Chapter Nine

Meant 2 Be | Woozi

 

!UNEDITED!

"You won't see him anymore"

"If you do, you'll both pay for it" Jimin's voice swirling around her head, a pace of a thousand miles per minute.

Kat sighed, turning over in her bed to face the clock that stood on her bedside table.

Six forty-two am.

Kat sat up in her bed and looked round at the three other beds in her room. The three other girls were fast asleep, with So-Eun snoring and Minji moving around in her bed constantly. Kirsten was the only normal sleeper out of the four girls.

Slipping out from under the covers, Kat sighs and goes over to the bathroom. Turning on the light and looking in the mirror, she saw herself in the mirror. Under her eyes were dark bags, and she had break outs appearing on forehead. Turning on the tap, Kat splashes some water into her face before turning the tap back off and heading back to bed.

"I won't see him anymore" She mumbles, finally falling back into deep sleep.

-

The wind flew through their hair as they walked in silence, hand in hand down the beach. Letting out a sigh, Minji looked down at their hands.

"I don't like us not talking" She whispers out in a breath. Wonwoo stops suddenly and pulls on the hand he was holding, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I don't either" He mumbles into her neck. The scent of her berry shampoo tickling his nose. They stand still for a moment, before pulling away slightly and staring at each other. "You haven't changed much" He chuckles making her blush.

"Shut up" She goes to pull away, but he pulls her closer to stop her.

"I'm not letting you go anywhere"

"Good" She mumbles back. "And I won't let you go either"

"Good" Pulling away again, Wonwoo swiftly leans down to places a peck on her lips.

"I love you"

-

Seven years ago.

The hall was silent, something Lee Minji was happy about. It was a moment of silence she knew wouldn't last long, no matter how hard she prayed for it to last forever. Putting her books into her locker, Minji stopped for a moment, closing her eyes and taking in a deep breath.

Her moment of silence was broken when she got pushed harshly to the ground and her locker slam shut. Before she could even open her eyes, Minji heard the voice of meanest girl in school.

"I know you've been talking to Wonwoo" Finally opening her eyes, Minji looks up to see YoungHee surrounded by her two followers. Her arms were crossed over her chest, and a glare on her face was pointed straight to Minji.

"N-No I haven't" She stutters out, quickly looking down to the floor.

"Yes you have, just like you talk to every guy here" The second girl, Yoona, scoffed.

"You're just a Minji, you seriously have no decency" The third girl, Wendy, cackled as she threw her bleach blonde hair over her shoulder. Minji stayed silent, moving herself up against the lockers.

"Stay away from him" YoungHee whispered, bending down so was in line with her ear. "And we won't have a problem" She let out a small laugh, just like Wendy had done before pushing her over, slamming her back onto the floor. "Oops"

The three girls walked away laughing to themselves at what they had done, not bothering to look back they disappear within the school leaving Minji alone as the silence began to return. Pulling her knees to her chest, Minji let out a soft sob resting her head upon her knees.

"Why do you let them do that?" A ruff, yet soft tone asked her, making her jump and her sobs stop.

"What do you mean?" She asks, looking up to see the boy the girls had just threatened her with, looking down at her.

"You just let them walk all over you like that, why?" He sighed more a moment, before deciding to sit down next to her. All Minji could do was shrug.

How could she let them walk over her like that?

Maybe because they were the queens of the school, and if they knew about the school girl crush Minji had on Wonwoo, they'd never let her live it down, they'd only hate her more than they already did. Maybe because she'd rather them walk over her than something bad happening and Wonwoo hating her. Or because, she was so used to them hurting her, she would feel weird if something were to change.

"Don't let them do that" Wonwoo's voice cuts of her thoughts to herself. Minji raised her head up to look at him, sending him a confused look. Wonwoo shook his head, as a laugh escaped his lips. "Don't let them ruin you like this, stand up and show them who you are" Wonwoo takes the moment to stand back up, brushing the dust of off his trousers, before holding a hand out for Minji to grab. She hesitates for a moment, before taking a hold of it and Wonwoo helps her to stand. "Promise me you'll do that" Wonwoo says seriously, taking his hand to move it under her chin and moving it so she could look up at him. Nodding her head quickly, she lets out a soft reply.

"I promise" Wonwoo smiles, moving his hand from her chin back down to his side.

"You better keep that promise" Placing a quick kiss on her cheek, he moves some hair behind her ear. "Goodbye Minji"

With that, Wonwoo walked away. He also didn't show up to school the next day, and it was soon found out that he had left to start his training at Pledis. The company Minji didn't join well into her sixteenth birthday.

Minji kept the promise, or at least she tried her best too. When Wonwoo left, the three girls had nothing to threaten her about, until any guy in school made conversation with her, but she got through it. Knowing one day she'd see Wonwoo again, being able to tell him she kept the promise he made her keep on that day after school, and for that promise she was thankful, because without that she probably wouldn't of been able to cope.

-

"Are you ready?" Hobi smiles, leaning up against the opening door. Kat smiles back, picking up her bag and putting it over shoulder.

"Ready!" Hobi lets out a chuckle, standing back up straight.

"Then let's go" Kat nods, picking up her phone and slipping it into her pocket. Walking over to Hobi, her smile grows as she walks past him and out the room.

"Come on then" Hobi lets out another chuckle, as he closes the door behind him.

"Then wait up"

Letting out a giggle, Kat enters the elevator and Hobi follows along. Clicking on the ground floor button, Hobi turns to Kat with a questioning look.

"So which ride do you want to go on first?"

Kat makes a thinking face, placing a finger on her chin.

"The fasted ride there" She giggles, teasing him slightly as his face drops suddenly before he coughs to cover it up.

"Okay, we can do that" Kat gives him a look, raising an eyebrow slightly.

"Really? You won't be scared?" Hobi makes a 'pft' noise, shaking his head.

"Me? Scared? What you talking about?" Kat giggles again slightly, looking up at him.

"If there are any rides you don't want to go on then we don't have to"

"We can go on any ride you want, I don't care if it's not my favourite" Kat smiles, before going up on her tippy toes and placing a kiss on his cheek.

"You're sweet" His cheeks produced to go a light pink colour, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Thank you" Giggling again, Kat turns as the elevator dings and the elevator doors slide open.

"You're welcome"

From the other side of the entrance. Five boys out of the usual thirteen, stood around talking and they pondered for ideas to do. Minghao and Jun conversed in Chinese, forgetting about the Non-Chinese speaking members next to them. Chan had one ear phone in, playing his usual playlist of Michael Jackson on his phone, and finally Soonyoung and Jihoon, sat down on the two chairs bored out of their minds.

"How about we go to the beach?" Soonyoung suggests, before getting denied by Jihoon.

"Nah, we've already been there"

Jihoon's head snaps up suddenly as he hears Kat's giggle from the other side, by the elevators. He watched for a moment, a frown forming on his face as he sees her appear from out of the elevator with Hoseok.

"They're going to the fair" Soonyoung's voice pulls him out of his trance. Looking over to him, Jihoon raises an eyebrow. "So-Eun told me," Soonyoung laughs before continuing his sentence. "Remember she tells me everything" Jihoon lets out a sigh, his vision going back to Kat and Hoseok. "Do you want to follow them?" Soonyoung jokingly suggests, getting surprised when Jihoon stands up.

"Yeah, let's go" His mouth drops and he lets out a confused laugh.

"You can't be serious"

Jihoon chuckles slightly, shrugging his shoulders before getting the attention of the three other boys.

"Come on, let's go"

"Where we going?" Minghao asks, raising an eyebrow. Soonyoung scoffs, shaking his head.

"He wants to follow Kat"

Minghao lets out a laugh, sending a look to Jihoon.

"And you say you two are nothing" Jihoon scoffs in reply, sending an un-impressed look to him.

"We aren't following her, we're observing her from afar" He tries to convince them, only getting looks in reply.

"Sure" Soonyoung replies sarcastically, crossing his arms over his chest. "Let's just go" Moving past Jihoon, he goes to walk to the door before turning back. "Aren't you guys coming?"

Smiling slightly, Jihoon lets out a chuckle, before catching up to Soonyoung.

-

"Can't you boys quiet down!" Jihoon hisses, sending glares to the two boys making the most noise. Soonyoung and Minghao smirked slightly, their silent plan in full swing.

Stealing glances at one another, Minghao and Soonyoung stopped for a moment making Jihoon sigh in happiness before going back to the plan. If they were loud enough, they were sure Kat would catch on and hear them. Making it obvious that they had been following them, and that's just what happened.

She obviously had noticed, but to their displeasure, she had noticed well before Soonyoung and Minghao's 'master plan'. At first, she thought it was a coincidence, she had seem them at the fair, maybe they had heard about it too and wanted to check it out, but her suppositions turned when she noticed them a couple of more times, and noticed Jihoon looking at her out of the corner of her eye.

She was having a great time with Hobi, but something inside of her nagged at her as she knew Jihoon and the dance unit, of course she noticed them too, where only a few steps behind them. Letting out a sigh, Hobi notices and sends her a smile.

"You okay?" Kat smiles back, before nodding her head.

"I'm great, what do you want to do now?" Hobi thinks for a moment, his eyes moving to the food stand. Letting out a small giggle, Kat raises an eyebrow, tilting her head slightly. "Do you want to go get food?"

"Maybe" Hobi quickly replies, letting out another giggle, Kat grabs onto Hobi's hand before dragging him over to the food stand.

"What do you want?" She asks, looking up at him with a smile. Hobi thinks again for a moment, before smiling.

"Cotton Candy" Kat nods quickly, looking up to the man in the stand.

"Two cotton candies please" The man chuckles, nodding his head.

"Coming up" The man gets the cotton candies ready, swirling them onto the stick before handing them over to Hobi and Kat.

"Thank you" Kat smiles, handing over some money before Hobi could protest. Looking over to Hobi, she grabs his hand quickly, sensing that Jihoon was watching before pulling him over to find a seat.

The man in the food stand chuckles, watching the two as they walk away, his attention turning back as Jihoon coughs.

"Five cotton candies please" He asks, making the man raise his eyebrow.

"I saw you, you know, watching those two who were here before" Jihoon makes a 'pft' sound, just like he did earlier with Soonyoung, shaking his head.

"I'm not watching them" The man chuckles again, getting the cotton candies ready, handing them one by one to Jihoon.

"So you like her then?" Jihoon gets taken back, silently answering the man's question. He lets out another chuckle, shaking his head. "I knew it, the only time I've seen that look on someone else is my son looking at his wife" Jihoon looks down embarrassed for a moment, using his free hand to rub the back of his neck.

"Yeah, I do" He whispers and the man nods his head.

"Then you should go get her, don't let her fall for the other boy she's with" Jihoon lets out another sigh, looking back up to the man, as he hands over the other cotton candies.

"It's not as easy as that, her brother doesn't want us together" The man sighs, shaking his head.

"That's a tuff one, but I still think you should go for her, because you don't want to regret losing her in the end" Jihoon nods in reply, looking down at the cotton candies in his hand.

"Thanks for the cotton candies" He says, glancing to the money he had placed on the counter before the man handed him the candies.

"You're welcome"

Walking away silently, Jihoon walked back over to where the four other boys sat. Dino instantly looked up and his smile dropped instantly at the cotton candy.

"Hyung, I don't like cotton candy" Jihoon snapped out of his daze momentarily, looking over to Dino.

"Oh, sorry Dino"

-

The sun had begun to set by the time they had reached the other side of the park where the Ferris wheel was based. The lights on the rides has begun to light up and everything has begun to quieten down.

"This place is so nice in the evening" Kat smiles, looking round at everything. Hobi chuckles slightly, nodding his head in agreement.

"You're right, it is" Giggling, Kat spots the Ferris wheel, and instantly grabs onto Hobi's hand before rushing over to the queue.

"Can we go on this, please" Kat smiles up at him, not letting go of his hand as she pleads. He nods his head quickly, his smile growing by the second.

"Sure"

The Ferris wheel was old, but was still able to be used. It was a classic Ferris wheel, with small iron carts, only able to hold 2-4 people. They were made, so you could not see up above you or below you, so you couldn't see into another cart.

"Will you be okay?" Kat asks, as Hobi's grip on her hand tightens slightly as they enter one of the carts.

"I'll be okay, don't worry"

Sitting next to each other, Kat sighs slightly as the Ferris wheel begins to move before stopping to let other people in and out.

"This is nice" Kat smiles, and Hobi slips an arm around her shoulders. Coughing slightly, Hobi looks up and out at the view in front of him. Breath taken, he looks round, before looking over to Kat.

"It is" Kat looks over to Hobi for a second, looking at him with concern.

"Are you okay? You aren't scared are you?" Hobi chuckles slightly, shaking his head.

"Not anymore" Looking down at her for a moment, Hobi takes the chance to start to lean in ever so slightly. Kat takes a breath, in sudden shock as Hobi starts to move closer again. Right as they're about to kiss, the only thing he wished wouldn't happen happened.

The Ferris wheel shuttered to a stop as they reach the end of the ride. Jumping away from each other, Kat looks away suddenly, at a loss for words.

"We should get off" Kat finally whispers, and Hobi nods his head in reply.

"Yeah we should" Quickly scuttering off the ride and away from it. Jihoon watched from another one of the carts, silently kicking himself for not knowing what happened inside their cart. Jun looking at the three other boys with raised eyebrows.

"Guys, Where's Chan?"

Chan wondered alone lost somewhere around the fair. His ear phones now out of his ears as his phone had run out of power. Letting out a sigh, he runs a hand through his hair and looks around him, a small smile grows once he sees Kat and Hobi walking towards him in silence.

"KAT!" He calls, rushing over to her, before wrapping his arms around her in a hug.

"Woah woah, Chan what's up?"

"I'm so glad I found you, I lost the hyungs and I couldn't find them" Kat gasps for a moment before pulling away from the hugging boy.

"What do you mean you lost them?"

"At first they were right next to me and the next thing I know I'm alone" Kat scoffs, shaking her head in disapproval.

"I'm going to kill them, how could they just lose you like that?" Dino shrugs, pouting slightly.

"I don't know" Kat sighs again, grabbing onto Dino's hand and dragging him off.

"Come on, let's go find them so I can kill them" Dino chuckles hesitantly, even though she was younger than Dino by a couple of months, she sure could be scary.

After walking around for a minute or two, they find the three other boys as they look around for Dino. Kat shakes her head, as they walk up to them and she instantly hits them all over the head.

"Oww! What the hec-.." All going up to their heads in pain, they all turn around and get cut off as they see Kat glaring at them.

"How could you just lose Dino like that?" Hey gaze moves around each other the three boys before stopping at Jun. "And you're the oldest here, shouldn't you be the most responsible?"

"Sorry Kat" He mumbles, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Don't say sorry to me, say sorry to Chan"

"Sorry Chan"

"It's okay Hyung" Kat lets out a sigh as she look between the four boys. Her eyes stop for a second at Jihoon, before quickly moving her gaze to Soonyoung.

"I thought you would notice him missing" Soonyoung chuckles nervously, sending a look to Kat. 

"Sorry Kat" She lets out another sigh, shaking her head slightly.

"Yeah, yeah" Crossing her arms over her chest, she goes to turn away. "Be more careful next time" She calls out, walking away with Hobi, who stood awkwardly watching the situation.

Jihoon let out a breath as he watched the two walk away, before Soonyoung slaps him over the back of the head.

"Why didn't you talk to her?!" Rubbing the back of his head, Jihoon mumbles a reply.

"I didn't know what to say" Soonyoung and Minghao share a look, before following Kat and Hobi in the direction they left in.

-

Outside her hotel room, Kat and Hobi stood in silence for a moment, before Kat smiles up to him.

"Thanks for today, it was fun" Hobi smiles for a second, letting out a laugh.

"It's okay, I'm glad you feel better now" Kat nods, before wrapping her arms around his neck in a quick hug. "You should get in, we're leaving on later tonight" Kat pulls away with a nod, unlocking her door.

"You should too then" Opening her door, she smiles one last time to Hobi before shutting the door behind her.

Hobi sighed, running his hands through his hair. He looked over to a corner away of the hallway, before speaking out loud.

"You know I noticed you following us today" He states, looking down at the floor. "She noticed too, it was obvious" He breaks again, before looking back up. "Just because you guys have a past doesn't mean I'll just sit aside and let you happen"

Jihoon comes to realisation at what he means, but doesn't move out of hiding place.

"I'm going to fight for her and make her fall for me and I'm not going to let you stop me"

----------

Tada! Chapter nine

Sorry it took so long, I had a bit of writers block

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and remember to vote, comment and follow for more:)

Love always,
-Kat