager Shin makes me sound so damn old.” He scrunched up his face in disgust, causing Yoomi to giggle.

 

She stopped as soon as she realized what she just did.

 

“I didn’t mean to laugh! Sorry, Assistant-” He gave her a look. “I mean, Shinwoo?” He smiled, pleased that she addressed him correctly.

 

“No, no, pretty ladies with beautiful smiles shouldn’t be apologizing for laughing.” His compliment made Yoomi blush again. Was he calling her pretty?

 

“Okay, I’m leaving now. Finish up your work and head off before nine, alright? It’s an order.” He said, faking a stern tone before breaking out into a smile. “Good night to you, Yoomi.” He waved as he went off.

 

Yoomi stared at his retreating back in surprise. He actually remembered her name! She squealed internally. And oh, his beautiful, beautiful smile. She grinned to herself in bliss as his smile resurfaced again in her mind. And not to forget, the dinner he bought for her. Yum!

 

Maybe it wasn’t such a bad thing to stay back late at work, afterall.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

She hummed a little tune as she entered the apartment, almost breaking out into a dance at the front door. However, her superb mood was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter