There's No One Solution To A Problem

Love Is The Hardest Habit To Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun shone in through the windows, illuminating the girl’s sleeping form. She snuggled closer to her bolster, trying to escape the light.

 

Weekends are the best for sleeping. She thought to herself as she dozed off.

 

Knock, knock.

 

Knock, knock, knock.

 

A series of knocking followed by a male voice sounded from outside the room.

 

“Lee Yoomi? Are you awake?”

 

Hearing no reply, he continued, “It’s already 2pm, Lee Yoomi! Are you going to sleep until tomorrow?! Get up now, I have something to tell you!”

 

Yoomi groaned loudly. Why were her weekends always disrupted by him? But… What did he say? It was already 2pm?

 

She sat up in her bed, rubbing her eyes. Maybe it was time for lunch. Her stomach rumbled in agreement and she rubbed it gently.

 

“I’ll feed you in a moment, tummy.”

 

“Lee Yoomi?” She could hear that the man was getting impatient waiting for her response.

 

“Aish! Coming!” She replied as she got down from her bed.

 

As soon as she opened her room door, she was grabbed by her wrist.

 

“Wait, wait! Where are you dragging me to?” She protested as the man pulled her along.

 

“How many times do I need to remind you? When you have leftover snacks, this-” He released his grip on her wrist and pointed to an area labelled ‘Lee Yoomi’ in the kitchen cupboard, “Is where you place them. Not just throw them back randomly, because they could end up here!” He pointed to a half eaten bag of chips which was on the line separating the ‘Kim Myungsoo’ area and ‘Lee Yoomi’ area.

 

Yoomi rolled her eyes at him and rubbed her wrist. She didn’t want to start an argument with him so there was only one way to settle this.

 

“I’m sooo sorry. I’ll remember to place them back properly in the future.” She tried her best to mask her sarcastic tone as she spoke.

 

“Tch. As if you will.” It seemed like Kim Myungsoo was in the mood to argue today.

 

Feeling lazy, she decided to drop the conversation and headed for the bathroom.

 

“Yah, where are you going?” A displeased male called out.

 

Turning back to the kitchen, she shifted the bag of snacks from the line to the ‘Lee Yoomi’ area.

 

“There. Happy now?”

 

Without waiting for his reply, she strode off to wash up while the male continued scrutinizing the cupboard. When he was satisfied that things were in order, he finally shut the cupboard.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

In the late afternoon, silence ensued the house as Myungsoo and Yoomi lounged on the couch watching drama reruns. The scene seemed mismatched, yet strangely harmonious. Myungsoo wasn’t the type to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter