Chapter One

Meant 2 Be | Woozi

! Unedited !

 

Silently, Kat watched the newly formed couple as they held hands and acted all cutesy around each other. Kat couldn't help, but gag slightly, finding the whole scene way to cringe worthy. Pushing her dyed red hair out of her face, she stood up and excused herself.

"I'll just be going now" Kat smiles slightly. So-Eun turning her attention away from Hoshi, pouted.

"Are you sure?" She asks, tilting her head to the side. Even though she wasn't looking at him, So-Eun still had her hand in his, with their fingers entwined.

"I'm sure, you enjoy your date" Kat smiles, looking at So-Eun to Hoshi and back. "I'll see you guys later"

Making her way out of the small coffee shop, Kat lets out a sigh when she hears the little bell on the door ring behind her. Looking behind her one last time, she sees So-Eun and Hoshi going back to their cutesy selves.

They were happy.

So that made Kat happy. Never in her life had Kat seen So-Eun so in love with someone she'd act all cutesy out in the open. So-Eun didn't care, because all she could see in her eyes were Hoshi, and in Hoshi's her.

Kat nodded her head to herself, giggling as she turned back around.

"Our little Miss So-Eun is in love" She whispers to herself, giggling some more. "Finally"

-

It had been two months since So-Eun and Hoshi dramatically confessed their love for each other. Not much had changed at Pledis, apart from the fact they could now go out and date, not having to pretend about their feelings for each other. They'd find ways to sneak off and see each other during practices, not that anyone minded much. It was easy to tell, these two were in love.

It turned out to be true when the news broke about Mingyu dating some American super model/actress. Turns out he also got her pregnant, so they were now together and accepting a baby, with no idea the since she was only three months down the line. Her name was Courtney, she was a really nice and down to earth girl, so nice that she had no clue about Mingyu and Minji's date, when they were obviously dating at that time. The girls from Ghost had no idea how she got into the same scene as Mingyu, but she had some sort of effect on him, changing him for what looks like the better.

Kat and Woozi on the other hand? They talked, on occasion. They talked when both of them was hanging out with So-Eun or Hoshi and they ran into each other. It wasn't awkward- okay that's a lie, it was extremely awkward- but the love they had for each other, never faded, not even a bit. It hurt knowing the company you worked for wouldn't let you be with the person you want to be with, yet they'd let one of your best friends date the love of their life, because it helps get the company more popular.

Fair to say, they didn't technically end things on a good note, telling each other they'd wait for one another, when it was obvious one of them was going to move on at some point. They couldn't just spend their life and career's pinning for one another, they had to move on at some point, no matter how much it hurt. They both deserved someone who would be there for them, would care for them, and would risk their life for them. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be each other.

Kat had been spending a lot of her time with her brother and his friends. Considering they were so energetic, it helped Kat feel better after the break up. Only Jimin and Jin knew about the relationship and the break up. Jimin, knowing because obviously he was Kat's big brother and Jin because he had walked in on them almost kissing.

None of the other boys knew, not that they needed to, all Jimin had said was 'she wasn't feeling herself, so we need to cheer her up'. No mention of; a relationship, a break up, of Woozi.

Over time she got better. Feeling less down, yes she still thought about him- a lot, but she wasn't feeling the need to cry all the time. She could go out and have a good time without her mind bugging her with everything.

She was starting to become happy again.

Over the two months she grew even closer to the boys, she called her brothers. Going on outings, going to the cinema, the beach, hey even going to the supermarket was fun with them! They always knew how to brighten the mood.

They were currently on tour, leaving Kat alone with no one to hang out with. So-Eun was always with Hoshi and Kat could only take so much of their cutesy act. Minji was surprising hanging out with Wonwoo a lot, considering Mingyu was spending most of his time with Courtney, so he must have been lonely too. Whereas Kirsten had kind of disappeared altogether. Yeah, Kat saw her at practice, but that was it. After practice she just seemed to disappear from sight before anyone can get a word out.

Ghost had drifted apart, all members seeming to focus on other things. Kat and her music, So-Eun focusing on her relationship with Hoshi, Minji and also her music, and Kirsten with whatever she was doing on her own.

Minji and Kat had released a couple of cover songs, during the two months which had gotten them more popular. Since they both knew English, Minji only knowing a bit, they had realised three English covers as well as two Korean ones.

Everything was going okay, everything was starting to look up.

-

Kat sat quietly, writing to herself in one of the Pledis studios. She was working on a song that would be featured on Ghost's next comeback with their new mini album. Letting out a sigh, Kat crosses out the last line of what she had been writing down.

'Tell me what you want babe,

Tell me that you're missing me.

Everything we had, just fit so perfectly.'

Getting frustrated, Kat runs her hand through her hair and lets out a huff. Leaning back on her chair, she started to spin herself from side to side.

"Why can't I think of anything good?" She scolds herself.

"Having trouble?" A voice appears from behind her, causing her to jump and stop herself from spinning. Turning around, she sees Woozi standing at the door with an amused look on his face. Taking in a sudden breath, she shakes her head.

"I'm okay, just writing" Finally realising the breath, Kat looks up at him confused. "What are you doing here?"

"It's 3 O'clock, I'm booked in this room now remember" He says, pointing over to the clock with did in fact say 3 O'clock, but that only made Kat more confused.

"But I thought you had your own studio?" Woozi laughs slightly, nodding his head.

"I do, but my manger said they're upgrading it so I have to use this one today" Kat opens slightly, before shutting it again. Picking up her stuff, she nods and stands up.

"Okay" She whispers, going past him as she goes to exit the studio.

"Kat" His voice comes out soft, grabbing her attention instantly. Turning her head to look at him, she raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah?"

"You can stay if you want, if you need help on that song I can help also" Kat smiles, but declines by shaking her head.

"It's okay, there's some stuff I need to do anyways" Woozi nods, starting to frown before covering it up with a smile. "Thanks for the offer though"

"It's okay, maybe next time"

"Yeah, next time" Kat replies, exiting the studio and closing the door behind her.

What they both didn't know was they both leant up against the closed door, wishing one of them would open the door and pull the other into a kiss. Telling each other that they were so in love it didn't matter what the company tried to do to them...

And that's what Woozi did... In Kat's dream.

That's what he did in his too, wishing he could just hold her and never let her go, but it was so much more than she thought. So much went into it that she didn't even know, that the company didn't even want her to know. It was unfair, all too unfair.

Finally picking herself up off the door, Kat let out a quiet sigh.

'Sometimes dreams don't turn to reality'

-

Smiling at the boy in front of her Minji, giggled.

"What's so funny?" Wonwoo smiled. Minji giggled again, holding her coffee cup in one hand, using it to cover .

"Nothing" Wonwoo laughed, grabbing onto her free hand, shaking it slightly.

"Tell me jagi!" He called out playfully making her roll her eyes.

"It's nothing seriously" Minji blushed slightly, setting her coffee down on the table. "You're cute that's all" Wonwoo scoffed, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm not cute, I'm manly!" Rolling her eyes again, Minji giggles.

"Wonwoo, you're as cute as an emo puppy, shut up"

-

Nodding her head, Kat swayed from side to side to the music that was playing off of her phone. She had just gotten back to her dorm, and thrown her bag into the corner of her room, and pressed shuffle on her phone, letting the music surround her.

"Something about how I'm feeling inside

I can't forget the day you told me-..."

Her music got cut short by the sudden face time call from Jimin. Smiling wide, Kat accepts it instantly. It takes a second to load up, and Jimin's face along with Hoseok's appears on her screen.

"Heyy!" She calls out, laughing when for some reason Jimin hits Hoseok on the back of the head. The audio hadn't gone through so she couldn't hear what they were saying. After another couple of seconds it loads and she's blasted with seven voices all screaming hello.

She covers as she giggles, as all the boys come into view.

"Hello"

"You've said hello, now bug off" Jimin tries to shoo away the members, but it doesn't really work. "Anyways," Jimin starts, turning back to look at his phone. "How's my baby sister" He laughs. Kat pouts slightly, shaking her head.

"I'm not that much younger than you Oppa"

"But you're younger than Jungkook, so you're a baby" From somewhere else in the room Kat hears Jungkook cry with laughter.

"I'M FINALLY NOT THE BABY ANYMORE!"

Soon followed by the mothering tone of Jin.

"YOU'RE ALWAYS GOING TO BE A BABY SHUT UP" Letting out another giggle, Kat looks from Jimin to Hoseok, who was making weird faces behind Jimin. Quickly realising Jimin had noticed Kat looking over at Hoseok, she looks back at him and makes a face when he raises an eyebrow at her.

"Anyways," Kat starts, holding out the way. Kat smiles at Jimin. "I'm fine Oppa, how's the tour?"

Jimin's face lights up instantly, and his smile grows ten times bigger than it was before.

"Tour is great! Everyone is amazing!" He gushes, suddenly a hyper as usual Taehyung rushes into view, taking the phone from Jimin's grasp.

"He even met someone!" Taehyung giggles, making Kat gasp and look over to Jimin who was silently glaring at Taehyung.

"Who?!"

"No one" Jimin mumbles, continuing to glare at Taehyung.

"Her name is Ray!" Taehyung giggles again, ignore the constant hits in the back he was getting from Jimin. "She's like a year older than you I think"

Kat nods, giggling at her brother's reaction.

"That's good, he should ask her out" Kat giggles again when Jimin freezes and gives her a confused look.

"You want me to ask someone out?"

"Yes, because big brother, you need to find someone and get laid seriously" Jimin and Jin gasp.

"DON'T USE THAT KIND OF LANGUAGE!" Kat rolls her eyes, bursting out into laughter.

"What? It's true" Jimin glares and mumbles slightly.

"It's not like you've been laid so shut up"

"How do you know I haven't?" Kat shoots back, making everyone from their end to shut up and all seven boys to suddenly come into view, giving Kat a mixture of really/disgusted/confused/somehow pleased looks. You can probably guess who made what face.

"Have you?" Namjoon suddenly pipes up, and the result of asking gets him a slap in the back of the head by Jimin.

"No, but that's not the point"

"Wait- So have you kissed anyone?" Jungkook questions, making Kat nod.

"Yeah, obviously" 

"WHO?!" They all suddenly yell. Kat laughed, rolling her eyes.

"None of your business"

"Awh! Kat, but we're best friends! You have to tell me!" Taehyung whines, shaking the phone. Kat sighs, looking down shaking her head.

It was Woozi.

Woozi had been the first and only person she had ever kissed. She didn't really want to bring him up, especially since they didn't know they had dated, plus the company would kill her if she even told them.

Smiling a sad smile, Kat shakes her head again, finally looking back up she sees the boys looking at her concerned.

"It was no one important" She lied, the only ones noticing her lie being Jimin and Hoseok. They both could tell by the look in her eyes that that was one of the biggest lies she has ever said, because he was actually one of the most important people in her life. Knowing not to bring it up, they play along to all the other boys believing her lie. "I've got to go" Kat lies again, this time no one noticing. "There's some stuff I have to finish, I'll talk to you guys later" She states, making them all nod.

"Message me okay" Jimin says, giving Kat a small smile.

"I will Oppa" Waving, she smiles on last time. "I love you guys!" She calls out, making them all gush.

"Love you too!" Giggling, Kat ends the call. Instantly letting out a sigh as her music began to play again. She was in love with someone she couldn't have, and that hurt like a .

"...-I'm falling babe, I'm falling for you

Falling crazy in love (Falling crazy in love)"

-

Waking up in a pool of your own blood wasn't fun for any girl. It was disgusting and it signalled that it was a start of a week of hell.

Periods weren't fun, period.

Kat sat up slowly, instantly feeling disgusted with herself. Getting up of her bed, she made her way to the bathroom and the shower to the hottest temperature she could handle and stripped down, getting in, not caring that the shower was still in the process of warming up.

It was only six in the morning and she was already in a bad mood.

After washing herself and her hair, Kat got out of the shower and wrapped the towel around her. Opening her under sink cupboard, she finds the most cliche thing possible happen, yes she had a pad left, but that was it. Only one.

The time where you need something the most, you don't seem to have it.

Rolling her eyes, she lets out a sigh and goes into her bedroom. She gets changed quickly, into a pair of jeans and an oversized jumper with a vest top underneath. Slipping on some shoes, she heads back to the bathroom to brush her teeth before making her way to the dorm kitchen.

It looked like Minji wasn't at the dorm again, and Kat never saw Kirsten in the morning, not that it was surprising how Kirsten seemed to avoid everyone.

Clicking on the kettle, Kat gets a cup of of the cupboard and leans her weight against the side.

Unlocking her phone, she sees multiple text alerts. Raising an eyebrow, she opens the app and sees she had multiple texts from Jimin and one from So-Eun.

Jimin - 4:40am
You'll never guess what!!

Jimin - 4:41am
Basically, you remember how Tae told you about Ray? (Which I still can't believe he did), but anyways, I saw her again!

Jimin - 4:43am
And we started talking...

Jimin - 4:44am
I really like this girl :)

Smiling to herself, Kat starts to type a reply.

Kat - 6:20am
That's great! Go get her Oppa! :D

Clicking off of Jimin's messages, she checks the one So-Eun sent her. Mouth dropping as she reads it, she face palms.

So-Eun - 6:00am
Hey, hang out with me and Hoshi today? The only thing is Woozi will be there... PLEASEEEE xxxxxx

Kat - 6:23am
Do I have too? Xx

So-Eun - 6:24am
YES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! xx

Letting out a sigh, Kat runs her hand through her hair. Pouting to herself Kat types in the reply she knows that'll make So-Eun happy.

Kat - 6:25am
Fine, but I'm not spending all day with you guys x

So-Eun - 6:26am
Thank you!!! I'll be at yours in 20 :) xx

Letting out a gasp, Kat a fake cry to herself and puts her head down on the counter. There was no point texting back now, knowing So-Eun was probably already on her way to the dorm.

Once the kettle boiled, she made a cup of coffee, drinking most of it in one go.

How was she supposed to spend the day- or at least half of it- with the guy she wanted date, but couldn't. With everything inside of her telling her to just say it and kiss him, but she couldn't do that.

No, if she did that, they'd both get in trouble. She knew that some part of it was the company not wanting them together. She didn't know, or see, the whole bigger picture.

Finishing off her coffee. Kat placed the cup in the sink and rubbed . Going back to her room, she starts to put on some of her make-up.

Only putting on concealer, eyeliner and lipgloss. Kat slipped on a pair of her round glasses, not really in the mood to be bothering with contacts today.

Grabbing some money out of her purse, she stuffs it in her pocket along with her phone and heads back to the living room.

Before she can do anything else, she gets cut off by a knock at the door. Checking her hair quickly in the mirror, Kat then goes over to the  door and opens it to be faced by So-Eun, Hoshi and Woozi. She smiles, as inside she was nervously laughing.

'Week of hell starts now'

-----------------------------------------------------

The spin of book is now posted!

I hope enjoyed the first chapter, i'm trying this way of writing for this book, please tell me if you like it or not.

Anyways, Woozi's and Kat's story won by one vote.

By the way, when i pictured Courtney in my head, i pictured Courtney Miller from Smosh, so heads up that's how i'll describe her.

Please remember to vote and comment! :D

Love always,

-Kat