Sometimes Questions Are More Important Than Answers

Love Is The Hardest Habit To Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the start of another dreary work day. Yoomi sighed as she sat at her work desk, gathering papers for the meeting later on. But something seemed amiss. She frowned as she flipped through the papers again.

 

“!” She couldn’t help exclaiming, earning a glare from her colleague who sat opposite of her. I can’t believe I left the most important document at home!

 

Panic rose in her as she tried to formulate a plan. Should she go home now and retrieve the document? But that would mean she would be late for the meeting…

 

An idea flashed through her mind. It would be the best solution, but she couldn’t be sure if HE would agree, given that he might have plans that day as it was his day off. Nevertheless, she decided to try.

 

The phone rang for a few moments before someone picked up.

 

“Hello?” A sleepy male voice answered her call.

 

“Um, Myungsoo?” She spoke with hesitation.

 

“Lee Yoomi?” He definitely sounded awake now. She could hear the surprise in his voice. “Why did you call?”

 

Yeah, she didn’t know that one day she would be calling him like this too…

 

“Could you help me with something?” She gathered up her courage to ask.

 

“What? Is Lee Yoomi actually asking me for a favour?” He teased.

 

She knew it. He wouldn’t help her willingly. Unwilling to let him gain an upper hand, she defended herself. “Not really a favour. It’s- It’s actually your fault! Because you kept tidying up my papers, I ended up forgetting to bring an important document!”

 

“How is that my fault? More like someone should have been more thorough in checking her stuff before leaving the house!” He shot back.

 

“If you don’t want to help, it’s fine! Goodbye!” Why did she even think he would help her? Sighing, Yoomi was about to hang up when he spoke again.

 

“Wait! Who said I wouldn’t help? What document do you need?”

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

Myungsoo walked as quickly as he could into the office building. It was already past nine in the morning so most of the office workers were already in their respective offices. As the lady at the reception desk handed him a visitor’s pass, he snatched it over and walked off, ignoring her blatant flirting with him.

 

When the lift reached the floor Yoomi’s department was situated at, he scurried out, his eyes searching the place for her.

 

He finally spotted her. But it seemed that he was too late. Some man - he presumed her manager - was reprimanding her loudly.

 

“Lee Yoomi! How could you forget to bring the document? The client is reaching in ten minutes and what do we have to offer?” He paused before spitting out the word. “Nothing!”

 

Yoomi’s head hung low as she listened to Manager Yoo. This time, it was really her fault. She had nothing to say, except to apologize…

 

“Sorry, Manager Yoo! I can-”

 

“Shut up! You better think of how you are going to explain to the client later! If we lose this client, you are fired! Do you understand?” Manager Yoo interrupted her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter