Happy Endings Don't Exist

Love Is The Hardest Habit To Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun shone brightly through the windows, shining directly on Yoomi’s face. She whimpered and rolled over to the other side of her bed, shielding her face with her arms.

 

“Lee Yoomi!” Someone knocked fervently on her room door. “Please don’t tell me you are still sleeping!”

 

Yoomi groaned and hid her head under her pillow, trying to drown out the noise. It was finally the weekends and she needed the beauty sleep badly.

 

“Lee Yoomi!” She squeezed her eyes shut, willing herself to go back to sleep.

 

“I’m going to barge in if you don’t open the door!” She held her pillow down tightly, hoping her silence would deter him.

 

“I’m giving you three more seconds!” Her eyes shot open. He couldn’t… He wasn’t serious, was he? Feeling wide awake now, she contemplated between getting up and ignoring him.

 

“Three…” Urgh, that ! He was serious about it afterall. She climbed out of bed and opened the door just as he counted, “Two…”

 

Myungsoo smirked as he studied her appearance. She was in a total mess, with her hair all over the place and her pyjamas wrinkled.

 

“What do you want?” She demanded, pissed that he had forced her to abandon her lovely bed.

 

“We need to clean the house.” He stated matter-of-factly.

 

Yoomi blinked a few times, trying to register his words. “Wait, you mean you woke me up this early to clean the house?”

 

He nodded.

 

“To clean the house?” She repeated, her blood starting to boil.

 

He nodded again.

 

“Wait, really? Just to clean the house?” She couldn’t believe her ears.

 

“Are you getting deaf as well?” Myungsoo was getting tired of answering the same question. “And it’s already 10.”

 

He watched as Yoomi’s face contorted with rage. “I. Did. Not. Agree. To. Clean. The. House. Together.” She spat out the words.

 

“I think it’s unfair for me to clean by myself when we are both staying here together, don’t you?” He said nonchalantly, as if he didn’t notice her anger.

 

Yoomi took a deep breath as she tried to calm herself down.

 

“Look.” She began. “I wouldn’t mind cleaning with you IF WE HADN’T DONE SO A FEW DAYS AGO!” She glowered at him as she thought back to a few nights before when she was scrubbing the kitchen floor.

 

“Today’s cleaning will be different.”  

 

She scoffed at his words. “How different can cleaning be?”

 

“Do it and you’ll find out.” Myungsoo smiled smugly.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

And that was how Yoomi found herself wiping the ceiling of their living room.

 

“Who even cleans the ceiling these days?” She mumbled to herself.

 

Unfortunately, Myungsoo heard her as he replied, “Don’t you see the soot on your cloth?”

 

She glared at him, nearly toppling herself over the chair she was standing on in the process.

 

“Careful there.” He warned as he wiped the kitchen’s ceiling. “Ain’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter