Little Things Make A Big Difference

Love Is The Hardest Habit To Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back in her own room, Yoomi laid on her bed and pondered. Had it been more than a year since they met? Thinking back, she really didn’t know much about Kim Myungsoo. All they did while living together was to argue, and she couldn’t recall any moments when they ever sat down to talk properly.

 

She didn’t regret renting out a room in this apartment though. It was a pretty good deal for an office worker like herself who earned a measly salary. The only downside was staying with the opposite gender. The landlord did warn her when she called, stating that there was a possibility of living with a guy.

 

She had thought it didn’t matter as she was working long hours anyway. And don’t guys usually go out to play at night? Thus the chances of not being in the apartment together would probably be high.

 

Boy, was she wrong. Kim Myungsoo apparently didn’t have a night life.

 

She remembered how it was like in the beginning. They had been mindful of each other, exchanging polite greetings in the morning and at night. Then on one fateful day, both of them exploded.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

“Yoomi, do you mind tidying up your magazines and documents on the coffee table?” Myungsoo requested politely. He had been itching to clean them up himself, but he respected her privacy.

 

“Okay, I will do it later!” Yoomi replied, her eyes fixed on the television.

 

But later never happened. When Myungsoo walked out of his room hours later, the living room was still in the same old messy state, except that his housemate had disappeared.

 

Sighing, he walked to the kitchen, only to be greeted with dirty pots and pans in the sink. The condiments were all placed on the kitchen counter as well, instead of their rightful place in the cupboard.

 

It had only been a few weeks living with his new housemate and he could already see how messy this house was going to become.

 

Out of habit, he started putting the condiments back when a voice startled him, “What are you doing?”

 

He turned around to see Yoomi yawning as she walked towards him.

 

“Why are you putting them back? Isn’t it better to put them on the counter? It’s troublesome to fumble around in the cupboard to find the right condiment when you are cooking.” She stated matter-of-factly as she stood beside him.

 

“You could always take the condiments you need out first before you start to cook.” He pointed out.

 

“But what if you forget?” She shot back, feeling annoyed. What’s with this prim and proper housemate of hers?

 

Myungsoo patiently explained. “I arranged them by the order of sweet, sour, salty and spicy so it would be easier to find.” Pausing for a moment, he added, “Even if you forget.”

 

“I think keeping the condiments this way would be better.” She argued as she took out the salt bottle he had placed back in the cupboard and placed it on the counter.

 

Myungsoo could feel his anger boiling. It seemed difficult to communicate with this woman. “It would be messy to leave them all over the counter. And could you clean up after you are done cooking?”

 

“I will clean them up later-” She was going to argue about the condiments again when he interrupted.

 

“You said that about the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter