A Problem Shared Is A Problem Halved

Love Is The Hardest Habit To Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already nightfall by the time they went back to their apartment. The duo ended up eating a fast dinner outside before going grocery shopping, all the while bickering as usual. Yoomi grunted as she lugged the bags of groceries for the week into the kitchen, her eyes shooting daggers at Myungsoo’s back as he effortlessly placed the bags he was holding on the dining table.

 

Nice, my . She scorned as she was reminded of her mother’s words earlier in the day. Kim Myungsoo didn’t even treat her as a girl. After they checked out the groceries earlier, he had simply divided the bags equally and suggested each of them to carry half of the groceries back.

 

Yoomi rubbed her hands as she set the bags she was holding down, feeling the sting of the plastic on her palm.

 

“Where are you going?” Myungsoo asked as Yoomi headed towards her room.

 

“Back to my room, where else?” She gave him a puzzled look..

 

“Before you do that, can’t you see these?” Myungsoo gestured to the groceries on the table. He was seriously doubting Lee Yoomi’s mental capacity now. How could she just return to her room like nothing happened? Did she not see the groceries they have to put away?

 

“Can’t we put these away later?” She mustered the best puppy look she could at him.

 

“No, we can’t.” He said curtly, looking away from her to bite back a smile. Phew, he almost gave in to her.

 

Too cute, Lee Yoomi. Too cute.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

When they had finished putting away all the groceries, Myungsoo, once again, stopped Yoomi from returning to her room.

 

“Want to have a drink?” He offered one can to Yoomi, who was baffled at his action.

 

“Why? This is sudden. Did something happen?”

 

He shrugged his shoulders. “Do we need something to happen to have a drink? It’s Saturday night. We had a long day. Sounds good for a drink, no?”

 

Well, she couldn’t argue with that. He was damn right.

 

“True.” She replied as she took the can of beer from him, flinching slightly from the ice cold exterior of the can.

 

Myungsoo opened his can of beer and took a swig.

 

“Aaah~ Now I feel alive.” He said, feeling the beer go smoothly down his throat.

 

Glancing at Yoomi, he decided to comment, “Anyway, you seem to have a close relationship with your mother.” He took another swig of the beer.

 

Yoomi took a sip of her beer before responding, “Mm, I do.”

 

“How about your father? Are you close with him too?” Myungsoo didn’t know why, but he was suddenly curious about her. Afterall, they had been living together for more than a year, and frankly speaking, he didn’t know anything much about her.

 

Yoomi’s face darkened for a few seconds, before she masked her expression. “I have no father. That bastard cheated on my mum and divorced her when I was born.” She gripped the can of beer tightly as she thought back to the countless nights she saw her mother sobbing uncontrollably when she was young.

 

“Sorry.” Myungsoo felt bad that he brought up her bad memories. “I shouldn’t have asked.” No wonder she didn’t believe in happy endings…

 

Yoomi shook her head. “It’s okay, you didn’t know. Anyway, that’s why I’m close with my mum. We only had each other to depend on all this time.” She smiled a little. “At least one good thing came out of this.”

 

Myungsoo twiddled with the can in his hand. “Yeah, I really envy you. Your mother seems to be supportive of everything you do.”

 

“Why do you say th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter