It's Nothing More Than A Fear Of Abandonment

Love Is The Hardest Habit To Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sushi for dinner today! You do eat raw fish right?” A box was placed on her work desk, followed by a pair of chopsticks.

 

Yoomi looked up in the midst of her work and grinned at the man, “Yup! Thanks Shinwoo! How much is it? I’ll pay you back later.”

 

“No need. It's my treat.”

 

“No, no! How can I keep letting you treat me?” Yoomi protested. She had lost count of the number of times Shinwoo had bought dinner for her in the past month.

 

“I must pay you back this time.” She said with determination.

 

“Hmm if you want to repay me, you can always buy breakfast for me instead.” Shinwoo winked at her, before opening his box of sushi to dig in.

 

“Oh sure! What would you like for breakfast?” Yoomi heartily agreed.

 

“I’m fine with anything.” He gave a dazzling smile to Yoomi, who felt her heart flutter a little. “Oh, by the way, who’s that guy who came by to give you the document in the morning?”

 

At the mention of Myungsoo, Yoomi scrunched up her face and replied, “Oh him. He’s my housemate.”

 

Shinwoo chuckled at her expression. “You don’t seem to like him.”

 

“You could tell?” She scratched her head in embarrassment. “He’s quite annoying.”

 

“Annoying? Why?”

 

“His living habits are way different from mine so…” She trailed off, not wanting to elaborate further. Somehow she felt as if she was sharing too much with him.

 

“I see.” Fortunately, Shinwoo could tell she didn’t want to dwell on the topic. And thus they spent the remaining time munching on their food in silence.

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

Myungsoo lounged around in the living room, flipping through channels with the remote control in his hand while peering at the front door every now and then.

 

It’s getting late. Why isn’t she back yet? He wondered to himself as he glanced at the wall clock.

 

He tapped his feet impatiently as he stared at the front door, barely paying attention to the television.

 

Just then, he heard the sound of someone keying in the passcode. Slightly startled, he almost dropped the remote control. Clutching it tightly in his hand, he flipped to a random channel and stared at the screen.

 

“Oh hey, you are still up.” Yoomi commented in surprise. It was rare to see Myungsoo in the living room at this hour. He was usually in his room by this time.

 

“Yea- Yeah. I wanted to uh, watch some TV.” Myungsoo stuttered as he tried to keep his eyes on the television screen. But he was actually looking at Yoomi out of the corner of his eyes.

 

“Oh. Is the show on photography on again?” She asked as she stepped into the living room, curious as to what he was watching so intently. “Huh? You are watching cartoons?”

 

At her question, Myungsoo realized he had flipped to the kids channel by mistake.

 

“Oh, I wanted to um, relive my childhood haha.” He laughed awkwardly.

 

Yoomi raised an eyebrow at him. “Ohhh-kay?”

 

He gave her a sheepish smile. She decided to stop probing and get on with her usual chores. As she stepped into the kitchen to wash her dishes from the morning, Myungsoo quickly switched off the television and followed her.

 

“So why are you home late today?”

 

Yoomi almost dropped the plate she was holding when she heard his voice close behind her.

 

“Aish! You scared me!! Make some noise when you walk!” She chided in annoyance, before answering his question. “I had to finish up work.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter